Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sad news today

Boolit Master

Unhappy sad news today

my son called and said he would be going to Afganistan in feb. he,s got a little one that just 10 mo. old. i know he most likely wants to go do his duty. but ill still worry about him. tried to tell him all i could about being in a war but its never enough. thinks for letting me vent some

Boolit Master

My Son-in-law is there now. To say his wife, my daughter, is always worried is an understatement.

There are a lot of brave young men doing their duty as they see it. I am proud of them all.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    My Son-in-law is there now. To say his wife, my daughter, is always worried is an understatement.

There are a lot of brave young men doing their duty as they see it. I am proud of them all.
    very proud

Boolit Master

I am proud of them also, but it's a shame that their sacrifice will be for nothing.

Larry

Be assured that their commitment to country and personal sacrifices do not go unnoticed. I too am proud and pray for all of our service men and woman.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    I am proud of them also, but it's a shame that their sacrifice will be for nothing.

Larry
    How do you figure?

I took my brother to the airport last thursday. After a couple of weeks training in the states he will head to Afganistan. He's working through the State Dept. as medical personal, non combatant(until you have to). He recently came back from South Sudan after a year there. I asked him if he had a death wish, he said "No, the money's good.". I do worry some but he's been all over the world doing all sorts of things plus 20 years in the Army. Me... I like staying here.
    Here's hoping your son stays safe and comes home before you know it.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post

Larry
    I don't know where you are coming from Sir, but the man is sending his son to war. Sacrifice for nothing??? Who the hell do you think you are to sit in your ivory tower and proclaim the sacrifice for nothing?

If nothing else men sacrifice for their fellow troops...they help protect each other. No war was ever perfect. No war ever ended war or insured peace. There will always be wars and brave, scared young men who fight them...and they leave their concerned parents and loved ones behind while they do this. And you sir, have the unmitigated gall to declare the sacrifice meaningless!! Nothing!!! You sir, piss me off. You ought to at least have the decency to know when to keep your mouth shut.

god bless all our troops, here at home, and abroad, may they all return safe, sound, and PROUD, that they protected our way of life!!! and the USA is a better place for having them do what they have done!!!

Thank you...

As was already stated, God bless our troops. Hope your Son returns soon, safe and sound.
    I don't know largom (Larry), I don't know what his political ideals are, but I wouldn't think that he meant what he said the way it came across. Be assured, we are Patriots on this forum, one and all.

Boolit Master

My son was there.
    He'll probably be safer there with a gun,
    then in Detroit without a gun.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

First I have a son in the Air-force and one in the Army. My son in the army is requesting to be deployed to Afghanistan. He feels its his duty. My Son that's now in the Air Force was in the Navy and was deployed with his squadron to the Gulf and Iraq several times. I am also a Vietnam vet. I do understand your fear.
    we were talking here at work the other day. For the person who feels like our sacrifices were for nothing and for those that think the Iraq invasion was for nothing. It was for a lot. whether intentional or unintentional whether WMD was found or not it took the fight to the enemy and allowed us to fight on ground of our choosing. I have a whole litany of beliefs about the reason for the Iraq invasion. Personally I believe it was more for rel-estate than for WMD but Saddam Hussein gave us a legal justification for it and it allowed us to take the fight to the enemy. and I believe it was very successful. the fighting went on in Afghanistan and Iraq and not in New York , LA or any where in the U.S. so there was a lot of sacrifice and a lot of blood shed but it was NOT FOR NOTHING every evening when you go to bed in the safety of your own home be thankful that Our sons were fighting in the Mid East and not in Manhattan.

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers for the safe return of your son and all of our troops.

Makes me proud of America that she produces young people of such high caliber.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance

I ask each of you with loved ones serving to give them my heartfelt thanks for their sacrifice. And I thank each of you for your sacrifice also. To serve your country honorably is never "for nothing" and is the greatest gift you can give to your fellow Americans and the world.

I'd never say that someone's sacrifice is for nothing especially if it is for something I do believe in. Some actions are less noble than others but the action of putting yourself in harm's way so another doesn't have to is at the top of the list.

Good luck and godspeed to all who serve and their support at home.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Boolit Master
    wgr, I salute your son's committment.

Volunteering to go to war requires much soul searching and no small amount of doubt. When I volunteered to go to Viet Nam, my father, a World War II Army Air Forces veteran, was essentially silent. Recently, my sister told me that he worried the entire time I was gone.

Be assured that the vast majority of Americans support your son and his decision.

Be proud of your son and give him and his family all the support you can. May he return to all of you safe and sound.

Love Life
    WGR- I hope only the best for your son. Do you know what part of Afghanistan he is headed to? When you get an address for him over there shoot me a PM. I know what he will need there and will send a care package with all the goodies.

Largom- That did not need to be said.
    Last edited by Love Life; 01-11-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Boolit Master

WGR, Please tell your son there are lots of people here that are very thankful to his dedication to our country. I will pray for his safe return. FB

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Largom, what a thing to say!

Glad to see most here are proud of your son wgr, and wish him the best and a safe return.

May God watch over him while away.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Two of the things I thank God for every day are this uniquely free country I am blessed with living in, and the magnificent young servicemen and women who make that freedom possible. Also I pray for the safe return of our troops and the speedy recovery of the wounded.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast