Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't cast in a long while but just. And have only done it for muzzleoading and BPCR so I used SPG lube. I just ordered some Carnuba Red And Blue. Going to cast for .44 mag rifle and 45-70. Are these lubes good for these calibers?

Boolit Grand Master

Some years ago, I settled on Carnauba Red for all my smokeless loads in my revolvers. At the time, I was often out in hot weather. Leaving my ammo in the car when temps were over 90 degrees created no problems with the lube melting and “killing” the ammo. Previously, that had happened to me at an especially bad time.

Conversely, hunting in below zero weather had not presented a problem, either.

I have shot, literally, tens of thousands of loads in revolvers, pistols, and rifles using Carnauba Red without issue. It does require a bit of heat when using my lube sizers (Star, Lyman, and RCBS).

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    Some years ago, I settled on Carnauba Red for all my smokeless loads in my revolvers. At the time, I was often out in hot weather. Leaving my ammo in the car when temps were over 90 degrees created no problems with the lube melting and “killing” the ammo. Previously, that had happened to me at an especially bad time.

Conversely, hunting in below zero weather had not presented a problem, either.

I have shot, literally, tens of thousands of loads in revolvers, pistols, and rifles using Carnauba Red without issue. It does require a bit of heat when using my lube sizers (Star, Lyman, and RCBS).

FWIW
    Dale53
    Good to know!
    I thought the Carnuba blue might be a bit better for our frigid hunting seasons so I bought both.

Boolit Master
    I use BAC and am quite satisfied with it.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    After reading most of these posts I pulled the trigger and ordered some BAC to try in my Colt 1911A1 .45 ACP. I'm just starting to cast for the .45ACP and have high hopes. I have some brass, primers, BE, lead and a few molds to try out. I'm old and just want to plink. Glad I bought all the components when they were available at a decent price. BAC price seems good. Cheaper than I can make it.
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Boolit Grand Master

I used to make my own lube. After I discovered Lars and his lubes, I quit making my own lube for smokeless and use White Label Lubes for all of my smokeless loads in rifles and pistols. I now only shoot pistol after I lost the vision in my right eye.

Lars of White Label Lubes has great prices and great Service!

I am only connected to White Label as a customer, a satisfied customer for many years.

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    I recently started casting again in large lots and needed lube. I bought several types from all the praise that was received here. I'll be set for a long time. Thanks Leah & Lars !!!!

Boolit Master
    I use only 2500 and bought some bricks and melted them down with a heat gun and put them in PVC of the right length while sitting on a steel plate. After putting them in the freezer overnight they came out easily. I also did it with BAC and Carnuba red I think and haven't used either because the 2500 works for everything I have tried and there is no reason to change.

I am using the bp lube. It has a high melting temp for lube- 185 degrees. It seems a little stiff too. It doesn’t liquify my fouling. It does make it a little softer, but as a lube cookie I can still only get 3 good shots before I need a dry patch. Maybe a cleaning patch would be better. Or better yet I could ram some bore butter down there. Anyone want to comment?

BIG shout out for great lube from Glenn Larsen and White Label Lubes; terrific stuff. Just called for more this morning and what nice people they are. Glenn's Wife is a hoot, and so down to earth too! Glenn was helpful for me years back when I began shooting my Long range Sharps 45-100, also with several handguns I have..His BAC lube really works at non magnum velocities and no heater needed, I like that!

Boolit Master
    I need to use heat with bac lube , especially in the winter. It is great stuff.

I'm running low on lube and need to place an order. I've been using the blue carnuba. Is the red any different from the blue or just a different color?
    Last edited by SoonerEd; 09-17-2022 at 04:01 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

The red has a higher working temperature and requires heat to flow in most sizers. I’m going the opposite direction. I’ve been using red and hope to have the same performance with blue and lube at room temperatures.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The red has a higher working temperature and requires heat to flow in most sizers. I’m going the opposite direction. I’ve been using red and hope to have the same performance with blue and lube at room temperatures.
    I have to run a little heat with the blue unless it's a 100 degree day and really hot in the garage. The blue works well.
    Last edited by SoonerEd; 09-17-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Banner Sponsor

The ingredients of the Red and Blue are the same, we just add more of the oils to the Blue to make it softer.
    The original idea for the Blue was for it to not require any heat, but it really is happiest around 70-75F.
    I turn my heater on until the luber gets warm and the lube starts to flow well, then just turn it off and I'm good for atleast 1/2 hour or so, then add a little bit more heat if needed to keep going...

Thanks...that's what I needed to know.

Recently bought 10 sticks of BAC from White Label. It's the only lube I use for handgun and low velocity rifle bullets.

Boolit Mold
    Quickly received a recent order of Carnauba Red. With moderate heat it flows nicely through my Lube-A-Matic, and after a day is firm, slightly tacky, but not gooey, oily, or runny. It seems like it will stick in the grooves well and not crumble. Really like it so far.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JCM45 View Post
    Recently bought 10 sticks of BAC from White Label. It's the only lube I use for handgun and low velocity rifle bullets.
    I use BAC up into 1,800 fps in rifles with 29" barrels. I love it!

Dutch

No matter how good your lube is, you are still going to vaporize a good quantity of lead.
    Not really a problem outdoors, but for indoor ranges it could be.
    I found this out by screwing a suppressor on the end of my pistol.
    Not a speck of lead in the barrel, but who-boy! when it's time to clean the can.
    It is no wonder people have elevated lead levels, I would have never thought.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast