MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: .45-70 finish reamer for rent?

Boolit Grand Master

.45-70 finish reamer for rent?

My friend has 3 .45-70's and one of them engraves the rifling in a loaded cartridge when the others don't. Would like to ream the oddball so all three shoot the same ammo.

Does anyone have a reamer for rent for this very minor project? I have done a few chambers by hand and all have been quite successful. Gun is an H&R single shot so it couldn't be any easier.

Thanks, 725

Boolit Master
    Try these guys. The H&Rs have a very short throat. I bought a neck and throat reamer and opened mine up a bit; worked great.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Cognitive Dissident

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    My friend has 3 .45-70's and one of them engraves the rifling in a loaded cartridge when the others don't. Would like to ream the oddball so all three shoot the same ammo.

Does anyone have a reamer for rent for this very minor project? I have done a few chambers by hand and all have been quite successful. Gun is an H&R single shot so it couldn't be any easier.

Thanks, 725
    I have one I will Loan you.
    I got it from Larry Gibson, ask him about it.
    I did my Hiwall because it did not work well with paper patched bullets and it worked perfectly.
    I loaned it to two other people here but shortly thereafter lost my internet so I am not sure how well their rifles shot after using it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Longwood,
    That is very kind of you to offer the loan of the reamer. I'll treat it properly and return it promptly.

PM inbound. Thanks.

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Longwood,
    That is very kind of you to offer the loan of the reamer. I'll treat it properly and return it promptly.

PM inbound. Thanks.

Did you ask Larry Gibson if it is the right one.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sent a PM a few minutes ago. I'll get ahold of you when he respondes.