Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: How many rounds to you shoot each year?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-999

64 11.81%
  • 1000-4999

279 51.48%
  • 5000-9999

125 23.06%
  • 10000-19999

59 10.89%
  • 20K+

15 2.77%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Shoot?

There wasn't a selection for 'Not Enough'...I definitely fall into that category....work, my wedding, house shopping, it's all killing me right now.

Re: How Much Do You Shoot?

Usually try to get a couple magazines a day

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I used to marked my primer boxes so I could keep up with how much I shot and I quit after I reached 16,000 that was a couple years ago now I cast a 5 gal bucket of bullets and they last me all year ( I shoot IDPA ) This year I had maybe 400 left out of that bucket.

Boolit Master

thats pretty good.
    i wish i shot that much!
    i guess i did a bunch this year. i've cast about 350# of boolits. there are around 50# of those sitting in the reloading room still.
    sounds about right for what iv'e shot this year. though lots have gone through the guns with my friends shooting. i'm still happy to be able to cast and shoot that much.

Boolit Bub
    No where near enough! but im working on reducing the leading in the barrels less time cleaning more time shooting also I am making slow progress on the wife.
    I almost have the museum loving, brunch eating, champagne drinking girl convinced we belong out in the country with as much land as possible. Wish me luck !
    Molon labe!
    NRA Life member
    Appleseed Rifleman
    Can you survive the End of the world? http://BattleRoadUSA.com/

Boolit Master

good luck!

my wife is the same way. she likes shooting but not enough to make time for it. she does like the woods too.

Wow, I've never done the math before. I guess I probably shoot about 6000 or so rounds per year, and that doesn't seem like nearly enough. Casting is definitely the way to go.

Re: How Much Do You Shoot?

I try to get out every Friday morning about 4 o'clock and shoot at the club, maybe 100 rounds that way i can keep my press busy. Maybe one of these days I'll even be able to hit the target all the time.

Boolit Buddy
    Mostly I shoot muzzleloaders, so not that many shots actually fired.

Boolit Buddy
    On average 9 to 10K per year in handguns. For rifles I go through an average of 2 to 2.5K per year, not counting 22's.

To much information on here for the Bummers in dc for my liking.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Buddy
    Between IDPA and plinking, I figure I shoot about 3k per year, at least at the rate I've been shooting the last 6-8 months. Before that, it was probably 1/2 of that. I realize that's not very much, and I plan to increase my shooting in the near future.

Boolit Grand Master

Zero, lost all my firearms and supplies in a tragic boating accident this afternoon

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Zero, lost all my firearms and supplies in a tragic boating accident this afternoon
    I was on the boat with him. I don't remeber everyone's name but there were dozens of us all showing off our guns and ammo.
    What a tragedy. Ah well.

Good of to see this thread bumped back up

Boolit Master

I should be dry soon, was a heck of a loss
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

You guys are all wet!!
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

It's hard to tell how much I shoot per year. I go out with my kids and they shoot a lot of my boolits. I know I have to replace about 5 to 7 bricks of primers per year. I reload close to 7K per year but probably only shoot half. I need to shoot more I know I cast twice as many boolits as I shoot. It is nice to have a small stash of everything.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Boolit Buddy
    I try not to keep count lest I realise I cant afford to shoot as much as I do.
    With the wife and kids shooting as well it is easy to go through 1k+ of handgun ammo in an afternoon only shooting comps.

Boolit Master

I shoot 7 or 8 thousand .45's per year, about 4 thousand .40's and 5 or 6 thousand various other calibers including 10mm, 9mm, 38 special, 357, 41 mag 221 FB, 222, 222 mag, 30-30, 30-06, 303 Brit. and 6mm/284. Now that my kids are old enough to help burn ammo the old 30 carbine and my mini 14 are getting a work out again as well. When I reload, I try to fill an ammo can during a session with my favorite load and maybe 1 or 2 loads to test. This lets me stay ahead of the consumption curve. My volume of shooting has decreased from the above rate, simply because I have to watch the kids very closely. They are both girls and one is 8 and the other 12. The 12 yo has taken to paper punching with the 30 carbine and is actually getting pretty good with open sights at 100 yards. She will get better than I am, I am afraid. I have glaucoma and have never in my life been correctable to better than 20/30 so she will get better! I allow her about 100 rounds on a weekend in the carbine. I want to minimize eye strain for her. She warms up at 25 yards moves to 75 yards and drops 20 at 100 yards.

I am lucky enough to have land in 2 places with a personal range on each, so I can drive 14 miles and shoot whenever I want to. Drives my component cost way up!
    Last edited by mattw; 03-24-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Same here (Zero) cept' I sold all my guns, ammo, components, and donated all the money to MAIG.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast