Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    No matter how good your lube is, you are still going to vaporize a good quantity of lead.
    Not really a problem outdoors, but for indoor ranges it could be.
    I found this out by screwing a suppressor on the end of my pistol.
    Not a speck of lead in the barrel, but who-boy! when it's time to clean the can.
    It is no wonder people have elevated lead levels, I would have never thought.
    most of the lead is coming from the priming compound. I doubt the boolit ever gets enough heat for enough time to vaporize..

Boolit Master
    I think there's some extra lead in the air when you shoot cast bullets. When you cast up a batch of bullets, there is always a bit of lead dust that breaks off. It builds up in my tumble lubing pan and mixes with the lube, darkening it. When you fire the bullet, some of that dust is going to go in the air. Some of it might vaporize, but I expect there to be some solid lead particles small enough to suspend in the muzzle blast long enough to breathe.

It's not just the color of the lube, either. While the tumble lube is liquid, I can see solid grit/particles in the corners of the groove when I haven't cleaned my tumble lube pan in awhile. They actually seem to help fill the TL grooves more fully.
    Last edited by gloob; 02-01-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Shot my first bullets lubed with Carnuba Red today. After shooting with my previous lube I would normally need to scrub some lead from the first half inch or so of the barrel. Wasn't necessary with Carnuba Red!

Boolit Buddy

White Label Lube to heat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdane View Post
    I haven't tried any other lube than the RCBS lube that came with my sizer. I cast .41, .44, and .45 mostly and being in my 60's don't feel a big need to push them hard. I've been thinking about trying 45-45-10 for some 45-230-TC boolits but what stick lube for around 1000fps for the others. Now that I'm retired, I might start casting for my 30/30 too. I don't have a heater but I can get one if I need to. Thanks
    I have been using a hair dryer sucessfully for years. Borrowed wifes originally and she upgraded to a newer model several years later. Rewarm sizer when it needs heat. In a heated house in winter this could be every 10 to 15 min. Doesn't take very long don't overheat. afish4570

Quote Originally Posted by afish4570 View Post
    I have been using a hair dryer sucessfully for years. Borrowed wifes originally and she upgraded to a newer model several years later. Rewarm sizer when it needs heat. In a heated house in winter this could be every 10 to 15 min. Doesn't take very long don't overheat. afish4570
    A simple light bulb will also work.

Boolit Bub
    The Blue Carnauba eliminated the leading problems I had with my 357 cast loads. It leaves traces in the bore, so I know it's in all 24 inches of the barrel. Flows effortlessly from the Lyman 45. I even use it with LAL and PC bullets. I tend to overlube and so far the products have been very successful for me. You can see the traces of the lube in my bore, here is a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M73Borelube deposit.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	316247

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819