Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data

View Poll Results: How many rounds to you shoot each year?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-999

64 11.81%
  • 1000-4999

279 51.48%
  • 5000-9999

125 23.06%
  • 10000-19999

59 10.89%
  • 20K+

15 2.77%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Shoot?

Between competitions and range time, I figure somewhere around 10,000 per year. Pistol and shotgun

20k +

As an executive member of my gun club, as well as a financial backer of rifle and pistol ranges construction in 1990, I feel it's my duty to utilize my investment. Just yesterday wife and I fired 270 rounds but we had limited time. Having good shooting weather year-round contributes to my habit so we shoot at least every week; more if a match is coming up. And this doesn't even count Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet.

I cast for my U.S. Firearms 45 LC, my fun gun, and my 40 cal Glock.
    (Yes, I have an aftermarket barrel in it)
    I have spoiled them by not using anything but cast boolits in them.

I use them for target practice, you know, shoot at something to see how many times you can miss it.

Boolit Master
    My neighbors think I shoot way more than I really do. "Rooster, what th' 'ell is all that shoot'n go'n on up thar on your place? Sounds like some kinda war! Just pistols, rifles, and shotgun. No motor or other heavy artillary.

prs

Probably now in the 1-2k range but, with my wife, daughter and son all getting in on the action, totals are climbing! Hence the new interest in casting! (They are getting tired of "ONLY" getting to shoot the 22 Buckmark on some days......) Talk is cheap - takes cash money to fill up rounds! If you can find a way to strech that a bit farther, more the better!
    "In the beginning there was absolutley nothing! And then - even THAT exploded!"
    Axton 1

Boolit Master

I figured less than 10K - but I didn't count .22 !

Not as much as I'd like to the last few years. Hopefully that'll change in the future.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Boolit Bub
    10 - 15 k a year in competition and training.

Mostly .22 LR and 9mm, but I also compete with
    .32 H&R MAg
    .38 Special/.357 Mag
    .44 Mag

Boolit Master

Been retired a few years now and I'm up to the volume I would like to have shot for the last 40 years, but work got in the way. 20K, not counting 22LR's.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

200 a week on average. 150 in 45acp, the rest in 10mm and 30/284 and 308 plus a bunch of 45/70 in our "big bore turkey shoot".
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

I only get time to go twice a month during good months, once a month during hot weather season. Usualy shoot 150 rds. or so per outing, but enjoy every round.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NAHC Life Member
    TSRA Life Member

Unlike most things in life, knowledge can be given away freely and never be diminished

Boolit Buddy
    Not enough!

Boolit Master

200 shotshell per week
    100 to 200 pistol ammo per week
    100 rifle ammo per month

I shoot around 5k a year 99.9 cast, I also reload for my son unlawful and he shoots around 3k5k a year with me.

Boolit Master

I probably average 400 pistol (.45 ACP, .38 spc., .45 Colt, 9mm) per month, maybe 100 rifle (mostly .30 cal cast out for the 1903 and Garand), plus 4-5 rounds of skeet every couple of weeks. Also, other guns/calibers as it strikes my fancy. I guarantee it would be a lot more if I could shoot on my own property.....maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    From my personal guns I try to shoot 1K/month. Most of which is my 44mag and 1911.

But the best year I had was 13,200 rounds of 105mm- in afghanistan....
    You have my profound thanks for your splendid service yet I am jealous that I am too old to have participated myself. There is nothing quite like the report of the M68 or its derivitives, the rock of the platform and the resounding clang of the ejected shell casing. Ah, the smell of the burned propellant, the whine of the turret blower motor and the heat of firing.

Since lead shot went stupid a few years ago I no longer shoot registered clay's ,I also no longer shoot pins as that seemed to have fallen apart around here. I haven't enjoyed shooting practical pistol at the indoor clubs since they all want me to join the club.
    With all that said I still get out and shoot around 4k rounds per year maybe more last year but on average 4k a year over the past 5 years.
    If shot prices would come down were a poor man can buy it again and I could find a club that doesn't require me to be a member to shoot practical pistol then that number would defiantly go up again. Another game that would be fun is ICOR but don't know of any around here that does it.
    Last edited by warf73; 03-13-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master

I grew up in a big city and only got to shoot 2-3 times a year when I was a junior/senior in HS, but it was enough to get me hooked. Graduated from college and moved back to the city but couldn't really afford range time or ammo. Moved to the country 4 years ago but was too busy with farm projects to consider shooting much. Evenings and weekends are still pretty busy, but this past fall I found an indoor range a few minutes from the office that I can run to at lunch. This was just the ticket to get me going again. I have now built my backstop at the house and can easily go out to 175 yards, giving me a good place for testing handloads. I am totally hooked again, probably 3000+ rounds in the past 3 months.

Boolit Master
    I put all my primers from January 1 for the year in a quart coffee container and I just fill it even to the top. That is not counting the rimfire I shoot and I lose track of how many that is. I know the cases of 5000 sure come and go awful fast. Any more 90 percent of the centerfire fired are pistol divided between 45 and 32 long with 10 % or so 9mm. -- Bill --

Boolit Master

round count

5000 44sp-44mag
    1000 45-70
    2000 22s
    12,000 12ga
    1000 9mm
    All but the 22s and 9mm are reloads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast