Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Terry/Hazel Grindle/smokingguns/Old Fart Maddog2020/revolverfan2

Boolit Buddy

DEADBEAT - Terry/Hazel Grindle/Old Fart Maddog2020/revolverfan2

As some of you know oldfart and I made a deal, 204 ruger barrel in super 14 with iron sights, like new, and 100 new brass for her 44 mag barrel, nearly new with iron sights and 100 brass. This took place around 15th dec. i sent mine as she said she did, same day. Two weeks later at my prodding i got mine in my packaging. Problem was no iron sights and only 80 brass, and those were not the best but i overlooked it and asked for my stuff, said it would be sent in a week, i know she had a lot of stuff going at one time so chalked up to oversight. Well been several weeks, some with no reply to pms and all she had to say is i should have got it by now. no reply to supply tracking# or priority#. So i hope you guys have better luck with her although i know of 2 others with like experience. THIS IS MY FIRST DEAL GONE BAD THROUGH THE INTERNET, lets hope she does the right thing. A DEALS A DEAL.
    c.b.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Deadbeat: Oldfart Hazel Grindle in NC.

Well,, it's time to out another rip-off artist apparently.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...=1#post2683714

It appears that there is quite a trail of theft and deception going on. Damn it all.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

I traded molds with her and got what I was supposed to. I wonder if she used some of us to 'wash' things she'd stolen from someone else. Don't we have her address? Why not send a local around to 'speak' to 'her'...

I did a trade with her. Wasn't exactly as described, but close enough. I don't have any bad feelings about the deal. I got fair value for what I sent.

I did notice she offered up the gas checks that I sent her in another offer a couple of weeks later.

I still have her address if someone is looking for some way besides PM to contact her.

-ktw

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Banned

where in NC?

From the link in the first posting;
    Names Hazel Grindle
    >> 300 Grant Trail
    >> Bessemer City,NC 28016

Terry Grindle
    >> 300 Grant Trail
    >> Bessemer City,NC 28016

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...ile&User=16216

59 posts,, all but one in the classifieds.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Had a few dealings with Hazel. The first went without a hitch, I traded 136 pcs of 45 WIN MAG brass for a set of RCBS dies in .380. She also sent me a shotgun scope mount before I paid for it, but I returned it. Not what I wanted. Then she advertised a used mold for sale or trade. I then sent 150 pcs of once fired 44 MAG brass and 50 Rem SJHPs for the mold. She said that was cool with her and the mold will ship ASAP. Well...... about 2 1/2 weeks passed before I heard anything from her. Then I get a PM from her and she said the mold was in the mail. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. I would like to get my mold and am perplexed by why anyone would just screw people over like this. If there is a health concern or death in the family etc. etc. then that is understandable, but to just mess someone around isn't cool. Especially in the shooting community that is constantly under attack as it is!

Boolit Master

"59 posts,, all but one in the classifieds."

So it was kind of like here then. I think she has a business she's running. Like out of a shop or something. Right after I traded her the 45 WIn Mag brass she promptly told another member she had some 45 Win Mag brass for sale or trade. No big deal, but she told me she really needed some for herself. I also noticed that almost all her postings were buy/sell/trade. P.S. the date on the last post Hazel sent me was 15 Jan when she told me the mold was on the way.
    Last edited by EMC45; 02-03-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Found a phone number wonder if she has a deep voice? 704-435-9236

tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-n8ies View Post
    Found a phone number wonder if she has a deep voice? 704-435-9236

tom
    When you shaft one person its a small civil matter. When you shaft a bunch its something the uniforms usually like to talk to the person about. Works around here anyway

If it is inter state isn't that a Federal Offense down your way.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't dealt with Hazel, but I did a deal with Terry Grindle, aka the Low Country Gunsmith (LCGS), on another board about 2 years ago. He wanted to trade a "like new" condition Lee 6 cavity mould with handles for a Lyman or RCBS 2 cavity with handles. The Lee mould in question was a standard production and not custom, but it was one that I wanted, so I figured what the heck. I sent him a used, very good condition Lyman 358156 2 cavity with like new handles. He did ship me a mould. I got it out of the box and after about 15 seconds worth of examination decided I wanted my Lyman back. The handles he sent were Lee handles alright. They had been salvaged from a Lee 2 cavity mould! He made no attempt to fit shims of any sort, and the handles being much thinner than real 6 cavity handles allowed the blocks to flop around like you wouldn't believe. The mould faces had numerous dings from the alignment pins. He knew I would be less than thrilled when I received it, so he closed his email account. All I got was bounced mail. Attempts at contact through the Shooters PM system were unanswered. I did some searching on the web and found numerous instances where he had given others the shaft, either by not shipping anything at all or shipping something in lesser condition than was advertised. I printed off all of the comments I could find and mailed them to him, along with a note asking him if a shoddy reputation was worth the few dollars he had taken by being dishonest. Never heard from him again.

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar

Thumbs down

I do believe he posted on IHMSA.net under the name 44man . He got to me for a set of dies. Claimed I should send a barrel to be powder coated for the daughter real glad I didn't send it to get screwed on it to. I also think he was on specialty pistols also. A real loser that claimed failing health or death in family caused delay in shipping or lack there of. James

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I don't think this should be confused with OUR 44man.

Quote Originally Posted by James C. Snodgrass View Post
    I do believe he posted on IHMSA.net under the name 44man . He got to me for a set of dies. Claimed I should send a barrel to be powder coated for the daughter real glad I didn't send it to get screwed on it to. I also think he was on specialty pistols also. A real loser that claimed failing health or death in family caused delay in shipping or lack there of. James
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    If it is inter state isn't that a Federal Offense down your way.

Take Care

Bob
    Yes,but. When you have several hundred thousand frauds a year, law enforcement agencies just don't have the manpower and money to deal with them all. Unless it is a very large amount of money or large number of voters, it just falls through the cracks. Even if this person defrauded 500 people, they are probably all individuals who don't know of their fellow victims or any way to contact them and organize an attempt to prosecute. Want to make some money? Start up a victims web page for victims to register (for $10) their defraudment, find others victimized by the same villain, and find a lawyer to represent them in a class action suit or to "motivate" law enforcement to do their thing.

Hi, folks,

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

A friend of mine is a longtime U.S. Postmaster, and he has told me of the Postal Service's
    going after mail fraud thieves in his area. He reports that mail fraud is punishable by a 5-year term in Federal prison PER OFFENSE. They usually charge them with only 3 or 4 of the many
    offenses the person commits, and get a quick conviction.

Per his accounts, the Postal Service takes mail fraud very seriously, and if any part of the transaction takes place via US Mail, it constitutes mail fraud. He is of the opinion that they WILL investigate mail fraud and it's easy to catch the perps -- particularly if you pay them by US Postal Money Order, as it's easy to retrieve the MO and get their fingerprints off of it. He's told me a number of accounts of successful busts, and you might just be happily surprised that they DO nail this creep, if you will file complaints!

Hope this helps,
    John

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar
    Waksupi, the scoundrel I mentioned has no relation with any of the fine folks I have dealt with or spoke to from this site . I spoke with dude for a hour on the phone and thought he was a good guy. That is what makes me so PO'ed about the deal, I assumed by the conversation he was legit. I swapped a T/C barrel and dies and brass for same from him in different cal, I got a bare barrel, W/O sights,dies,or brass or excuse for lack there of . I know that a set of sights and dies ain't a fortune . But the mans word should be worth a kings ransom. James

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast