WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .35 Remington

Boolit Mold
    You could also slug with soft egg sinkers. Just find some a little bigger than bore.

Boolit Master

.35 Rem accuracy loads

Lefty -

Howdy !

I went to use of Lee " Collet NS Die " , and extra mandrels.

All my .35 Rem brass ( both already fired, and new ) fit my M-336 XLR's chamber
    w/o having to do ANY FL sizing. My .35 Rem accuracy loads for the same rifle are " reduced loads ", so I don't think I'll have ot do any FL sizing of my .35 Rem brass; any time soon. I just neck size my brass.

My "J"- word .35 Rem loads liked neck tension produced by mandrel sanded-down
    .003" under factory spec.

Haven't shot 'em yet, but my .35 Rem loads w/ swaged .357" cal 195SPBTs seemd to feel right w/ neck tension produced by mandrel .004" under factory spec. Upcoming range cession will tell. Film @ 11:00....

For bullet seating, it's hard to go wrong w/ a Hornady "Custom Grade New Dimension " bullet seater. These are of the "universal" seater design, where case/calibre switch is accomplished by change-out of case-specific sleelves.

Also, for just a few bucks; Hornady will custom-match their seater plug(s) to the type & manufacture bullet you ask them to.

The above worked well for me ( Marlin M-336 XLR ).

With regards,
    357Mag

Boolit Master
    I'm finally getting around to loading for my .35 Remmy Marlin. Haven't been able to put done my handcannons.
    Load data doesn't seem too plentiful for my components. I have RCBS 200gr FN boolits and IMP3031 powder. Can I safely start with jacketed data and work up til I find something accurate in my rifle?
    Should I use the LEE factory crimp die or the seating/crimping die that seems to roll crimp for the cast boolit?
    Hoping to get some good range time while I'm off for the rest of the week.

Boolit Grand Master
    That's what I did, and it worked out fine in my 336. I use my standard RCBS dies for seating/crimping.

I normally use Blue Dot for reduced loads, but when I want full or near full power, I use 35.5 grs. of IMR 4064. That gives an average velocity of 1883 fps.

14 grs. of Blue Dot averages 1628 fps.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master
    Actually I have some 4064 but I specifically bought 3031 (highly recommended) for my .35, just dont know what charge range to load.
    I keep 4064 in mind as a reserve, thanks 454PB.

Boolit Master
    Whats the recommended OAL of a loaded round? I have found Accurates data say 2.410" OAL and that puts the case mouth in the crimp groove? Is this the correct way of seating the RCBS 200FN boolit? The dummy round I made chambered just fine at 2.410" OAL and it is roll crimped.
    Or should I seat them longer and use the LEE factory crimp die (collet crimping die)?

If you can seat it and crimp in the groove, you're golden. The 35-200-fn was designed to fit that way in the .35 Remington. You will probably not be able to seat it out further anyway since most 336's have a short throat. Some are so short that some people have to trim the brass slightly shorter to chamber the RCBS boolit. In you're case, count yourself lucky and go shoot them! In any case you will not gain anything by seating them longer.

Boolit Master
    Great, I'll get to loading them NOW so I can shooost them tomorrow! Thanks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzLeeBear View Post
    If you can seat it and crimp in the groove, you're golden. The 35-200-fn was designed to fit that way in the .35 Remington. You will probably not be able to seat it out further anyway since most 336's have a short throat. Some are so short that some people have to trim the brass slightly shorter to chamber the RCBS boolit. In you're case, count yourself lucky and go shoot them! In any case you will not gain anything by seating them longer.
    Upon further inspection of the dummy round I see tiny marks from the rifling when chambering. They mark the front edge of the forward driving band just so slightly. This is on a 1.910" case, guess I'll try 1.905".
    They still chamber though....

Banned

If they chamber with normal closing force on the lever in one smooth stroke, my advice is to leave them alone at 1.910".

Gear

Boolit Bub

hey Lefty,

I load that RCBS 200FN for my TC Contender with 3031 also, 34 grains I believe. Deadly accurate out of the 14 inch barrel. With iron sights of the bags I shoot 1.5" at 50 all day long! And the thump at the berm is pretty cool too.

Great round, way under-rated.

Bill

Boolit Master
    WOW, I was amazed at the groupings first time out. Its been a while since I been behind a rifle on the bench. I had a hard time getting comfortable and I couldn't slow down my heart. But then again it being high 90's today didn't help matters.

Looks like I have a choice. Charges of 3031of 34.5gr, 35.0gr and 35.5gr all look very tight. I never touched the scope from when I zeroed it with LeverEvolutions about 18 months ago. They all hit point of aim! Unfortunately I could test them at 100yd. That bay was full but I did get to see which ones that need to be loaded again in a great quantity and try them at 100yds on another day.
    I think I need to trim the brass a little more, some of them needed a little more force to close than I really like.
    All in all these loads were funt o shoot and showed a lot of potential. I only shot about 30 rounds but the bore is lead free and quite shiney actually. Should I even try sizing the next batch to .359"? The first 30 rounds were .358".
    Thanks for everyones help, time to buy another mold!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123