MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: DEADBEAT - jlmomaha

Boolit Master

DEADBEAT - jlmomaha

WARNING DEADBEAT "JLMOMAHA (A.K.A. JERRY MECKNA, 4327 "J" ST, OMAHA, NEBRASKA 68107)

He had lead for sale 50# for $65 shipped back on about 12-10-11. I sent him a check for $65 that was cashed on 12-20-11. NO LEAD was received. PM'S said he had some problems as the lead package WAS LIGHT IN WEIGHT and he was going to redue the packaging and add extra to make up for lightness. NO LEAD CAME period. Within PM'S he seems to have developed an ATTITUDE towards me QUESTIONING HIM IN THE FORUM AND IN PM'S TO HIM. He then decided he was going to just RETURN MY FUNDS AND BE DONE WITH IT. My check was never in the mail though.

More PM'S but no communications returned and NO RETURN OF MY FUNDS AS OF YET 02-02-12. It's Groundhog Day and it really is the same, NO RETURN OF FUNDS OR LEAD SENT.

I have since been contacted by another forum member who purchased two (2) units of lead for $130 shipped, He did receive ONE LIGHT PACKAGE of about 48 pounds I believe, he has tried and has had NO SATISFACTION trying to get the rest of his order or refund. I'm sure he will be commenting here also.

NOTE! A forum member John-n-va FROM VIRGINIA has a post in this thread HE IS NOT THE MEMBER WE'RE SPEAKING OF.
    Last edited by Moonman; 02-02-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: info

In Remembrance
    I guess I'm unwilling victim #2 concerning this deal, correspondence as follows.
    12/20/11
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmomaha
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA
    I sent out a letter with a MO on Monday last week and I would like to know if you received it?...Matt

I wonder sometimes when folk don't get back with me on that. I start to wonder if I should go thru the procedures with the Post Office to track the MO.
    Sorry got side tracked with my wedding on sat it put me a lil behind I believe you mo came in satday, itll be getting shipped out tomorrow, feel free to call me. Again I am sorry for the hold up.
    So here I am thinking all is OK and getting ready to get the lead so I can progress with what I had intended to do with it. This next one I received from him on 1/1/12

I would very much like an answer to the first request as too when my package was sent.
    sorry it took so long, its on its way. It seems my scale is way off, I got 102lbs but post office said 94 so I had to bring it back home and add more, bad part is, I had 3 orders that weighd light so I had to bring em all home and add lead.
    Again I'm under the impression that both of the boxes of lead are being sent and again I was disappointed as only 1 arrived and I sent him another PM as follows.

Well I received 1 box so far and I hope that box #2 will arrive tomorrow. I hope box #2 weighs more as well this one as it sits weighs only 48lbs. And that's with there label on it.
    Yes sir the 2nd one is coming and will put you a lil over the 100lb mark
    So here I am wondering why if he had sent 2 boxes I only received 1 so I sent yet another PM as follows on 1/23/12

When are you planning on sending the other half of my order?
    Still I haven't heard back although he (someone) was on the 13th of Jan and again on the 19th this guy doesn't get in touch with me I have to get in touch with him, something is terribly wrong here.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Buddy
    When I fond that I have been scammed or cheated by a false transaction, my remedy has been to send all of the info to my State Attorney General's Fraud Division. This has worked every time.
    DrBill33

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

would one of you please post his bona fides so we know who he is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    would one of you please post his bona fides so we know who he is?
    Dean, it is all in the subject title.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post

Looks like he's gone in the wind. Last activity here was Jan 19. BUT, he seems to be building quite the super bike - I'm guessing with funds from his lead drive.
    http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/dra...ous-turbo.html

Banned
    hahaha im apart of that forum form back in my need speed days then i hit a car got a wife and sold the R1 and CBR lol to buy more guns lol

if i rember my pass i will login and make some post

Longwood
    Don't be so quick to condemn him.
    There are many things that could have happened.
    I recently had a unfortunate mishap involving ligtning.
    It took me quite a while to get back online.

Banned
    o im just say i look in to it see if he for got got side track in the shop on the bike or what not or see if he has even been on ther im not even sher my acount still ther its been a long time but i do have frends ther too i need to say hi

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Thanks Ric. Missed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    Well, I don't think his computer is broken- If you want to get hold of him, he was on kawiforums yesterday...

http://www.kawiforums.com/member.php?u=56382
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill33 View Post
    When I fond that I have been scammed or cheated by a false transaction, my remedy has been to send all of the info to my State Attorney General's Fraud Division. This has worked every time.
    DrBill33
    DrBill33,
    I took your advise and did it all through the net, now I guess all I have to do is wait some more.

Moonman you may want to consider doing the same if you haven't already
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

In Remembrance
    Well this is a shocker, just got back from getting the mail and I got a letter from the Office Of The Attorney General Public Advocacy And Civil Rights Division. I got a copy of a hand written short letter as follows:

I will be mailing out payment on March 3rd for $67 and signed Jerry Meckna

Well just thought I would keep this thread up to date, now I'll wait and see what happens next.

I'm wondering with this guys track record if he does send the check if it will bounce enough to play basketball with.

Annealing Services

Lets hope this brings him to his senses and this gets resolved for you.

Longone

In Remembrance
    OK another update on this, I got a letter with a confirmation sticker on it from someone in Jerry's family. In it was a Money Gram along with a hand written note stating he was having medical issues and apparently having a hard time with it. I wont get into particulars about the letter but I did get a Money Gram for the difference in lead that I never received.

Annealing Services

Boolit Master

I too received a Moneygram and a note like GRUMPA for the amount I was owed. It was from a family member also as was GRUMPA'S.

Amazing what a letter or phone call from the AG will do.

Congrats guys on being compensated for your shortages!!

Wes
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
    SASS 17373
    Proud Dad of a USAF Airman