Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: cz75b SA in 40sw

cz75b SA in 40sw

Long ago (2008 to be exact) I asked the board about the EAA match. Mike in Co and others sagaciously said that though an EAA is nice, hold out for a cz if possible.

Time passed and I didn't think about the purchase much as I didn't have the money available anyway. Fast forward to January of this year, and I had some coin and the urge for a new gun. I ended up picking up a cz75b SA in 40sw and what a sweet ride it has been!

It is still fairly new, and I have just over 200 rounds through the gun, but I have been extremely pleased with it! The stock trigger was fairly good, but I still tinkered with it after ordering some drop in parts from cajungunworks. Now it is humming along like a sewing machine! The gun is SAO, and even with the FPB still in the trigger is fantastic.

I don't think I will do anything else to it except shoot it more and more. Rarely have I been so pleased with a new purchase. Price was 570 OTD, not sure if that is high or not as very few CZs circulate in my area that aren't surplus 82s or 52s.

The lesser amount of area to grasp on the slide hasn't been a problem, even with my largish sized hands and the gun has been getting a lot of holster time as a carry gun. The 3 dot sights were a little odd at first, as CZ uses a glow-in-the-dark style paint instead of just plain white, but they pick up light well and haven't given me any issues in either indoor or outdoor shooting sessions.

I have also been fairly pleased with the polycoat finish. it is holding up well to sweat and use keeping the gun looking great. Mine was well machined and polished and was one of the nicer finished handguns I've owned in the price range.

I went with the 40 as I had just recently sold my only 40 caliber handgun, and in NYS tracking down high-capacity mags for things that aren't glock in handguns can prove an expensive headache. If I am only getting 10 rounds, they might as well cut a hole that is a minimum of .4 instead of .355

enough ranting, but man were you all right about this platform. These things are sweet!

Boolit Bub

Cz

You just gotta love a CZ .40. There's nothing not to like. Zack