Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Cell Phones

Boolit Master

I Hate Cell Phones

I do hate to see folks running around with a cell phone in their ear. They're good for emergencies but things are getting ridiculous.

MY SD was over washing one Saturday and my wife made her put on a pair of seat pants and wash her jeans. We heard something and here the washer's going and the ringer on the cell is going off in the washer. She panicked. Cracked me up. The wife had to make me quit laughing.

Last summer, the wife was riding on the tractor with me and had her cell and I didn't even know she had it. Got down by the river and she missed it. I had to go to the house and repeatedly call and she walked the route until she heard it. I'd missed it with the tractor but the trailer had pressed it under 2" of mud in a mudhole.

Sure glad I'm not adddicted to those things./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

+1 on the hate cell phones. I do not nor ever will own one. I have been run off the highway 4 times by a$$ holes on a cell phone and darn near t-boned a gal who run a stop sign gabbing on the phone instead of paying attention. HANG UP AND DRIVE !!!
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm with ya.

I have a cell phone, but I only turn it on when I want to use it. All my family and friends ask why I don't have it turned on all the time, I tell them I bought it for ME to use.

It's a wonderful emergency tool, but it seems most people walk around in their own little world, tethered to a phone. What is so important?
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

I have one but my wife is the only one who has the number. OK, maybe I gave the number to my kids school to use in emergencies, can't remember for sure. But that's it.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Friends are always telling me I need a cell phone so they can get in touch when they need help. I tell them if me having a cell phone is so important to them, go get me a phone.
    End of discussion.

Was sitting on the bench in front of the library earlier today, woman driving down the street, cell phone in one hand, cigarette lighter in the other lighting a cigarette.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Grand Master

Smile I have one

Only reason I have one, is one day I was late for an appointment.
    Drove around looking for a pay phone for what seemed like forever.
    I wouldn't mind them if they could be blocked in vehicles and buildings.
    Other than drivers, the worse is when your in a theater or resturant, and someone is yacking on their phone.
    There is the technology to do it.

Funny story.
    I was on a jury with a lady who was always on her phone.
    In the box, during the trial, her phone rang.
    She answered it.
    Judge ordered her to hang it up "NOW"
    She put up her hand and told the judge "just a mimute"
    We had a recesses for about an hour.
    When we got back, you could tell she was crying.
    I wanted to laugh, but didn't want to get in trouble.

Boolit Grand Master
    As much as I don't like to see anybody talking on a cell phone while driving, seeing them texting is worse.

I have a pay as you go phone for emergencies. If my old truck breaks down I can call my buddy to come get me with a trailer.

Robert

In Remembrance
    I thought it was some kind of law that you had to have one if you were five years old or older. lol

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I was on a jury with a lady who was always on her phone.
    ?

I was called for jury duty and they wouldn't let anyone for jury duty even enter the courthouse carrying any kind of electronic device. I was planning on taking in my e-book while we were going through all the preliminaries, sit around and wait for hours until you get picked or not, and was told to take it back to my car and leave it.

Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Grand Master
    people take it to the limit for sure
    just another tracking device
    whats next gps units in cars ??
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

454pb, +1!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    whats next gps units in cars ??

Already here..........GM Onstar.

They know where the car is 24/7. If it's stolen they can tell the police where to find it. If the police are looking for you they can tell them where to find your car. They can shut it off and lock you in it....or out of it.

This is kind of interesting.....copied from Wikipedia:
    "In 2011 OnStar did announce that it would start retaining all the information collected by the GPS and internal system, so that it could be sold to third parties."

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

I have to carry one for work and it is a pain. I use it only for work 99%+ of the time. At times it allows me to get a lot of work done but sometimes it really hinders progress.
    jmsj

Boolit Master
    Nothing in the world wrong with cell phones. How ever some of the people who own cell phones have problems. Can't blame cell phones any more than you can blame the gun for the crime. Dennis

Kind of odd for my age but I have never had one and don't plan on getting one. Tho I will admitt that I do pay for one but that is to keep the wife happy. There have been times when one would have been convenient but not necessary.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master

Couldn't do what I do without one. I have an iPhone and its really a computer, voice recorder, GPS, cell phone, calendar, note pad, programmable calculator...... you get the picture.

And I don't use any of those things while I'm driving, whether they are on my phone or not. Do you clean your gun while you're driving?

Boolit Master
    For my job I am required to have a cell phone with me 24/7. It sucks being tied to it.

It's cheaper for both my parents to have a cell phone on my plan than to have a land line at their house.

Moderator Emeritus

No cell phone...No need for one.
    Maybe someday, if I need one, then I'll get one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Before i retired, I had to carry a work phone 24-7 as a hostage negotiator but wasnt allowed to carry my personal phone while on duty. I felt silly carrying two phones off duty. Handing them back their phone felt pretty darned good! Frank

Boolit Master
    I love, love, love my android. It does everything! I swear, I could even have this thing make me a cup of coffee in the morning if I was so inclined.