Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCBS 35-200-FN holy cow, what an awsome boolit!

Boolit Master

I like mine too. I do wish RCBS would make a heavier boolit that could be used in the 35 Whelen. I'd like to see a 35-250-FN, or a 35-275-FN. Seems to be a "need for something like that. It is a very accurate design, and although I haven't taken any animals with it, it looks to be a dandy for hunting.

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS Does make a 35 cal 250 gr.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RCBS 35 Cal 250 gr-9-1.jpg  
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    PM sent to goodsteel.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Actually, C-brick sent me a sample of that very boolit, the RCBS 35-250-FN (actualy he sent me quite a few samples.) but thats the part I cant understand, because although that particular test rifle loved the 200 grain version, It didn't do so hot with the 250 grain version.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Cast Hunter

My .358 Win shot the RCBS 35-200-FN really well also. Best accuracy at hunting velocities was with H4985.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-30 Waters View Post
    This bullet design sized to .360 shoots very well in Marlin micro-grooved rifles. Ramshot Tac or H4895 have been my go to powders for my Marlin 336C in 35 Rem. Good bullet for whitetail deer when cast from wheel weights.
    I like the bullet design as well, but mine might drop bullets at .3595" on a good casting day. I like RCBS molds, but I've seen a lot of diameter variation from mold to mold.

John

Just in case no one has seen an RCBS 35-200-FN.
    Here's one on the left next to my fat nose 205 grain with a wider front band.
    I pretty much just copied the RCBS design and changed some dimentions for a custom oversize fit. That particular RCBS mold would drop a bullet close to 220 grains.

I’ve a 240 grain bullet from Mountain moulds that also looks similar to the RCBS bullet.

I sold my original RCBS bullet to a fellow who was willing to use it as a single cavity mold. Like so many of the RCBS and Lyman molds it cast two different diameter bullets.

In Remebrance

Good for you! I love the 35-200FN, great design. Haven't found a 35 the doesn't like it yet.

On the Coleman stove, why frick up something that works? He, (and I!), have found that simple works fine, and a lot better than those BP cheapies so many complain about. As far as I'm concerned, that IS 21sxt century casting gear!

Boolit Grand Master

Whenever I need heat, I prefer gas. It just works better. My hotwater heater is gas as well as my furnace and my clothes dryer. I hope to get a gas stove in the kitchen someday too, but I'm waiting on the electric one to die.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    I had a 35-200 go through my hands last year!

My BIL had sent me a package with about 15 molds in it and asked me to fix and sell them so he could add "usable" molds or buy parts for his double stack frame kit project!

Most of the molds were BP stuff but a few were later designs and the 35-200 was one of them.

The 35-200 was swapped for a 4 cavity Lyman 429421 with the square grease groove.

Before it left my shop I used it to make up a couple hundred to try out in my 357 Contender barrel a Hex 10 incher with an old Lobo scope on it.

Sure enough they shot like a house afire!

New rule in shop: always try a mold before you swap it off!

Good news was the 429421 dropped boolits at 430 and was like shuckin peas from a pod!

The BIL was very impressed with the trade, sadly he's was the fellow that rolled his Quad last December and died.

All his casting stuff is now at the number 2 sons place along with all the guns. The son is busy doing the life thing but I will get up north here in Feb or so and show him how this stuff works.

He never loaded a round when Kyle was alive so he'll now have a new respect for what was getting supplied to him.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a deal on an RCBS 35-200 or a GB for a 4 or 6 cavity copy.

Wonder if that boolit would work as well as a FB instead of a GC design?

Boolit Man
    I also shoot this bullet in a 357 Maximum, 357 Herrett, & 350 Rem. Mag with superb accuracy.

In my 350 Magnum when running the bullet at 1650 fps it shoots one hole groups at 50 yards.

In my 12 Contender barrel for the 357 Maximum it will hold 5 shots under an inch at 50 yards. Solid deer medicine in my book.

