Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: lyman 3200 turbo tumbler

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range

lyman 3200 turbo tumbler

i have a lyman 3200 turbo tumbler (no longer made) that the motor is dying anyone had any luck finding a new motor anywhere? lyman no longer makes this big tumbler and does not offer any parts. any info on sources fora new motor would be greatly apreaicted thanks charlie

Boolit Master

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy

Smile lyman 3200 turbo tumbler

If Granger can't help you. I have no idea where you are, but there's a place in Southern Pa. that will re- build it for you. I'm using the big Dillon shaker and needed a new motor. ELECTRIC MOTOR REPAIR. Google will get the address for you.
    If you need the address/phone # PM me and I'll dig out the invoice. (if I didn't throw it out)... Good luck. thebigmac

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS..

[COLOR="#FF0000"]MANY YEARS AGO I GAVE AN OATH TO DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION FROM
    A-L-L TRAITORS, BOTH FOREIGN & DOMESTIC NOW, AT 78, I'M READY AGAIN TO ANSWER THE CALL.
    COLOR]

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    hi i found a exact replacment motor in grangers new 2012 cat , it was not in the 2011 cat thanks all charlie

Talk about waking the dead!
    A friend has a 3200 and need's a new motor. When he turn's it on it'll spin a couple time's then just sit there and hum.
    Any lead's?

Boolit Mold

I replaced my motor successfully

i have a lyman 3200 turbo tumbler (no longer made) that the motor is dying anyone had any luck finding a new motor anywhere? lyman no longer makes this big tumbler and does not offer any parts. any info on sources for a new motor would be greatly apreaicted thanks Charlie

Charlie and others, I purchased a DAYTON 4M080 C-Frame Motor, Ball, Shaded Pole, 2 In. L motor from rakuten, but they are available elsewhere.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/dayton-4...262821871.html

You have to move an "Aluminum bearing support Block" from the old motor and transfer it to the new one. It provides strength for the bearing holder. The screws that hold it have to be turned around. I destroyed the original 8-32 bolts removing the old motor (n I cut them off with a dremel tool cutoff disk and had to purchase eight replacements that are 3.5 inches long. I couldn't find anything over 3.0 inches in town so I purchased the 3.5in from from McMaster-Carr.
    The new motor also needs 6 holes enlarged. They were the size for #6 screws not #8. You NEED to use #8 bolts for strength because of the off center weight that causes the vibration. I strongly suggest a drill press to enlarge the holes. I put in a smaller bit (the size of current holes) to align perfectly and tightened the vice, then swapped to the larger bit for the #8 holes. It was very easy to drill out.
    I don't expect my new parts to last as long as the original, but if it lasts half as long, I'm happy. It cost me under $70.00 for everything. Also there is a bit of a trick to removing the fan from the old motor. Get some dikes and pry off the metal band (without destroying it) and then you can pull the fan off gently. I broke mine and had to purchase another. I purchased larger 5 in. one from e-bay, (5 inch diameter Plastic Fan Blade/Propeller 1/4 inch bore. CCW Rotation) for $9.00 but you can get the correct one (4 in.) from http://www.acmemiami.com/fanblade.html. Model #2404. however they have a $25.00 minimum and the blade is only $1.00
    I really like the Lyman Turbo 3200 because of its size.