RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Love Life hit it pretty good. That's just about the same run I had.

FoxHound is my little girl, she does great photo work. She took some 400 pics I believe she said. She did get in some shooting too ,about 300 38s.

That saw the post down shoot was wild. The 1st shooting round lasted about 10 min . 2 teams of 5 about 12-1400 rounds down range . Those were some hot guns. Fox put 120 rnd down range ,talk about a lube torcher test!

I had a great time can't wait to go back again!
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I had a great time and really enjoyed everyone I met. Thank you for putting this on!
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

in Remebrance
    Well, this is definitely on my bucket list. Long drive to Winnemucca but I might be able to arrange something. Goat

Boolit Grand Master
    Rick and I arrived in Ridgecrest about 6:30 P.M. today, and he continued southward soon afterward. He should home about 9:00 P.M. or thereabouts. Pretty obnoxious-to-ferocious winds buffeted us all the way home, though we did miss the 108* temps that happened here today. I hope all other attendees arrive home safe and secure, and with the same fine memories I cherish after each of these gatherings. I do think I gained 5# at dinner last night!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I got home yesterday around noon. Had a great time as usual. Thanks for the pictures Foxhound!
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ah Yes!

What a GREAT TIME, as always it was good to be with all of you. It was especilly nice to have so many new comers. Thank you Foxhound for posting the great pictures! Wow, she took 400pics and I took 200. Perhaps we can get together for more postings.

Congrats to all the Event WINNERS and also to the Team Pistol and Team Rifle WINNERS! I'm sure all will be published soon.

I'll be back on soon, can't wait for NCBS2013,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

NCBS Report and Oopsies

We had great weather this year, maybe a little warm, but two weeks earlier we would have had snow and wind instead of heat and wind.

Results from the competitive events were:

Pistol, iron or scope sights 25 yd. benchrest, Buck with a bughole group of .563" using a gun borrowed from Tim in the generous tradition of this get together.

Pistol, iron sights, offhand 25 yd., Tim 49 1X. (The great results from these two matches might suggest extending the range next year, Rools Committy please copy.)

Rifle, iron sights 50 yd. benchrest, Darren with a group of .761"

Rifle iron sights 50 yd. offhand, Ammohead with a score of 48 1X matching the highest score ever for this event.

Rifle scope sight offhand 100 yd., Tim with a score of 44.

Rifle scope sight 100 yd. benchrest, Tim with a group of .949".

Long range rifle (417 yd.) Ventnburn 4 hits for 5 shots on the smallish gong. This event is at 417 yds., from offhand, kneeling, or sitting, shooter's choice.

Ladies scope sight rifle 100 yd. Alice with a group of 1.771".

Ladies scope sight benchrest 50 yd. Alice with a score of 50 4X.

Both of these ladies events were won by Alice by narrow margins over her daughter, Dawn.

The oopsies departement included Tim not being congratulated for one of the three Golden Wheelweight awarda that he won, and a box of 7.5 Swiss ammo left behind by 280 Ackley, which will force him to make a return trip next year.

More later, gotta take Milo the Brigle to the vet's.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 06-19-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Spelin
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

I am glad everyone is enjoying the pictures, I am still sorting through them. Can't wait show y'all some of the ones I got of the guns.

Looking forward to next years shoot, was some of the most fun I have had hurling lead and going shutter crazy.

Foxhound,

I sent you a PM (Private Message) Even though it's a PM, I want to tell the rest of us at NCBS, that I hope to see you anointed as our "Official Photographer"!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

Results Page Two

Results for the team pistol event:

First, let me say that selecting four teams of five shooters who won't stand still was a major project. But eventually, with the help of Ventnburn, it got done with a fair and equal, mostly blind draw. The targets were 5/8" particle board, 8" wide and 48" tall, which had to be severed through the width.

Team one won over team two in the marathon time of nearly eleven minutes. Upon this result it was decided to move the targets closer. In the second relay, team three won over team four in an ammuntion conserving 3:41.

In the shootoff, team three won over team one in a time of 3:08. The winners of team three were: Tim, Urny, Quilbilly, Darren, and Rockshooter. As keeping track of one of these fun and riotous events is challenging, I will defer to Mac for the rifle team match results.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

"Results Page" 3

Rifle Team Results,

Team One--WON! ......The team was comprised of: Buckshot, Onceabull, Matt_G, LoveLife, Quilbilly, VenrtnBurn, NVWalt, 7's & 8's, and Darren!

Kudo's Too--Team--Two, as they were a very close second!

We just got home from nevada.. long drive but worth it.. We enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time visiting with everyone..

Banned

and that part of the state now has a severe ground squirell shortage.
    after counting the empy brass [what i could find] from those two forrays i found
    175 rds of 22lr.
    185 rds of 223 from the AR.
    plus a smaller assortment of 8 mauser/30-30/30-06/308, and even a couple succomed to the 44 mag.

Boolit Buddy
    Just got back to Omaha. What a great weekend and what an outstanding group of men and women. Thank you all. I will definately try to make it next year and not just to recover my swiss ammo. To those of you that left before I got a chance to say goodbye, I'll say it now. It was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you.

Jeff

On Heaven's Range

It was a great disappointment to me , missing this thirteenth edition of the NCBS. I had some faint hope of al least attending one of the dinners, but it didn't pan out. I was still in the hospital with no chance of getting to WMCA in time.

However, from this vantage point, it's apparent that the event was a great success and enjoyed by all who attended.

My deepest thanks go toNVCurmudgeon and CobbMtnMac for all their work in stepping up to organize and run the Shoot. Without their efforts, it's very likely that that this event would not have been held. Others also contributed to the success, but from this distance I'm unable to identify everyone.

I should be released from this place tomorrow, and my next task will be the rather daunting challenge of learning to navigate on a prosthetic foot. Once that is accomplished, I intend to return to work, but it's probably going to take a bit of time. Sure would be nice to WALK the firing line at next year's NCBS!
    Last edited by BruceB; 06-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Beekeeper
    Bruce,
    Great to hear you are doing better.
    I have a friend that lost them both just below the knee in an accident.
    He still out walks me any day of the week.
    His answer was you have to get up off your kester and decide it ain't gonna beat you!!
    With your determination you will have no problem.
    Altho I will never make the shoot I expect to hear that you did indeed walk the firing line and participated in all the shoots next year!

beekeeper

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Bruce, great to hear you are busting out of that place, and are on the way back to living!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Super Moderator

[QUOTE=NVcurmudgeon;1749486]Results for the team pistol event:

Team one won over team two in the marathon time of nearly eleven minutes.

...............Wasn't an event. It was a freaking ORDEAL! Shooting as fast as I accurately could, I expended 178 rounds in that time, and to say my M14 S&W was 'Warmish' would be an understatement I think I now have breathing issues from almost EATING solid clouds of Javalina lube Poor Matt G, who was standing next to me could barely shuck his empties or reload his (44) because it was so hot FoxHound on the other side of me seemed to be coping however. That girl will flat take some pictures too!

It was all fun (except for having to be at the range so early to set up the tables ) and there was a great bunch there. Got to meet a lot of new folks, and they were just the same as the OLD folks. That is, we all fit together like a hand in a glove.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce, I have ZERO DOUBT that you'll be walking the line next year. It was a great time, just not the same without you.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    To Foxhound, After the shoot we went up Jackpot then to the Jarbidge Mountains for a photo shoot of wild flowers. We were about 2 weeks early but when it happens, it will be beyond magnificent judging by the flower buds appearing. There was a normal snowpack there unlike in the mountains around Winnemucca. If interested head for Pole Creek ranger station at about 8500 feet and the nearby campground which is a beauty.