MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typewriter Pencil erasers?

Boolit Master

Typewriter Pencil erasers?

Hello, everyone. Here's an oldie..typewriter eraser pencils! Does anyone remember those things in this cyber age?..heck, I'm still using my manual portable Corona for everyday correspondence..but then I shoot black powder & make my own lubes too!
    Anyway, those are the best thing for cleaning up & rust removal of mould cavities..very very slighty abrasive..yet won't scratch..I can't seem to locate any..does anyone know if they are still available? The Cratex rubber mounted abrasive tools..used for die polishing, seem much coarser..even in their finest grades.

Try pencil pens. They have erasers under the metal cap on the rear.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

In Remebrance

Boolit Master

Well, if you follow that eBay link you will see how out there some sellers can be! There's one listing for 75 of the pencil type erasers (looks like a pencil, but has eraser material, not graphite in it) for a buy-it-now price of $75.00! Then there's a listing for 11 of the wheel type erasers for $10.00, and another listing for only 3 of the exact same erasers for $25.00! It really makes you wonder what these folks were smoking when they posted those items.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Quote Originally Posted by .22-10-45 View Post
    Hello, everyone. Here's an oldie..typewriter eraser pencils! Does anyone remember those things in this cyber age I'm still using my manual portable Corona
    How do you upload your messages????

Boolit Grand Master
    I've quit using those erasers with my computer, they're too rough on the screen. Now I just use Wite-out™ instead... bah dum bump!

Boolit Master

That's what a scanner and OCR software is for!
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    That's what a scanner and OCR software is for!
    Why would anyone want to listen to police and fire calls while working on their CORONA???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Why would anyone want to listen to police and fire calls while working on their CORONA???
    I have been known to hear police and fire calls when working on a corona.... or two.... or ten...... Hey, it happens.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by .22-10-45 View Post
    Hello, everyone. Here's an oldie..typewriter eraser pencils! Does anyone remember those things in this cyber age?..heck, I'm still using my manual portable Corona for everyday correspondence..but then I shoot black powder & make my own lubes too!
    Anyway, those are the best thing for cleaning up & rust removal of mould cavities..very very slighty abrasive..yet won't scratch..I can't seem to locate any..does anyone know if they are still available? The Cratex rubber mounted abrasive tools..used for die polishing, seem much coarser..even in their finest grades.

I ordered ten of them from the local office supply store......no, not Staples or Office Max.....the locally owned store down town, around the corner from the old court house, across the street from where the jail was till they tore it down. The one that's been in the same location since I was a kid.

It was the only place I found where anybody knew what I was talking about.

If you don't have any luck, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a couple.

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

I have purchased a modern replacement for these where you have a plastic shell and a replacable eraser. Only problem is I am not sure they come with the old whitish color typewriter eraser.

I checked on line and apparently a dollar a piece is cheap. Amazon they are selling for over 3 a piece.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=KYCaster;1594405].....the locally owned store down town, around the corner from the old court house, across the street from where the jail was till they tore it down. The one that's been in the same location since I was a kid.

That's funny-I've lived in this small town all my life, and that's the way I describe buildings in town.

Boolit Master

I have an eraser that is just like you're talking about.....I use it to............Clean out mold cavities...
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master

the locally owned store down town, around the corner from the old court house, across the street from where the jail was till they tore it down. The one that's been in the same location since I was a kid.
    No kiddin? I've got the same store in my town, been there forever and you can probably get a stone tablet and somebody to tell you how to keep your stone chisels sharp.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Buddy
    Are you talking about the kind that looks like a white tipped pencil, with a brush on the other end?

I remember the typewriter ones were pretty abrasive, had some grit in them(the wheel with the brush). Drafting eraser, the white vs the pink were better, pink is too soft. Actually I used to use the drafting eraser electric tool thingy, I suppose an electric drill would work well to clean nasties out of moulds.

KyCaster has it right, go to a local office supply place, not Office Depot. I used to use one that looked like a mechanical pencil with a long eraser instead of lead for cleaning electrical contacts, you can get the refills in either white for ink or pink for pencil. Faber Castell made the one I used. I bought a pack of "black pearl" erasers when I worked for the US Census back in 2010, that was/is the best eraser I've ever used, but I could only find them in an oval shape, but I have to agree it is a very comfortable eraser to use. http://www.officemax.com/office-supp...Fcqf7QodPW0EQw

Here is a retractable one like I was first talking about.

http://www.officemax.com/office-supp...oduct-ARS24770

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by KYCaster View Post
    I ordered ten of them from the local office supply store......no, not Staples or Office Max.....the locally owned store down town, around the corner from the old court house, across the street from where the jail was till they tore it down. The one that's been in the same location since I was a kid.

It was the only place I found where anybody knew what I was talking about.

If you don't have any luck, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a couple.

Jerry
    Just curious.....after seeing those ebay prices. What do they go for if you dont mind me asking?
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    No kiddin? I've got the same store in my town, been there forever and you can probably get a stone tablet and somebody to tell you how to keep your stone chisels sharp.

Yeah, that's the place I'm talkin' about!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill* View Post
    Just curious.....after seeing those ebay prices. What do they go for if you dont mind me asking?

It's been a few years ago so I don't recall exactly.....a bit over a buck each after they added shipping for a special order. Mine are the rectangular shapes with the wedge shaped ends....pink on one end white on the other.

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

Boolit Master
    Unfortunately I recently got rid of a few of those erasers that were made from fiberglass -- the more mistakes you made, the itchier you got, especially when using carbon to make copies. If I had only known that I could have gotten rich from them on EBay!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast