Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping outside the US. Seller Warning.

Boolit Buddy
    Great to know, but remember, you CAN ship any of this stuff to a FFL dealer that DOES make the practice of exporting. They, in return ship it to whoever is buying it. That process is legal for us to do. There are several companies that specialize in that. Just make sure you do it legal.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Whistler,
    Can you explain the factors that result in a locally produced item in Sweden having such an inflated cost compared to the same item that has to be shipped trans-Alantic before it can be markets at a much lower cost in the US. Do you have ad valorum taxes, excessive retail marketing costs or what that creates such difference between the actual cost to manufacture and the purchase price. The reason I ask I once worked as a value engineer. I can accurately estimate the cost to manufacture any product so it is easy to attack a company's selling cost when it is inflated with excessive markup.
    Not Whistler, but I have spent a bit of time in Sweden, married to a Swede.

Sweden = Taxes. They have a heavy tax which used to be called MOMS. Now, as an EU member it's called VAT (value added tax).

A product gets additional tax added every step up the manufacturing process. Ore to steel to rifle, tax added at each step.

Sweden has a wonderful system of health, education, pensions, etc., most of which are free, or close to it, for the recipients.

College is free! They also give each newborn child a quarterly stipend to the parents.

Guess how all these wonderful things get paid for? VAT, and heavy "sin" taxes. Gas, cigarettes, alcohol are all heavily taxed.

I remember at one time it was cheaper to buy a Volvo in the US than in Sweden, where they're produced. Still may be. Denmark has a 100% tax on imported automobiles, and I don't think they produce any there. Essentially, you buy one for you, you buy one for the gov't.

So when someone from Sweden is looking for something here, it's probably to try and beat the high domestic (tax) costs.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    Denmark has a 100% tax on imported automobiles, and I don't think they produce any there..
    Actually its 105% of the first $13800, and 180% of the rest, and to that total you add 25% VAT
    Beee Happy

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone know if it is legal to have brass shipped INTO the US?

Boolit Buddy
    I make it a rule of NEVER EVER shipping ANYTHING outside the US. Maybe I'm a coward, but I don't want to bother learning the laws of International Trade or involve myself with any of that ****. If you want to buy what I'm selling you'd better be in the US of A or you are out of luck. Just too many possible problems IMHO.
    yooper

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I make it a rule of NEVER EVER shipping ANYTHING outside the US. Maybe I'm a coward, but I don't want to bother learning the laws of International Trade or involve myself with any of that ****. If you want to buy what I'm selling you'd better be in the US of A or you are out of luck. Just too many possible problems IMHO.
    yooper
    It does not matter if you ship anything. If you are involved as a business and its listed in the ITAR guidelines and it is for profit you must pay the tax $2250.00. This includes every component involved in ammo and firearms. I have read else where that at one time there was a way to file for exemption but now there is no chance. I just spoke with DOD yesterday and confirmed what I was told.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Thankfully the many sellers I've bought from don't live in a selective world like some of you, have had many happy transactions from the USofA & made a lot of new friends as well.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

This is nothing against American people at all, I have many American friends and colleagues. The ITAR rules are an absolute joke when shipping to Canada. It is funny how an item which is totally made in Canada such as an Elcan scope and can be freely sold anywhere, as soon as it goes south of the Canadian border it then falls under ITAR rules and can never come back to Canada! Same goes for night vision equipment....impossible to import from the US but hey, they make it here in Canada, I just wish we could get the same prices as in the States. Us Canadians just shake our heads on some of this stuff and wonder who these law makers are trying to protect the USA from?

Boolit Buddy

Also for flat rate boxes if you go one the usps website and pay for the shipping there it will save you 10 percent on the shipping cost 58 cents alone on the sfrb
    --ISO ITEMS--
    Contender super 16 barrels

updated as of April 2023

My feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ight=Carbine86

Thanks for the warning.
    Nelson

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    Sweden has a wonderful system of health, education, pensions, etc., most of which are free, or close to it, for the recipients.

College is free! They also give each newborn child a quarterly stipend to the parents.

Guess how all these wonderful things get paid for".
    They steal the money from someone else in Sweden.

Nothing is free.

Someone should tell the feds to guard the borders and keep their nose out of my packages. Just don't put a return address on it and you're good .

That is all!
    John

Yes, the reasoning for these regulations is a joke. I live outside US too, and for example I could not buy scope rings for my Ruger SRH. After a long search, I found them then from other country. A German manufacturer for revolver speedloaders got a new customer of me, too. However, I still buy most of gun related stuff from US.

I very well understand that all this is tough anti-gun politics. Very effective. I am sure many small business would make significant intl. sales otherwise. How about US trade deficit. This regulation raises prices for us and makes harder to buy things, not to mention guns. Eventually they are banning more and more, little by little.

It sounds to me like if you learned to do it right, you could make a very good business out of it.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyman View Post
    Sure am glad you posted this warning!! Does this also apply to the Chinese, Iranians and other foreign nationals stealing our technology and nuclear secrets to produce their own weapons? I hope Hillary is checking into this and complaining to the UN about it!
    Too late, she is a civilian now....Hey, can we try her for treason yet?

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Bub
    I have some brass to sell and would like to sell it to the usa. is this possible without getting in trouble with the jokers at homeland security?

Boolit Buddy
    It is illegal to import brass or any other item on the US munitions import list unless you have a permit for that specific shipment.

About the only thing that is not on that list is tools such as dies or molds. Personally I no longer ship any items to Canada or any other country outside the US because shipping is slow and stuff gets stolen right and left. Naturally buyers blame the seller for shipping or customs delays and expect him to refund anything that doesn't make it through the mail/customs.
    Last edited by Avery Arms; 01-24-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Bub

Shipping outside the US. Seller Warning.

Not to criticize your country, USA but these new regulations has a negative impact on our rifle owners/gunsmiths in South Africa. It really is not possible to pursue our hobbies regarding rifle building with all the restrictions currently in place. To top it all our own currency is extremely weak so it really is just to expensive to buy from your country any more. Any future rifle building project is not forth coming . Maybe things will change after a few years from now, who knows...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Not to criticize your country, USA but these new regulations has a negative impact on our rifle owners/gunsmiths in South Africa. It really is not possible to pursue our hobbies regarding rifle building with all the restrictions currently in place. To top it all our own currency is extremely weak so it really is just to expensive to buy from your country any more. Any future rifle building project is not forth coming . Maybe things will change after a few years from now, who knows...
    You don't realize, that's exactly why our president and his toadies in the ATF have promulgated the stricter rules. Just another gun control technique. Just this time, it's against you. Tomorrow it's against us.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

20. 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Boolit Mold
    I just shipped 120 pcs of new 257 Weatherby brass to British Columbia. Went thru Customs without a problem. The postage on the box was $35, but the buyer picked it up. Chuck.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast