Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticker Shock

Boolit Master
    Count yourselves lucky.... NY reclassed ye holy black as an explosive a couple years ago.

Almost no one carries it anymore, and while it's legal to own and transport, take a look at the rules we got forced down our throats...

NY Health and Safety

thanks don...ive dealt with the nor' west company before. nice fella and cordial but i was looking for the 13.00 per pound that powder inc advertised is all for kik powder. definetly will hook up with swanny again for future purchases.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Ted his site has that deal where they tested the KIK. With the highcost of shipping I don't think you'll get any powder cheap like we do down here unless you know a snowbird that's down this way and headed back when iceout comes.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

If only I lived in USA, Wano $AU68/kg for standard grades, $AU76 for P grades. $AU105/kg for flash powder for the flintlock.

Percussion Caps $AU110/1000
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    If only I lived in USA, Wano $AU68/kg for standard grades, $AU76 for P grades. $AU105/kg for flash powder for the flintlock.

Percussion Caps $AU110/1000
    Ouch! That hurts this far away!

Ed

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

Bp

Big Ted, If you still want to shoot Goex Cartridge which is gone as you know. There is a shop in Winchester, VA. by the name of Back Creek Gun Shop.
    They sell and ship BP and Have a supply of Goex Cartridge left.
    I have some that I found but several members have had such good luck with the new lot of KIK #3910 that it may out shoot the cartridge.
    I shot some in my SASS match on Saturday in my 44-40 that was loaded with 40 grains of KIK 2F that was compressed .31 with a .030 wad and my Accurate 43-210B bullet.
    It is as Don Mcdowell has posted. It's very clean shooting and accurate and I will find out today about the cleaning. I was able to run a bronze brush down the barrels of my TTN and nothing but a dry grey dust exited the bore.
    It's a shame that a US state is under penalty because of it's location. That should have been a priority with Canada at the time of Statehood so that we could access the state without penalty.
    It's a joke about the Hazmat fee to start with and like all taxes that make millions for the shippers by imposing a hardship on the citizens of the state and country.The facts were so distorted when this fee was put into law it is laughable.
    A fact that may not be known is that these very shippers violate the law every day by transporting more BP than is allowed by Federal law so they must not consider it as dangerous as they say. I'm sure they care about the safety of all the people that are within feet of this highly dangerous product.
    The more falsehoods that are stated by persons who have never been within 100 yards of any BP gun or a pound of the powder will continue to lessen the supply and increase the price till only the rich may enjoy the sport.
    I will quit shooting when all I'm able to purchase are the "FAKES" which I refuse to shoot.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

thanks guys...im gonna try to get a few lbs of kik and give it a try in the dryyyyyyy interior. cant make a snowball except in the very early fall and last white mush in spring. im hoping the kik will add up...again thanks for the encouragment fellers!

well sent an e-mail to swanny and he informs me that KIK is no longer available...wonder if this is just from him or is the KIK harder to aquire then goex?

also david...gonna try to get a load developed with something that is going to be around for awhile as the cartridge seems like it went the way oof the dow dow bird. i still have 14 pounds so ill keep using it as i experiment with 'other' powder till i get a load developed i like.

may have to try to get some KIK from a seller in the states but i really hate the shipping...ho hum whats a feller to do when ya live in paradise??

thanks again all

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    well sent an e-mail to swanny and he informs me that KIK is no longer available...wonder if this is just from him or is the KIK harder to aquire then goex?

snip

may have to try to get some KIK from a seller in the states but i really hate the shipping...ho hum whats a feller to do when ya live in paradise??

thanks again all
    I bought 10 lbs about a month ago from Powder Inc.

Boolit Master
    http://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/2.html

i get my black form Jon at addicted to black powder, the diamond back powders are working just fine in our muzzle loaders but he has other brands also

i drive down and pick it up , i try and wait for a few friends to want to put together an order ,it is a decent drive but the wife found a place she likes to eat on the way.

Well Ted looks like you're stuck with ordering from Powder Inc and paying the shipping from Seattle... Wish I knew when my wife's classmates were heading back for the summer (they live on the Kenai) I'ld talk them into taking some that far.

lol...storie of the alaska living...whats here aint too bad in price but shipping small stuff is usually more then the item itself...still wont trade off the living here for all the comfies in the states. guess ill try the powder inc again and see if i can nail down a price.

Jerry's a good egg, I'm pretty sure he'll do you the best he possilbly can.

Boolit Master

Smile Kik

bigted,

Just bought a case of KIK from Powder inc, last week $325 to my front door.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12