RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVA Mountain Rifle

Boolit Master

Maybe we could figure out a day to link up. It's easier to show you everything than write it down and I have real BP, which isn't easy to find most places. Any adjustable BP measure will work for you. As for screws, I'm not sure which ones you're talking about, but Dixie and Track of the Wolf are probably good places to start.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    Keep it! Had mine maybe 27 yrs., never will sell it. It's a shooter for sure and not bad with the Lee REAL boolit either, if you need more close-up umph. Made meat, won a few minor matches with it. Take care of it. Check out Dixie Fun Works for screws and everything else under the sun for muzzleloaders. Don't let nobody talk you out of it, you'll be kicking yourself like some of these fellers are. It'll take a bit to learn the ins and outs, but once you do it'll be surefire and deadly as hell. Great barrel, TWO wedges, and TWO triggers. See what you can get these days with all that. Especially good offhand gun IMHO.

Boolit Master

I have more muzzleloaders than I need. However after reading this thread it looks like I need to be on the look out for one of these. It IS Nice. You are off to a very good start. Shooting black is very addicting so watch out. This probably won't be your last one.

Boolit Master

I have to agree with smoked turkey, about the addiction of muzzleloaders and black powder. I still have the first black powder gun I ever bought over 20 years ago. It seems that every couple years I add another to the collection. A few I have sold, but I have never been without a muzzleloader of some sort. It also seems the older I get the more affinity I have for the older ways of doing things. Not that high speed, low drag, black guns don't have a purpose, but I get more enjoyment out of taking my time any more. Now that I don't hurry along I get to actually see more of the world.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master
    My first muzzleloader was a .45 Kentucky Rifle, some cheap brand. I traded it in '85 for a Treeing Walker bear hound pup. My wife had him fixed and turned him into a 70 lb. lap dog that liked cats.