Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: 7 Hunter and Accuracy

7 Hunter and Accuracy

I know the 7 Hunter with it's large melplat is good for hunting, I'm interested in the accuracy size groups users are getting at 100 Yds and beyond .
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master
    I have just started testing it (50 yards so far) But accuracy seems good. My 7mm Rem Mag seems to like milder loads.
    Its 0 or below so my outside activities are limited.
    Kevin

I use it with 19,3 grains of Vihtavuory N120 with filler and 15,5 grains on VV N110 in my Stevens 200 and the groups stay beyond the M.O.A @ 100 meters. I've got better accuracy with the lee soup can but this mold isn't as regular as the NOE. With this mold I don't have to weight the boolits (0,2 grs between the 4 cavities).
    Good shootings.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    I know the 7 Hunter with it's large melplat is good for hunting, I'm interested in the accuracy size groups users are getting at 100 Yds and beyond .
    Hi Wayne,
    I have just loaded 200 rounds of this boolit in 7MMBR for a shoot the third Saturday this month. I will shoot some 100 & 200 metre groups and report back. I will be shooting them in both the XP and the F.A. with open sights. I will take my scope and shoot a few paper tagets after the metal ones are all down. It won't be a perfect pistol-rest / sand-bag trial for the ultimate group size but a "real-world" creedmore group. I may have some RCBS 145gr loads for a side by side comparison.
    I too would like to see what these are capable of out of a really good rig. Peter.

Boolit Bub
    I have a rack beaten but pristine bore Chilean 7X57 Mauser. With a Hornandy gas check, my lube, 10gr. Unique and issued sights I can pretty consistantly shoot it at or under 3" at 100 yds. offhand. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture of a target shot yesterday in South Central Pa. I can't ask for better than that. It's about 4" high of center at the lowest sight setting, but this puts it pretty close to zero at 200yds. At least it sounds that way on the gong!

I shoot in the N-SSA which is all off hand shooting and have never been comfortable at the bench, but I'd be willing to give this one a try just to see what it could do if it was anchored! It shoots nearly as well out of an '05 Rolling block but I don't shoot that as much as it's a real case stretcher.

Even though this load is as common as dirt, it is one of those "near magical" loads that you happen upon once in a while. I was almost disappointed that I didn't have to tinker with sizing, powder, etc. I just don't think I can improve on it. I do use just a tuft of dacron pillow fluff over the powder to hold it near the primer.

I shoot single-shot mostly. Stevens tip ups, rolling blocks, Werndl, Whitney Phoenix, etc. so a bolt gun is "unique" as far as I'm concerned, but this one is a keeper..with this bullet!

Regards,
    Timbo