RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Stuck Saeco sizing die

Boolit Mold

Stuck Saeco sizing die

Just got a used Saeco sizer. I went out tonight to remove the sizing die and it doesn't seem to want to move too much. It has a lot of hard blue lube in it and I have it on the warming plate right now. I just want to make sure that other than removing the knurled ring on the bottom there is nothing else holding the die in place other than lube.

Boolit Man

This is how I do it.

What I have done is heat up the lubricator sizer. Then remove the top punch. Remove the knurled locking ring from the bottom of the die, I place something soft underneath the die and use the knockout that pushes the bullets back up through the die to push the die out of the frame of the machine. I have not had a problem using this technique.

Peter P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0398 Small.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I do the same as Pete stated above. I've used sections of wood dowling, and settled on using the nylon standoff's that you can pick up at Ace Hardware stores. I like the nylon's because you can keep stacking them untill you can get a good grip on the die from above. I chose the diameter of the standoff's to bear on the bottom the die's O.D. walls, so the die & it's internal punch will come out together.
    Last edited by PbHurler; 03-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Bob

Le Loup Solitaire

Unsticking Saeco Sizing die

I use the same system as Pete P, except I put a small block of wood under the die and use the machine's leverage to push the die up. Then switch to a short length of dowel to finish the job. LLS