Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: New member, bought a couple of molds.

Boolit Man

New member, bought a couple of molds.

I've been thinking of taking up casting and the local indoor range had some used molds for $10.00 and $12.00 so I picked up three. A Lyman 45266 looks like a .45swc, an Ideal 311413 in a box still coated in grease looks like a .30 cal round nose, and a double cavity Lyman 311041AX looks like a .30 cal flat point. I can get lead from the indoor range at the club I belong to but I'll have to wait untill I get every thing else to cast any bullits.

Boolit Master

Nice scores on the moulds, Bill, and welcome to Valhalla. Lots of folks here to answer questions and otherwise show interest. The search function will be your friend, to find info on tuning up old moulds and such. Drop in often and tell us how it's going.

Mark

Boolit Man
    After passing up a case(5000) of Winchester LR primers for $45.00(no cash at the time) I decided I should go ahead and jump on these.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Another welcome to CB.. that 311041 is a classic 30-30 design that works quite well for other applications as well.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Put the molds in the trash and walk away. There is no good that can come from them. You might be better off buying ICE from a street dope dealer.
    Go look in the group buy area for more of an idea what
    awaits you if you keep the molds.

Boolit Man
    I'll have to have something to do with all my time and money when they pass the assalt weapons ban since most of it goes to NRA highpower service rifle competition right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Billairgun View Post
    I'll have to have something to do with all my time and money when they pass the assalt weapons ban since most of it goes to NRA highpower service rifle competition right now.
    Now atleast you wont need to sink as much into casting as High Power I was seriously thinking of not shooting HP this season due to just the price of bullets going so high . Hummmmmm If I could only make a good 80 gr cast boolit that would shoot moa@600 yds!!!!!!! Maybe I'll be shooting RC with my Swiss K31 as match rifle next year with cast?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

44woody

welcom

Billairgun welcom to the board you will find there is alot of good people with more know how than you will probably will ever use 44Woody

Welcome aboard Billairgun: Just keep your eyes and ears open and check in often you be a master caster in no time at all.

Boolit Master
    welcome bill, I just got one of those 31141 molds for use in a 30=30 contender. I hope I have as much OR more luck with mine as you do with yours!

Boolit Grand Master

Bill,

I'm still casting with a Coleman two burner camping stove, old 1qt steel kitchen pot, and old muffin tins as an ingot mold. You don't need fancy, except for a good ladel (RCBS, Lyman) and a good thermometer. Save your money for good molds and start scarfing up wheelweights!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Man
    I can't find anywhere around that will let me have wheelweights. Talked to the Presedent of one gun club who runs a motorcycle shop and he said they run over $20.00 each. I'm checking out turkey friers right now but holding off for garage sale season to see what turns up. I am looking at the Lee ingot mold and mabey a Lyman ladle.

Boolit Master

Smile

Billairgun .... you did pretty well with the molds you scored. You also did pretty well when you found this web site. Most of the folks here have lead in their veins and there is no cure. Shooting boolits that you make yourself will bring great pleasure to you if the great BOOLIT MONSTER gets its teeth into your hide. The folks here are very helpful with helping new people to our hobby. You can not ask a question that won't be answered with truth from experience. Every one of us started casting with our first boolit. Welcome to my world.
    Nighthunter

PS ... if you want WW you have to go to tire shops that have used WW. Nothing against the motorcycle shop guy but cars use a lot more WW and a lot more tires. You will be turned down a few times but you will eventually find a tire shop that is willing to part with the silver gold.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

You're done like dinner.

If it helps, just tell the wife that the moulds that keep coming in are "loaners" you've sent out to other guys on the board. At some point you'll learn when e-bay moulds must be shipped from East Nowhere to arrive on a day when your wife is not at home.

Boolit Man
    I just stoped at the range again this morning and got another 5 gallon bucket out of the backstop. It must weigh over 100lps, good thing I had a fold up dolly with me. Still had a heck of a time getting it in the car.