Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: High Standard HD Military Schematic

Boolit Man

High Standard HD Military Schematic

I am searching for a schematic drawing for a High Standard HD Military 22 pistol and have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Numrich sells downloadable PDFs. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Schematics.aspx
    I looked at their listings for High Standard, but I don't know enough about your pistol to figure out if it's listed.
    Good luck,
    Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the listing. I think that may be a component drawing though but I think I will buy it anyway since they have some other parts I want too.

Boolit Master

Here ya go - Save it to yer favorites:

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/h...116D1200HP.pdf

I found it, when I got my HD-Military.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    pietro, That is a good parts link. Has anyone else had a problem with light firing pin strikes, misfires on an HD Military?

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the link but I don"t think a schematic or exploded drawing exists for that gun. I have the component drawings shown in the link and they came with the gun but they lack detail of parts fitment that I desire. The HB gun has a schematic but so far I cannot find one for the HD. Very similar guns though.

Boolit Mold

light firing pin strikes

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    pietro, That is a good parts link. Has anyone else had a problem with light firing pin strikes, misfires on an HD Military?
    Cheap ammo or weak recoil spring or both. New springs are available but it seems you need to cut them down to length,go by the number of turns on your spring, not the measured length.My HD was made in '47 aqccording to serial no. and was pretty neglected when I came by it. After cocking and releasing the slide I found I could pull the slide back about 1/4 " with little effort so I took it apart and found the spring had a slight kink 1/3 of the length, enough to cycle a round in the chamber and set the slide but just loose enough to inhibit full strike from the pin.Found this a common problem when the slide is removed and then reset improperly.Easy enought to R&R if you download the manual.I've heard you can run a little longer on the spring length when you cut down the replacement to get a stiffer action but I'm not going to chance it based on the age of mine. I ordered a two pack just in case though. Awsome pistol with the long barrel, got it to resell but cant bring myself to part with it. Wolff Gunsprings is where I found them but dont have yet, will let you know how it works out

Boolit Mold

HD Manual

Quote Originally Posted by harvester View Post
    I am searching for a schematic drawing for a High Standard HD Military 22 pistol and have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    Found a grip of manuals @www.histandard.info/manuals you just have to navigate the site links a little but you will find it. Mine was mfg in 47,its the HD Military w/long barrel and I found a couple of different ones that were applicable. Some of the graphics are a tad weak but sooo happy to find what I did.Good luck and good shooting.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by harvester View Post
    I have a High Standard Model 6B no one I ask recognizes it. It is a 22 pistol I'm told it was military issue can you help?

Boolit Mold
    I was wrong it is a Model GB High Standard pistol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by messenger305 View Post
    I was wrong it is a Model GB High Standard pistol
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact.../G-B-35010.htm