As stated, I don't think there isn't a 35 caliber gun you can shoot this bullet in.

Banned
    I believe the RCBS 35-200 to be thee best over the counter 35 boolit one can buy. I have yet to try it in any reasonable 35 load where it has not worked good enough for 150 yard deer hunting. That list includes 3- 35rem marlin 336's ...1-micro and 2-early 50's ballard rifled guns, 1-rem 141 pump, 1-rem 81 auto, 1-357max custom encore and several others that I am sure I have forgotten.

Out of all my over the counter moulds it is the one I use the most. BaBore from BRP improved on it a slight little bit but alas them moulds are no longer available. My RCBS 35-200 is not going anywhere until they cook my butt and spread my ashes.

My reamaining 1953 Marlin 336SC in 35 rem in particular will shoot that boolit well with any of the 3031,748,h335, blc-2 range powders. That boolit is still 1 to 1.5 MOA accurate out to 385 yards iffin ya hold yer mouth right. I would never do it, but I know darn sure it would still clobber a whitetail at that distance from my 35Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I need to get one of those molds. I have the 200 grain Lyman RN, but am hearing from everybody how great the RCBS bullet is. I have an old Marlin and a Remington 700 to feed.
    I started with the Lyman 206 gr, then got the RCBS. The Lyman shot decently, but not as good as the RCBS, and my 35 Remington loading is all for leverguns. I've still got the RCBS mold and am not a bit surprised at the groups depicted in this thread. At some point I'm going to get a Ranchdog mold for comparison--after he comes out with that boolit in standard lube grooves.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Actually, C-brick sent me a sample of that very boolit, the RCBS 35-250-FN (actualy he sent me quite a few samples.) but thats the part I cant understand, because although that particular test rifle loved the 200 grain version, It didn't do so hot with the 250 grain version.
    My experience also. If I remember that thread correctly you were looking for a bullet of 250+ gr and someone else was already sending you the 200 Gr, that's why I sent you the 250. Anyway, I agree, the 200 has shot better in everything I've tried them in.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Based on the rave reviews here, I can't argue that the RCBS mould is the best all around 35 caliber boolit. But, it seems to me that the Ranchdog is the best Marlin 35Rem mould made, maximum powder capacity, good accuracy, good throat fit, and exceptional terminal performance. Mine really seems to like my micro-groove barrel.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Whenever I need heat, I prefer gas. It just works better. My hotwater heater is gas as well as my furnace and my clothes dryer. I hope to get a gas stove in the kitchen someday too, but I'm waiting on the electric one to die.
    Gas Range, Fireplace, Water heater, boiler, dryer, bbq and a smelter burner re-orificed. It helps when you are in the business. Don't change what works well for you.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    I was thinking about getting the Ranchdog mold for my Marlin, but the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards the RCBS boolit. It should work well in my Whelen and hopefully in the soon to be .358 Norma Magnum.

Just waiting on tax time.

Robert
    Robert,

What are you looking for in a 358 Norma? I have a rechambered Ruger 77 I might be willing to part with.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Grand Master
    cabezaverde,

I have two 98 Mauser projects in .35 Whelen, one of which isn't finished so it is going to become a .358 Norma. I already have a bolt with a magnum face, I just need to rent a reamer and headspace guages.

I was debating going with a .338-.358 or the Norma chamber, but then smokemjoe got sick and sold his dies for the Norma. Plus if I ever need to sell it, the factory type chamber will be easier to sell, not that I am planning on selling but things happen.

Robert

Boolit Master

I think that NOE should get some samples of that RCBS 35-250 boolit for a future run of moulds!!

Doug

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 94Doug View Post
    I think that NOE should get some samples of that RCBS 35-250 boolit for a future run of moulds!!

Doug
    NOE did make the RCBS 35 200, I got a 5 cav in this bullet. If you want the 250 gr I think RCBS still makes it in an iron two cav.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast