WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

View Poll Results: How many rounds to you shoot each year?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-999

64 11.81%
  • 1000-4999

279 51.48%
  • 5000-9999

125 23.06%
  • 10000-19999

59 10.89%
  • 20K+

15 2.77%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Shoot?

Boolit Grand Master

Being honest with myself probably 5-10K. I'd venture to guess closer to 4-6k in reality based on primer consumption.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot only 500-600 per year in .357/.44mag-special/45 ACP, but not at paper targets. I dislike ranges intensely so I go to a couple of isolated places in the desert and hunt Jack Rabbits with the handguns. It keeps the skills sharp in a practical sense. Honestly, I only have a 50% or so hit rate with the moving target as the desert Jack usually is. I cast and load all my own ammo.

Boolit Master
    Don't really know. I shoot quite a few 44s , 45s , and 38s. Maybe somewhere between 5 and 10 k per year.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Bub
    to many according to my wife.
    I am luckey to live in the country
    5000-7000 mixed pistol rifle shotgun

Boolit Grand Master

No idea, pretty much just plink and develop loads these days. Used to shoot well over 10K a year when I was an active PPC and sometime Action, Bullseye and plate shooter. Don't miss those days, loading 50-60 rifle rounds or casting 3 or 400 makes my shoulders hurt.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I do 20K or more, IDPA, 3-Gun,NRA Action, IPSC, Steel Challenge + testing loads and components.

Not enough due to circumstances.
    Casting, Reloading & Shooting

I did 2,716 45's last year and my goal this year is 5,000. To date I have 756 down range! Got some catchin up to do!
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Master

About a hundred a month.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy
    if you had caught me about 5 years ago id say we need an option for over 40,000 cartridges a year. however that was back when I had access to machine guns and surplus ammunition was around $0.10 a shot (when bought in bulk).

these days its only a few thousand a year.

-matt

Boolit Bub
    rock springs, wyoming summer, Littlefield, Az. winter
    I've been shooting 3-500 rounds a week for the last 3-4 years, 45acp, 9mm and 38 spl. with 95 % of it my cast boolits. I shoot IDPA,USPSA, Steel Challenge along with working up loads and practicing. One would think that I'd be getting much better, but that's probably not the case , I was going back and forth between my 1911's and my revolvers but have been using the wheelguns only for the last two years, but it's ALL fun running and gunning, and banging and clanging.

Boolit Buddy
    Not normally a lot maybe 50 or so a weekend, but last weekend I shot up a box of 500 .45's. When the rifles come out the sky's the limit , not unheard of to use a whole spam can in a session.
    AR15 goes bang, AK47 goes bang, Mosin goes boom...

It was about 3-400 rds per week when my aim was to shoot as fast as humanly possible at multiple targets and get 'good' hits suitable for IDPA. Drawing from the holster, fast recovery, weak hand only, Bill Drills...all that. I could hardly keep up at the loading bench, and definitely couldn't keep up at the casting pot. For the past year it's been far closer to 200 rds a week and maybe even a bit less, spending more time at 15-25 yards going quite a bit slower. Then, with my first revolver a few weeks ago now, a 44 Mag I never plan to use for defense or competition, I'm going to see 150 rds a week tops. I like it all, but I really like getting all my brass back in my bag and I really like shooting the heavy wheelgun. Regardless of how much or how fast, I always tried to go to the range with a couple of pretty clear objectives, even if was nothing more than to emulate my habits learned in dry fire. With the revolver, I'm really only going for smaller groups shooting offhand, and enjoying the manly recoil.

I'm blessed with 2 beautiful indoor ranges within about 25 min of my house, both belonging to my club and exclusive to club members. Within 30-45 minutes I have access to two ranges open to the public with 250 yd rifle, and within 90 minutes another club range with ranges dedicated to just about every weapon type imaginable (small bore rifle, big bore rifle, handgun silhouette, etc). It's hard to find any good excuse other than lack of time or interest.
    Last edited by Bongo Boy; 03-31-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. T Bankhead

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Boy View Post
    It was about 3-400 rds per week when my aim was to shoot as fast as humanly possible at multiple targets and get 'good' hits suitable for IDPA. Drawing from the holster, fast recovery, weak hand only, Bill Drills...all that. I could hardly keep up at the loading bench, and definitely couldn't keep up at the casting pot. For the past year it's been far closer to 200 rds a week and maybe even a bit less, spending more time at 15-25 yards going quite a bit slower. Then, with my first revolver a few weeks ago now, a 44 Mag I never plan to use for defense or competition, I'm going to see 150 rds a week tops. I like it all, but I really like getting all my brass back in my bag and I really like shooting the heavy wheelgun. Regardless of how much or how fast, I always tried to go to the range with a couple of pretty clear objectives, even if was nothing more than to emulate my habits learned in dry fire. With the revolver, I'm really only going for smaller groups shooting offhand, and enjoying the manly recoil.

I'm blessed with 2 beautiful indoor ranges within about 25 min of my house, both belonging to my club and exclusive to club members. Within 30-45 minutes I have access to two ranges open to the public with 250 yd rifle, and within 90 minutes another club range with ranges dedicated to just about every weapon type imaginable (small bore rifle, big bore rifle, handgun silhouette, etc). It's hard to find any good excuse other than lack of time or interest.
    that sounds awesome.
    yeah i find myself going in and out of phases with my shooting. i still love to bring my 686 and blast through a couple hundred rounds with that whether i'm hitting the target or not it's all fun.
    i do mix and match rifles and mainly revolvers (don't like chasing brass) and depending on the night it's all just throwing massing round count down range at some steel or maybe a gentlemanly competition between some buddies with stupid shots with the revolver be it at a 1" rock at 30 yards or the 18" steel at 200. we always have fun.

Boolit Master

I shot 16 rounds today. The wife dogs and i did a walkthrough/hike today. I shot at stuff the ATV'RS drop along the trails.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Bub
    Not enough.

Boolit Master

Too much and not enough....At least 400 shotgun, 200 rimfire, 250 center fire pistol, 200 centerfire rifle per month. That's a fair amount of banging around. And that is with the current restrictive supply situation.

Boolit Master
    shoot every week sometimes 2 or 3 times a week .easy to get through a couple of hundred if you include a .22lr maybe only 50 a time with my centre-fires.when we still had handguns twice that.

Boolit Master

Been shooting more now that the wife and kids are enjoying steel plate matches.
    It’s a full time job trying to find 22 for them ��

Boolit Buddy
    I was shooting 5-10k a year(I was an LEO with range access). Now I shoot around a thousand a year.......the local 300 yd range' plus pistol, is to expensive( thanks to insurance, lawsuits and liberals). Now I shoot at a friends farm but not as often as I like!
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast