MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Samco Global Arms

Boolit Buddy

Samco Global Arms

Any of you guys ever buy a rifle from these guys? 10 days ago I called them and asked if they had an SKS in new condition. They told me yes. I told them I would overnite the money order to them cause I wanted the rifle right away. ( they don't take credit cards) they said that would be fine and they would get the rifle right out. Today I call to check the statis of the order and was told I called WAY to soon and they wouldn't get to my order for about 3 weeks yet. I asked why and was told I was told that when I called the first time. I said NO WAY cause I wouldn't have bought it from them had I known that, and then they just hung up

I ordered two rifles from them through my FFL last fall and they took two weeks to get to him. FWIW, both were in better condition than I expected. The K31 is a tack driver, and I haven't got all of the cosmoline out of the Yugo98 yet, but the bore looks perfect.
    Born OK the first time.

Boolit Master
    I don't have any trouble with SOG rifles here a day or two latter and no hassle with returns---- Just my 3 cents Mag

How did I get old and grumpy ----- Time is unfair

About ten years ago I bought a minty Persian 98/29 from them and didn't have a problem. Last year I bought a another, but just a barreled action and again I had no problem. I have been well satisfied with them and would buy from them again.

Boolit Buddy
    Who is SOG? I should have used them

Boolit Master

I bought my Swedish sniper from them, also ammo and accessories all at different times and while some time has passed (two years at least) since my last dealings with them I don't recall having any complaints at all. Might just be a busy time, who knows, perhaps they got a ship load of rifles in after you called. This does seem a little extreme though what with the lies and all.

Boolit Master

I've noticed on a couple of the surplus rifle boards that Samco is well known for slow shipping.
    Chuck

Boolit Buddy
    I just called them back and asked for an explaination for the delay. The woman said they have lots and lots of orders and very few people working there. Oh well, live and learn.

Boolit Grand Master

SOG= Southern Ohio Gun 1-800-944-4867 SOG ships right away but they don't grade as close as others and their hand picked is just for stock condition. Samco I think grades a little closer on overall gun, but they are a little slower ship. AIM seems to be the best compromise between shipping and product quality.

SAMCO is well know for dealing upper grade rifles. SOG, well the don't.

Don't ever buy a Martini from SOG...their description is little more than fraud and their Martini's are counterfiet.
    Douglas, Ret.

Smile

I bought my Persian Mauser and my K-31 from Samco. Both are beautiful guns with which I'm well pleased. As has often been said, they are glacially slow. Don't get upset with them, just expect to have to be very patient. Eventually you'll be happy.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master
    I have ordered 3 k31's and they took between three and four weeks.

Super Moderator

............My last order from Samco was 15 years ago. Does that count? It was a really nice 1895 Chilean.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Don't ever buy a Martini from SOG...their description is little more than fraud and their Martini's are counterfiet.
    I'm assuming that these are from the cache of martinis found imported from Nepal a few years back? SOGs prices seem to be about 1/2 of what others are/were seling them for, maybe they have the worst of the lot?

Re:samco

I ordered a 98/29 from them about 5 years ago and a M41B about 2.5 years ago, in both instances I'm happy with what I received. The only downsides to Samco is that the chica who answers the phone isn't very confidence inspiring and the shipping is slow.

I also have one of the 'winter triggerguard' K98s that Samco sells- I bought it from a retailer, its a very nice if roughly built rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ............My last order from Samco was 15 years ago. Does that count? It was a really nice 1895 Chilean.

................Buckshot
    You and me have a lot in common Buck. In 15 years, I'll be able to say the same thing

Boolit Master

The SOG Martini's are fakes. My son had bought one of the Nepal .450/.577 Martini Henrys and did a beautiful restoration on it. He bought one of the SOG .303 Martini's . He had done a lot of reseach doing the restoration and spotted the .303 as a fake as soon as he got it. To SOG's credit they took it back and paid the shipping both ways. To their discredit the flyer I got from them yesterday still lists "British Enfield Martini .303 British Cal. Historic Collector Rifles and Carbines". They make it sound like the real thing but they are not.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

SOG is selling "Kyber Pass Specials", last month that Martini might have been a piece of railroad rail! The Napal cache is the real deal but only Atlanta Cutlery and IMA have any of them. They even published a book about how they found them and how they negociated the deal.

The Kyber Pass copies are crude and unsafe wall-hangers, interesting for that if the price is right but not at what SOG is asking.

SOG is selling "Kyber Pass Specials", last month that Martini might have been a piece of railroad rail!
    Or a bumper from a toyota pickup. I hear they have really good 7-8 year old gunsmiths in that region.