RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: History of Marlin 1895 Cowboy rifles

Boolit Mold
    Last edited by 45Driver; 07-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.

To get the year built you subtract the first two digits of the SN from 100. Mine is 93 so 100-93= 07 so it was made in 2007 your's was made in 06 if the numbers are 94.

I paid $525 for mine but that was dealer cost. You did good at $540. Lots of people trying to sell those guns for alot more than $550 nowadays, trying to capilatize on Marlins current problems.

One guy here had one he was trying to sell recently for $875. I don't know if it sold or not.

I am really waiting to see what the true story is at the SHOT Show next week. I bet we are going to see some nice new products, and hopefully the naysayers will can it after that.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    They started making the 1895CB in about the year 2000 as I got the first one I had in 2001 and they had been out maybe a year when I got that one .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I am really waiting to see what the true story is at the SHOT Show next week. I bet we are going to see some nice new products, and hopefully the naysayers will can it after that.
    I'm not much of a betting man , however if I were I don't think i would bet on the Remlin booth being all that fulfilling
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not much of a betting man , however if I were I don't think i would bet on the Remlin booth being all that fulfilling -6pt-sika

Folks like me keep the light bills paid in Vegas but I'm thinking even the beancounters know that Remlin needs to go big or stay home for the SHOT show.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    Last edited by 45Driver; 07-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.