Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

View Poll Results: How many rounds to you shoot each year?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-999

64 11.81%
  • 1000-4999

279 51.48%
  • 5000-9999

125 23.06%
  • 10000-19999

59 10.89%
  • 20K+

15 2.77%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Shoot?

Hi, I live about 45-50 miles ( 70km) from Auckland to my range. Try to get there weekly and probably about 150 rounds mixed calibre of reloads, rifle only at the moment.

Boolit Bub

Number of rounds

With myself and my children we try to go to range once every three months or once a quarter occasionally in the spring summer and fall months we will go twice a quarter trips started out with my two oldest boys and had developed into the entire family including my wife which cannot stand my addiction with firearms keeping in mind my oldest child is 27 years of age and that my baby is 6 years old now while the six-year-old does not find much fascination with this she does like to take her little pink cricket and plink with their older brothers and sisters or my 7 8 and 15-year-old boys and their 17 and 21 24 an 27-year-old sisters flatware out trap range in the other 20-year-old and 25-year-old boy absolutely enjoy regular target shooting and long-distance target shooting by the way folks I wouldn't be standing on the other end of thousand yards if they had cause extremely proud of both of those two young men and then about two weekends a month we get together and go to the reloading room and reload 10 or 12 hours a day on day of the weekend is a wonderful time for all generally we cook a big meal or in the warm months for me as a middle-aged man of 50 to still get to spend that kind of time with my children is absolutely fantastic and I do believe my estimation on the pole may even be a little low but a good time is had by all

Boolit Master
    There have been years I've shot less than a 1000 rounds, and days with the kids when we go through over 1000 rounds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    There have been years I've shot less than a 1000 rounds, and days with the kids when we go through over 1000 rounds.
    not 1000 rounds at a time with my kids but close too it. I agree that the shooting amounts are hit or miss with the Army sending me off to who knows where sometimes...but if I count my troops as my kids than I can blow through 1000's of rounds in a day sometimes

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

nice! i love to see this thread back up

Boolit Grand Master
    Including .22 RF, that put me in the 5000-9999 catagory.
    If just centerfire, it would be less thn 5000

Shiloh
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

I love. Casting! I went to the range with 2 buddies and 500 rounds or so of .45 acp and it only cost about $20.
    Though I've been to the range less this year I think casting will definitely help me keep up with last years numbers

Boolit Master

I shoot between 1200 to 1500 rounds a month. Sometimes less, sometimes more. If I bring new shooters, that number can almost double.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

I am really new at this and I do a couple hundred about every 3rd weekend. I do more in the winter.

Boolit Buddy
    Recently l have been doing 50rds per session on Monday and Thursday. l have SEEN what l knew all along. lts not how many rds l shoot, lts how OFTEN l shoot counts most

Boolit Master

Simple answer? Not as much as I'd like to.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Buddy
    I tried some USPSA matches a few years ago and loved it. I have made it to all of the local matches and a couple of not so local matches this year. So far I have shot around 1200 rounds of 45 ACP (%100 cast) for myself and 1200 rounds of .40 for my son.

Boolit Master
    I am in the 5K-9999 range.

Although this has been a slow year with my ongoing illness, surgeries and treatments, which will continue at least through August.

Still my son and I have managed a couple of range trips and have certainly sent at least 1000 rounds downrange. I would estimate about 500 rounds of .22rimfire and a like amount through the various .357Mag revolvers.

By this time in a normal year, I would easily have already shot 1000 rounds through my .45ACPs, .45Auto Rim, .41Magnum, .44Magnum, .44Specials and .45Colt handguns. We haven't been able to shoot any rifle or shotgun yet this year.

As I recover and my health improves, I anticipate much more range time as the year unfolds.

Mal Paso, that is HILARIOUS! At least you recognize you've got a problem. THAT is the first step: admitting and accepting the problem. Now you get to make amends and take inventory of your cast boolits!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerd View Post
    Simple answer? Not as much as I'd like to.
    Now that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy

I send a lot of ww into the berms through my 45's. Maybe a few hundred through the revolvers. A hundred or so through the centerfire rifles. A decent amount of 22 lr just to keep up on form.

Boolit Buddy

About 500 of various calibers per range trip. Two trips /month. = 12000 year
    L.E.C.

Like some of you not as much as i would like!

Voted in the 1000-4999 catagory but it won't go far over the 1000 mark.Like others said...not as much as I'd like.

Boolit Master

this is awesome. i love to see both of these threads resurrected.

i've been shooting a ton and i owe it all to casting.

i've been going less frequently, but bringing more ammo. I try to bring new people to the range to introduce them to the hobby/sport

i have no problem bringing 400 or 500 rounds of 45 acp and letting them blast through 75% of that, and using the rest myself. i could never do that without the ability to cast and reload.

woohoo!

i've probably let people shoot my ammo for as many rounds as i've shot this year. i've also got 3 buddies in to reloading and one of which is casting. its been a good year in guns and ammo for me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast