Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Boolit Master
    hmmmm- ground squirrels. Is it ok to bring along a rifle that doesnt shoot cast? I promise to keep it covered and segregated.
    Loren in Idaho

Heytrap,

You and Rodger are more than welcome!!! Glad to hear your casting for that nice Enfield. What else you got? It's OK if it is a secret!

Would advise reservation soon, as late spring/early summer, Motels fill up in Winnemucca! We stay at the WINNEMUCA INN, but there's, 8-10 or or more Motels that NCBS folks stay at. Also there a few RV Parks.... check the net.

Are you bringing Cheryl and Amy? Again, looking forward to seeing you there!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 03-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Banned

yeah, no problems.
    someone brought a varmint rifle to the big bore prairie dog shoot last year.
    and he wasn't run outta camp.

june this year hmmm, i might get the mustang out and wash it then drive it over.
    well see how the work thing shapes up.

Boolit Master
    I am bringing my 204 for the ground squirrels but plan on using my Hornet or 6mm Rem with CB's as well if the ranges are under 150 yds. If I hear anything about a rancher out in Paradise Valley who needs to be liberated from some marauding jackrabbits, I might do that too. I am only planning one day for varmints and another for rockhounding (opal, apache tears, plus targets of opportunity, of course) prior to the shoot. I plan to check at the saloon in Paradise Valley on Wednesday while rockhounding to gleen any info from the ranchers on whatever is new and unwanted in their pastures. If someone in the Winnemucca or Battle Mountain areas has a suggestion, post it here.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 03-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.

rockshooter,

First, welcome to "Cast boolits" You can bring whatever you like. It sounds like your aware, all our competitions are Cast Boolits only. If you haven't already been looking over the Sticky's under "get-together, competition and results"? Look for NCBS 2011, NCBS 2010, and so forth. You will get a very good idea, as to how we do things.

Again, Welcome,
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 03-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    Definately welcome. Anybody think a m40 would be a bit much for ground squirrels? Hehehe.

Boolit Buddy
    Just made reservations at the Winnemucca Inn. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Have a few questions for the more experienced hands. How many guns and how many rounds of ammo? I was thinking 4 or 5 long guns and a couple of pistols with a 100 rounds each. Is there a trap range and how do any of you play that game while there? Rimfires? Who furnishes the targets? I'm excited.

Jeff

Love Life
    I think I'll do some primitive camping around the area. I'll be the smelly guy at the rules committee. By the way Quilbilly I'll be bringing my prospecting stuff. Maybe a retirement nugget will be found.

I will only be bringing boolits for the handguns. Looking forward to enjoying good fellowship more than I am to shooting.

Moderator Emeritus

280 double or triple the pistol rounds and you would be closer to what I and my son and nephew shot the last few years. There is a team stake shoot that you might shoot 100-150 rds on. Between sight in's competition and the rifle shoot 100 for each gun should do you fine.
    I am not sure I will make it this year. June is one of my busiest work months. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remembrance
    Gosh darn it boys, I can't make it....but if y'all will set up a target for me and give me the gps co-ordinates and the time of day to shoot I reckon I can get a few rounds into the black from here in Texas...

Boolit Master
    Got my reservations at Scott shady Court from Thursday-Sunday so if a work party is called for on Friday (tables, chairs, etc), I will be there. I will be camping at the most beautiful spring campsite in Nevada Tuesday and Wednesday so if you need directions, Love Life, or suggestions for someplace closer since my camp In Paradise Valley is 35 miles out, let me know. My only camping worry is those ugly mormon crickets that march by millions and give me the crawlies just looking at them. If the are out, I may camp up in the snow zone

Boolit Master
    quilbilly- bring your Red Ryder for the crickets- just don't shoot your eye out!
    Loren

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

shameless Tout

Especially for those traveling to NCBS'12 from the NE or NW.. Come early ,S&W Collector's assn. annual meeting this Year..Boise,Id, June 6-9,2012....Dire personal news,because I am @ Henry's Lake for the entirety. If you can fit this in, I know a gent or two to help acclimate you, introduce you around, keep the most noxious dealers at bay,prn....Then bring your newest treasures to Winnie,to mark up to So.Cal.values...Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

It sounds like a fun shoot.
    Unfortunately it falls on the same week end as the Quigley shoot I havent missed since 02.
    I have been looking for some shoots down your way for this year.

Kurt

Super Moderator

.............There is a sticky for the 2011 NCBS at: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=107746&page=6

The actual shoot begins on page 6. After that there will be comments and such about the shoot, and pictures start on page 8. Go check'em out!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Just made motel reservations.
    As long as the on call schedule at work doesn't change, I should be able to make it.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Geart!!

Always glad to see you Matt. I think of the miles you put on to join us and appreciate your dedication!

Boolit Man
    I might be able to come again this year, but I'm not 100 % on that as I'm getting married at the end of may. If funds and the new wifey permit, ill be there.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by nouseforaname1246 View Post
    I might be able to come again this year, but I'm not 100 % on that as I'm getting married at the end of may. If funds and the new wifey permit, ill be there.
    If you end up going alone do you want to carpool?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Love life,
    I'll be headed out Friday morning . I have a place you or I could leave a vehical in Yerington ,Silver Springs or Fernly.its only about 20 miles off the shortest course for me. Come to think of it I've a parking place in Fallon too. Its only a couple hr I can put up w/most anybody that long,if you can stand me.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast