RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RCBS 35-200-FN holy cow, what an awsome boolit!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    My 35 Rem 336 is the most accurate cast boolit rifle I own. The first group I shot testing it with 40 grains of varget is my 100 yard group in my avatar. I shot a 3 shot group right after at 200 yards that measured 2 1/4” at 200 yards! Zeroed at 100 yards the load drops 9” at 200 yards. I ran it through my chronograph. The average velocity was 2087fps. I use 50/50 COWW and pure lead with 2% pewter added to the total. I use our group buy 200 grain RCBS clone HP’s with the round pin.

I’m going to try the same load one of these days when it warms up out of my Remington 7600 carbine chambered in 35 Rem. I’ve shot one deer so far with the load. Knocked it off it’s feet and it never flinched. Did a post on it.

Finally got my Lee clone in and went out into the cold to try it out. Actually I'm kind of impressed with the little two holer. Anyone use it in a .357? I was just kind of looking at it thinking about how it might work in my old model Blackhawk stuffed in 38 cases.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Sully

.35 Remington is a classic case (bad pun) of a great cartridge having its neck cut short for the use of jacketed bullets.
    Fortunately we can still make real boolits work despite the engineer's best efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs44 View Post
    Finally got my Lee clone in and went out into the cold to try it out. Actually I'm kind of impressed with the little two holer. Anyone use it in a .357? I was just kind of looking at it thinking about how it might work in my old model Blackhawk stuffed in 38 cases.

It would offer the advantage of putting a lot of the lead outside of the brass.
    A long time ago I wanted to try the #358315 with a hollow point plug to make it a shorter WFN but never did.

Roger that, but my main purpose for them is the old 35, but as a side project it seemed doable for the 357.

Sully

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234