Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fun shoot target ideas

Boolit Master
    My wife got me a few hundred used golf balls. I run a 1" self tapping screw into them, then hang them by a string at 200 yards. Usually have to paint them orange. I usually use a .223 which goes right thru. Sometimes they'll take a chunk out but usually it doesn't even leave a hole, just a smudge where the bullet goes in and out. FMJ's. Gets them swinging pretty good though. lots of fun.

Moderator Emeritus

Waksupi and I saw a challenging set up at the Libby Rendezvous; A 2X4 with holes drilled along the edge, golf tee's stuck in the holes and peanut M & M's placed on top of the golf tee. Not many M & M's missing before or AFTER we went thru LOL.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean D. View Post
    Waksupi and I saw a challenging set up at the Libby Rendezvous; A 2X4 with holes drilled along the edge, golf tee's stuck in the holes and peanut M & M's placed on top of the golf tee. Not many M & M's missing before or AFTER we went thru LOL.
    Whuddaya mean? I'm SURE I hit mine!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Take some copyer paper, staple to target frame, spread honey or jelly on target. Honey for bees jelly for flys. Bring out the rifles,You thunk up the game so you make the rules. With the right buds it be a hoot,,,,,

Banned
    Tannerite.

Nothing else is needed.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Quote Originally Posted by Storydude View Post
    Tannerite.

Nothing else is needed.

I was an "innocent witness" to just such an incident back in August.

All I can say is set it out there about 100 yards and wear double hearing protection.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch4122 View Post

I was an "innocent witness" Ya...Right to just such an incident back in August.

All I can say is set it out there about 100 yards and wear double hearing protection.
    It wasn't that loud............... Almost fun as Bruce screaming over Mike's hot barrel exercise.

Banned
    Tannerite makes grown men giggle like schoolgirls.

Boolit Buddy
    Staple fast food ketchup and mustard packets to a piece of cardboard for splattery rimfire fun!

My pal taped a couple bottles of tannerite together and then to a galon of gasoline. We put it in an old outhouse on my bosses property. He was having bible study so we got everybody outside to watch. I shot it through the door. WOW!! The OH blew to smitherines in a large fireball. We had to run put out the fire it started in the woods! The spectators were awed to say the least!! I giggled like a school girl. Amazing what Tannerite does to a 76 Chevelle when a pint is shut in the doorframe and shot. After we launched the trunk lid over our heads..... Good thing I always wear safety glasses!
    Funnest targets I have shot are marshmallows floating down a straem. We burned up massive amounts of .22 ammo doing this and my offhand shooting improved tenfold.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy

Old cans of spray paint that seem to collect in the garage make for great fun on the range, especially on a snowy day!

Clay pigeons at 100 yards with the rifles until the pieces all disappear can keep me entertained for hours.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

DIME STORE SUCKERS... Drill some holes in a 2x4 for the handles to set in and shoot away . You can use any caliber at any distance you choose.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    For our Military rifle matches I have used bowling pins at 50 m& 100 yards. Ther 50 yarders are reasonably easy. At 100 it gets real interesting. I have 10 pins at each distance and 2 minutes to do the job. Least time with the least rounds. Shoot the iron sights against the iron sights.
    Then if there is enough willing we devide into squads and repeat as a squad of 2 or 3.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

I'm think'in mother in law... Hee Hee!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123