MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 94/22

In Remembrance
    I have an uncle that bought the magnum when it first came out. It was a sweet shootin gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Money doesn't always mean so much. I bought a pair of 9422Ms around 1985 for $250 each with presentation grade flat out GORGEOUS wood. Must have been a mistake at the factory, but I had to look through close to 30 rifles to find them at the gun store where I worked. I traded one later for a gold nugget and the 2nd one I gave to my dad, figuring I'd see it again when he died. Well, when he died, no one knew what happend to that rifle - was never seen again and had the best wood I'ver ever seen on a 22 rifle.

So...now you have one, and I, who had two, don't. (
    In these parts, often one's very life may depend on a mere scrap of information.

Shot it yesterday for the first time, it's a keeper.
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Bought a Winchester 94/22 yesterday. Looks like new 22 in. barrel never seen one with that barrel length before. Wasn't looking for a new gun but it sure is pertty. $700 how bad did I do.
    You did good Boolit-Master.I have one that`s made in 1981 with thousends of boolits through it and it`s still going strong.Fun to shoot,good looking and one inch accuracy 50 yds.What more could you ask for.I `m in love with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Here it is. What exactly do I have here?
    Thanks for the replies

That is a Model 9422 Legacy - which became the standard 9422 after the discontinuation of the XTR's etc.

The change occurred when Winchester was desparately trying to reduce their production costs to hold the price down; so the metal polish prior to bluing is not as thorough/high as earlier, the stock wood was cut at a diametrically opposed angle (compared to earlier Standards) to show some "grain", and was the first (only ? ) 9422 to be issued with a rubber bumper ILO a hard buttplate.

Mecanically, however, all 9422's are the same - the only differences over the years/models being fit/finish.

Last edited by pietro; 03-16-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    That is a very pretty rifle. I paid $312 for a new 94/22M back probably 20-25 yrs. ago. The best shooting .22 rimfire I own. Very accurate, slick functioning rifle. I wish I had bought a .22lr to go with it.

The prices of guns are getting scarey. You have a fine rifle.

Thanks
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

Boolit Grand Master
    Those 94/22s just ROCK.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    The 94/22 is one of the finest .22's made....All steel and walnut. Aguila Super Colibri is great fun out of the lever action.

Boolit Buddy
    A local GS was closing up here about 20 years ago. They had a 94/22 lr and a 94/22 mag at really great closeout prices. I grabbed the lr and my brother took the mag. The actions are smooth as silk and they shoot like bolt action target rifles! Truely outstanding guns. I haven't had mine out in years. I guess I should fix that.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller

Boolit Master
    Mine isn't a Winchester, it's a Marlin 39D ( D as in Dawg) a shorter thin barrel pistol grip model 39 Marlin made for a couple of years. I understand the value is going up, but it ain't for sale. Enjoy that lovely young thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12