Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AmmoBrassTrader.com

Boolit Master
    Maybe add a "Want to Buy/ Looking For" section...??? An example may be that I want 350 Rem mag brass or some obsolete gizmo but none are offered. I can post a WTB and someone may have 15-20 they want to get rid of that they may not have thought to post a FS/FT ad for. Just a thought. I liked what has been done!!

Boolit Buddy
    Great looking setup.
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Buddy
    Agreed. Looks good.

Boolit Master
    The original ABT listed items two different ways. 1. had a dozen or so catagories such as loading supplies, loading equiptment, casting equiptment, optics and so on. 2. Was a list of everything that was listed in all the catagories. When you listed something in a catagory, it listed it there as well as in the complete list. You could look for specific items easily in a specific catagory or scroll the entire list. What you have created so far looks great but could you add a section that lists everything in order that it's posted for those that like to browse everything without having to open several different catagories. What few stickies they had were listed at the top of the complete listing. Also in everyones personal info section was a place to list stuff you are looking for so if you listed something for trade you didn't have to relist everything you needed each time you put something up for trade. As I remember it, there was a lot more stuff being traded than sold. I know I made 40/50 trades and only bought stuff a few times. So far what you have is looking good. Thanks Buck

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up

I liked the simplicity of the test forum.

If I may suggest adding "general reloading equipment" along with the reloading dies section - or adding another section for it would be very helpful.

In the test forum, I could not figure out where one should post scales, presses, hand primer tools, etc.

Looks great so far

Regards,
    Rob
    NRA & NAHC Life Member

In Remembrance

REMEMBER..............

The ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com is ONLY to facilitate a brass trading function for castboolits.

Casboolits.gunloads.com already has reloading gear, and an area for that discussion. NO need to start confusing everyone.

If you wanna trade brass: ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com

If you want everything else: castboolits.gunloads.com

Couldn't be simpler!

Thanks, Willy, for the wonderful work!!

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

I am urging Willy to set it up as :

ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com

As soon as the search engines do their magic, anyone doing a search for ammobrasstrader will find the new site. Perhaps willy could even make some mention at the top of the site that "this is the new home of ammo brass trader"

I think that that would put the rest of the folks at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    As far as reviving it........ I am postive there is still a need for a good spot to sell and swap brass and various shooting items. I get inquires all the time as to the previous sight.

Whether ABT.castboolits will do well vs. a sepperate ABT2 I don't know? But I know many miss the sight and still are sitting on more brass then we knwo what to do with.

BT

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Ok, so. This place is just for trading brass, nothing else?
    What section(s) do we need?

What should be the requirements to post a WTB WTS add? Should there be requirements? Any input would be great. LIke I say I never went to ammobrasstrader so I can't comment on what all they had.
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Vendor Sponsor

Trading/sales was anything gun related. I sugest 5 catigories. Let the poster label it as either WTT, WTS or WTB

ammo

brass

bullets

equipment

guns
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master
    Depending on what the plans are, you could actually replace or revamp the current Swappin & Sellin area with this, other wise you have two different places for this type of activity. If it is for brass only, why not add this to the current area? Just have all the searches and links point to that specific section.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MIBULLETS View Post
    Depending on what the plans are, you could actually replace or revamp the current Swappin & Sellin area with this, other wise you have two different places for this type of activity. If it is for brass only, why not add this to the current area? Just have all the searches and links point to that specific section.
    Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
    maybe right next to "The boolit exchange"
    could be called "Brass Trader"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance

Well, the original point was to have a place where people would somewhat recognize the old ammobrasstrader, and feel comfortably at home.

I suggest setting it up as much as we can like the old place, and restricting the swapping, selling, and trading to brass. Leave the rest of the selling and trading of goods to a link from ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com which sends folks to the S&S area of castboolits.gunloads.com. That's where the majority of the traffic will help others sell that stuff. Willy can do that with simple hyperlinks that cross over to gunloads.

Anything brass related = ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com

everything else = castboolits.gunloads.com S&S area

Willy, the entire TOP area of the ammobrasstrader.gunloads.com site should have words that say: ammobrasstrader I know that you used the castboolits as a template (or at least I presume that you did. But, unless it comes up with ammobrasstrader, the folks that we are trying to get back will be confused. Unfortunately, there is no known backup or cached version of the original site to view for content, colors, etc.

Maybe some of the regular ammobrasstrader guys can suggest the look/feel/colors of the original site?????
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 11-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Although ABT and Cast Boolits deal with the same type goods, they functioned differently. Most of the items on Cast Boolits are for sale vs trade and most of the items on ABT were for trade. This may seem like a minor difference to some but ABT attracted a different crowd. ABT had about 3000 members at the end. Yeah I realize that quite a few were members of both Cast Boolits and ABT, myself for one. But many, again like me, have a lot of uneeded stuff but not a lot of cash. I think BTs 5 catagories are probably enough. I would suggest using ABT for trading and the current sales/ swapping just for sales. Either could be used for for "looking for" depending on whether you want to buy or trade for something. On the trading forum you are going to get some laundry lists of different brass for trade as well as lists of "looking for" as it's about the only way a trading forum can work well. Anyway I hope to see this get going. Buck

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MIBULLETS View Post

This is a good point too and why I mentioned ABT as completly seperate from CB.

I don't know any way to put it but it sure seemed easy and simple with ABT. Our Swap and selling forum here feals a bit overwelming. Maybe it does need some catigories. I mean there was three pages worth posted in just the last two days.

If the goal is to attract the previous members as well as new members to the benifits of swap and trade..... well..... ??????? We all have our favorite sites, and what is about those sights that make them our favorites. ABT felt like home, comfortable and easy to navigate. Maybe it was smaller? I don't know for everyone, CB is certainly a LOT larger, I imagine if the original members of ABT have to navigate too much they won't even bother.

I'm just throwing my thoughts out here. Call it my 2 cents. Cetainly don't take it for more then that

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

I like the idea of ABT coming back

I don't know how you would get a search engine to point to it, but an addition to the Sub-forums looks to me to be the logical place for a brass for trade location. This site has so many things of interest, it's hard to make time to use many of them. I particularly like not having to go to another site to check for interesting items. I liked the way ABT had few sorts for items. Lots of times I made impulse trades when I saw something I hadn't realized I wanted or had forgotten about wanting an item. That may change on CB as there are so many more participants, the amount of items may become overpowering. Like Practical Machinst forum states, The heading or title should be precise!
    Rolling Stone
    Every time I'm about to do something, I think "Would an idiot do this?" and if he would, I do not do that thing

In Remembrance
    Well I'm finally able to put in my .02 worth in on this. I went to the test site and personally the top half I would consider a carbon copy of what the C/B site has to offer, and that is the for sale part.

Now the bottom half is more or less what I would like to see materialize into something worthwhile. I personally would keep it basic and simple with trades only of brass mainly. Anything that's for sale has been taken care of here.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

I was a member there,it was a great place.Here are a couple of links from the wayback machine to refresh our memories...Robin
    http://web.archive.org/web/201104301...asstrader.com/
    http://web.archive.org/web/201012251...er.com/forums/

Vendor Sponsor

There you go!

Thanks Robin!

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Mold
    Dang Robin those links bring back alot of great memeries for me! I miss that site everyday.

Scott

There was a couple guys on there I still havnt heard from since it went down...I know a lot came here or were already members here but some just disappeared.Ya I miss ABT myself...it was small but there was something about that perticular group of people...Robin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast