Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: yet another Star Luber-Sizer question. :)

Boolit Buddy

yet another Star Luber-Sizer question. :)

Ok, it's like Christmas here because my sizer just arrived. Seems pretty straightforward but I had one question . . . .how do most people get their last bullet out of the die? I'd guess I could take a smaller diameter bullet and use it to "push" the larger one out but I'd think there's a better solution?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Have a good one,
    Dave

Boolit Buddy
    I just leave it in. why take it out? It also plugs up the holes so lube doesn't continue to flow out as I use a heater and air pressue device.

Banned

like johnho said leave it in. IF your really worried about it use a smaller bullet to push it out

Boolit Buddy
    Yup, stupid Noobie question/mistake. Finished lubing my first few 'reject' boolits to get a feel for it and then popped the die out . . . .and the lube just started coming out.

Note to self: Last bullet is a cork.

Boolit Master

You have to take it out when you change the die, usually. There is a tool for that. You buy the Star used?

there's a small rod that's threaded on one end. it threads into the top punch piece of the die removal tool, then it just pushes it out. after that you remove the short threaded rod and thread the longer one up through the bottom with the die removal tool and push the sizer handle up. (Make sure you losen the set screw if it's an older Star, the new Magma Star's don't have the set screw) then take out the die. It's a prtetty simple process with the tool.
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Boolit Buddy
    I bought it from Magma. I had a good time lubing some of my rejects last night to get a feel for how it works. Seems pretty simple. The trickiest bit appears to be lining up the lube holes with the lube grooves but they seem to be coming out "pretty" now so I think I've got it figured out. Now I just need to stain/poly the "strong mount" I made to mount it too.

It feels good to be almost ready to shoot my first boolits.

Have a good one,
    Dave