RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: best electric melting pot / furnace?

Boolit Mold

best electric melting pot / furnace?

Does anybody make a "high end" PID controlled casting pot these days? What is currently the highest quality 20 pound ladle-pour pot that can be bought? Thanks for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Quigley_up_Over View Post
    Does anybody make a "high end" PID controlled casting pot these days? What is currently the highest quality 20 pound ladle-pour pot that can be bought? Thanks for any replies.
    Pretty much any pot can be a ladle-pour pot. If money is no object click on the Ballisti-Cast vendor link at the top and then look into Magna Engineering. Both on them offer really expensive, but really nice, equipment.

I have two pots, I've used both with a ladle: Lyman 10 and 20 pound. RCBS makes a good pot and Lee makes casting pots too. Neither of the pots I use have a PID unit but those can be constructed and I'm sure others will advise you. As to buying a pot with a PID accessory, I have no idea.
    Last edited by ku4hx; 03-22-2012 at 02:38 PM.

If you want an option you can look for a used/salvage a electric range top and just add the pot of your choice Not true pid controlled but free or very little expense that is if you have 220V outlet , Mine is a 4 burner model ,I made it portable and use the larger element for smelting and the smaller for casting pot
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!