Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magma

Magma

Does Magma really not have a way to order their products online? I would have bought and paid for a Star sizer already if they had. If I Have to wait until their business hours to call them up to order, It will be next Friday before I can. Oh well.

You are correct. I had to call them before I went to work.

Magma is a very small company, made up of machinists. They probably have a website simply because they were forced into it by the computer age.

They're nice people, so give them a chance.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Bub
    magma people are the best to deal with i bought a master caster and a star and am very happy with both

I have no doubt they are good people to deal with. It just struck me as odd that they wouldn't have online ordering. Come to think of it, niether does the company I work for. They redirect people to dealers and tell potential dealers to call and discuss it.

I will more than likely call them during my lunch break.

Boolit Master

Even if they did I'm sure the older lady who is going to answer the phone wouldn't process your order 'till she got to work Monday morning anyway. I visited their place during Thanksgiving as we were visiting family in the area and they were very helpful to me and gave me some wiring diagrams that helped me rewire my Magma lead pot from 110 to 220. Probably doesn't work any better but made me feel better about it. Lots of cool equipment in the place. They are like me, I prefer to talk to most customers in person as there are options that they need to ask about.

Talking to Mary on the phone is all part of Magma purchasing experience!

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post

Good times!
    And a fine experience it is.

Boolit Master

I'm awaiting a Star Lube-Sizer from her and I'm going to order a Master Caster very soon.

She's Very Pleasant on the phone.

I just placed the order for my Star sizer. Took all of 2 minutes. She said it would be two weeks. Cool. But now I am going to be too anxious to want to wait.

She was very nice.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    She's Very Pleasant on the phone.
    Also the folks in the shop are great to speak with. My Magma pot with the PID stopped turning on a year or so ago, I called and spoke to one of the guys in the shop. He asked if I had a multi-meter, said I did. He explained a couple of simple tests which I did and it turned out to be the toggle switch. I called them back and told them what I found, he said he would have a switch in the mail that afternoon. I declined his offer, told him I could run to the hardware store and get a switch cheaper than what it would cost them to mail one.

Total time the pot was down, about two hours. The guy on the phone said that was the first time he knew of the switch failing and sounded quite happy that the pot was back in service. This could have been a real hassle if I needed to ship back a full 40 pound pot (can't empty it if it doesn't turn on & heat up) but the shop was eager to help out.

Yep, great folks indeed. Online ordering? I dunno, wouldn't seem like Magma without a nice chat on the phone.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

I have called Magma several times between 10AM-2PM my time (CST) and have always received a quick and friendly response. They have told me several things to save money, rather than ordering from them. Far as I am concerned, good company.

I call Magma back 2 days later and Mary remembered who I was and what I ordered immediately. I decided to add the air cylinder kit. Cool.

Boolit Master
    I much prefer talking to a person than doing online ordereing anyday. Plus, Magma has answers!

Boolit Master

I have always had good experiences and helpful information from Magma. I just ordered a mold from them, and it arrived at my door in 2 days! -- No complaints here.
    Jon

Keep in mind, Magma is very small company, all hands on. I bought a Master Caster, and was struggling a little, I called, the majority or full owner, I dont know took the call, He imediately assured me using a Master Caster should not be a chore. Over the phone he figured out the problem gave em instrucitons to correct. has been flawless since,,,,,,,that kind of service within in thier time zone is very much appreciated. I think we will find nearly all the manufacturers of our hobby's tools and equipment attend to customer service with similar dedication.
    Cast Round, Shoot Straight
    Take someone shooting

Boolit Buddy

First time I talked to Mary, she said "I'll get you trained right yet." Ordered a set of 8 molds today. She must have gotten me trained.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post

Good times!
    When I order my Star, it was 2AM here and it was around past 8AM at Magma's and the lady who answered my call was Mary. Very nice conversation even though my english accent was not very english, lol! 45 days later I got it.

I got my star sizer.luber with air cylinder today. I took one look at the small box and checked the shipping label to see if it was box 1 of 2. But no, it contained everything I ordered. I was expecting a larger machine. Glad it isn't very large though. Only problem is, is that I won't have a chance to set it up for a couple of days. I am pleased.

A small hint would be to smear some grease on the die body before pushing it into the sizer. This way you won' t roll the O-ring out of it's grove. Suppose Vaseline would also work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast