WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Edge Dies 7/8-14 Swage Dies

Boolit Bub

Edge Dies 7/8-14 Swage Dies

People have been asking me for some pictures of my 7/8 dies for a reloading press. Im finally getting caught up filing orders. I have 4 or 5 more to fill. But for those of you who would like to see what they look like, here is a picture. The copper bullets have been tumbled, and the brass bullets were made with fired .22 LR cases.

Dies from left to right are Point form, core swage, core seat, de-rimming die.

Boolit Buddy

I own a set of Kaine dies and see alot of similarities???

Boolit Buddy
    Nice work' The concept is not new but it works very well'
    Dies that cost $$$$ s are the same design.
    I think that system is really the proper way to swage bullets.
    I have used the other types also. {blackmoun}
    Corbin use to make a set like these years ago .

Question.

I went to the website but the picture was different for the .224 swage dies. There were only 3 in the photo. I did not see the derimmer with the punch. was it just left out of that photo? I would not mind trying a set and for the $349 price it looked awfully tempting. I just want to make sure. I am just getting into reloading and swaging is a brand new thing to me as well...

Also, I have a Lee CLassic turret press but for this stuff I picked up a 1975 RCBS Jr Reloader today. It looked barely used, actually, not even mounted yet but at $25.00 I thought it was a good purchase. I hope these would work okay on that press.

Boolit Master
    Ah man. That is a fantastic deal for an RCBS JR. I have swaged many .224 projectiles on one of those.

From what I have seen (pictured above) the dies look fantastic. For 349 four die set. Cannot go wrong there.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Oh really so then it is decent to use? That is good to read. I came here initaly for the 22lr brass converters/swaging dies and all but I have found all kinds of cool dies that I could run. Since I have a lot of 9mm brass I figure that I can use those too but for now one die at a time.. (yes pun intended)

Boolit Master
    Well welcome. The 22 cal dies are what get me started as well. I suggest you run away though. You WILL get sucked in here.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Yeah no doubt. In a few weeks I might be found in my room with my head exploded and bits of information all over the walls... I really should leave now to escape my impending doom...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by coltac View Post
    People have been asking me for some pictures of my 7/8 dies for a reloading press. Im finally getting caught up filing orders. I have 4 or 5 more to fill. But for those of you who would like to see what they look like, here is a picture. The copper bullets have been tumbled, and the brass bullets were made with fired .22 LR cases.

Dies from left to right are Point form, core swage, core seat, de-rimming die.
    what is the difference between the Corbin H style press dies and a standard die in 7/8", 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by kd185 View Post
    what is the difference between the Corbin H style press dies and a standard die in 7/8", 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"
    I'm very interested in this as well.

What kind of lead times are you running?

Vendor Sponsor

Where the copper jacketed bullets formed in your dies as well. They appear to have a smaller meplat?

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Bub
    Yes, the copper ones were made in my die. I used a point bump die that i burned w/ the EDM. The brass jacketed bullet seem to wrinkle if i go much smaller than the picture shows. Im sorry for not responding too much, ive been very busy. Let me know if any of you are interested in a set. Feel free to shoot me a Pm, or we can talk on the phone.

Boolit Master
    So does your 224 set come with a de rim die included or is it extra?

Boolit Bub
    The set does come with the de-rim die. Its not extra. Im charging 349 for a set.
    Core Swage / Core Seat / Point Form / De-rim.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    Question.

I went to the website but the picture was different for the .224 swage dies. There were only 3 in the photo. I did not see the derimmer with the punch. was it just left out of that photo? I would not mind trying a set and for the $349 price it looked awfully tempting. I just want to make sure. I am just getting into reloading and swaging is a brand new thing to me as well...

Also, I have a Lee CLassic turret press but for this stuff I picked up a 1975 RCBS Jr Reloader today. It looked barely used, actually, not even mounted yet but at $25.00 I thought it was a good purchase. I hope these would work okay on that press.
    Ill be getting around to updating the pics on the site. Im very busy right now. Hopefully it will be done soon

Boolit Bub
    Im also very excited to announce that i am having an old machinst friend start building presses for me. The press is much like the Corbin H Press or the Walnut Hill from RCE. Its all machined 1" steel, machined guide rods on bushings. Its very stout. Will be compatible with Corbin H dies (i dont have any dies for the walnut hill, so i dont know if they are directly compatible or not, im sure some of you guys know) I will get some pictures of the press posted in the next few days. Hes finishing up the prototype right now. We have swaged some big ol' .458 bullets @ 500 gr. with it, and it was pretty effortless. The press will also have a removable pin on the toggle, that will allow the press to be used for reloading.

Boolit Bub
    Those look great. Patiently awaiting my set.

I have a set comprised of ALfloyd's Lead extrusion, core swage, core seat and a point form from Colt at Edge dies.
    I have not made it to the range yet but I will post some results when I do.

point form-

The first few I made compared to a Hornady 2266-

Boolit Man
    Nice looking bullets you have there.

2.150-

Lee Factory crimped-

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast