WidenersLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Jane and I plan on being there also

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    I have an a maximum of 7coming w/me 5 is a real number.
    Can I pre-call shotgun for the trip? Me and harter will be the ones who smell like woodsmoke. I'll be the one dragging my knuckles.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Sure can actually they're all wiindow seats
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Super Moderator

.............9.3x62Al and I will be there (Thursday )

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Roger that.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Love Life
    If anybody plans to come from the California side, the 395 is a one lane at High Point on Lake Topaz for road construction.

Boolit Master
    Two for us. I will be there along with Holly. We will be coming out of the mountains to collect our room in town on Thursday afternoon after a couple days camped up in the Santa Rosa's. Can't wait. it will be great to see you all again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Best Regards and safe travels,
    Tom

Boolit Master
    Just a reminder for those camping for this event or like us the days before - with the fire danger the way it is, make sure you have an alternate route out of camp if there are thunderstorms in the area.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

Updated Arrangements for NCBS

Cobb Mtn Mac and I visited Winnemucca this week to make some arrangements for the upcoming cast bullet shoot, starting with the Friday night Rools Committy dinner at Chihuahua Mexican restaurant, just like last year.

Many of you will remember great barbecues and other fine dinners at Bruce and Karen B's home. They are just a little busy this year, so we are all on our own for Saturday dinner. With Winnemucca being a major crossroads, there is no lack of places to eat.

The Sunday night awards dinner will be at the Martin Hotel, which offers a complete menu of choices at reasonable prices. "...This great old fashioned well kept hotel was established in 1898 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a Rooming House it was a favorite place for area cattle ranchers and sheep men to stay on their infrequent trips to town." Their restaurant is rated number 1 of 18 in Winnemucca. NY Times Political Reporter Jennifer Steinhauer said: "This was hands down the best meal I have had on the road. If you find yourself in Winnemucca, I highly recommend the lamb shank with garlic mashed potatoes-emphasize garlic-with mint jelly. A more tender, falling-off-the-bone shank you may not consume again soon."

Brown's True Value Hardware will as usual furnish tables and chairs for our use at the range without cost. As well as being a large, well-stocked hardware, Brown's has a great gun and reloading department.

Reading over previous posts there seems to be some confusion about ammunition. This is a CAST bullet shoot. As jacketed bullets cannot be used in competition, it would be best to leave them at home so as to not shake up the guy at the next bench, or burden the poor, overworked, rangemasters with controversies.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-27-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks for the update and clarification, Bill. Not long now.......
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

CONTINUED UPDATED ARRANGEMENTS FOR NCBS:

Hey Bill,

I am also going to mention; all folks that arrive by lunch time on Fri., 6/15 are welcome to meet at The Griddle for lunch. Then after lunch those who can help, will go to Brown’s Hdw., to pick up tables and chairs. Then some of us also will pick up cardboard at Good Morning Furniture, to be used for mounting targets.

See you all soon,
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-28-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Friday Lunch

Guys: meeting time @ the Griddle on Friday still set for 1 PM ?????? Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

In Remembrance

Yep, 1 PM to miss the worst of the lunch crowd, so that we can become another worst.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Grand Master
    That still makes us 2nd worst.

Love Life
    Hopefully myself, Harter66, and a few others should be there in time. I am more than happy to help load stuff up after eating. I am looking forward to a great weekend.

Boolit Master
    The Martin Hotel is a great choice. We have partaken of a picon punch or two there but never eaten there. it is a favorite party spot for photographers as well as the local ranchers. See you all at 1 at the Griddle.

Boolit Master

Looking forward to seeing you folks for lunch on Friday.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In Remembrance

Range Courtesy

All participants in NCBS are reminded that the magnificent and meticulously maintained range that we will be shooting on belongs to the people of Humboldt County. The range was built largely by the employees of the next-door county sanitary landfill, and they still keep a parental eye on the range. We don't have exclusive use of the range; it properly remains open to the public. Therefore we must accomodate members of the public who may be also using the range.

Besides the external manners above, we also are obligated by internal manners to make sure that all participants in NCBS have equal access to the facilities. Last year there was a problem with some of our number "camping out" on the four concrete shooting benches. I almost did not get to use the concrete bench needed for my participation in the iron sight rifle group event. Another shooter did not compete in all the events for the same reason.

Accordingly, target changes will be called after every 20 minutes of shooting time. After the target change is done, previous occupants will remove all their equipment from the concrete benches and move to one of the tables, so that other shooters can get their group events fired. We have a growing group of shooters and a number of events to get in, so we must keep moving. Obviously, each shooter will have to return to a concrete bench twice (up to four times for the ladies) to shoot all the group events. The few concrete benches must be shared so that every shooter has a chance. Please use the concrete benches for group events only. If you must sight in a firearm, which should have been attended to at your home range, teach children to shoot, or other non-competitive purpose please use the tables.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-28-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: extra non relevant character

Boolit Grand Master
    And please don't camp out on the tables, either.

1) NO WHINING!

2) HAVE FUN!

(and to support Bruce's Rule #2)

3) NO LINE HOGGING!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast