Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Lee C430-310RF For HEAVY 44 Mag Loads

Lee C430-310RF For HEAVY 44 Mag Loads

Anybody out there Shooting these monsters out of there 44 Mag I would Like To use it for hogs and maybe Deer And Lets Not forget plinking. How Does it perform?
    A Poacher Is A Thief... And We Are The Victim.

Boolit Master

In answer to your question , WELL!

OK out of a RH or SRH, NO fun at all out of a SBH.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

That's a good bullet. I use it in several .44 revolvers. about 17 grains of 2400 is what I use.
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

Boolit Master
    I use these in my RSBH, 77/44, and Rossi singleshot with great results. 20gr of H4227 is what I've been using.

Boolit Master
    Oh....ever heard of the Hammer of Thor? Well, he only uses the hammer 'cause he doesn't cast these

Boolit Grand Master

I am prejudiced because Frank Siefer and I designed this bullet. I just happened to take the first head of big game that was taken with this bullet (a very nice 10 point white tail deer).

It will do all that needs done in the .44 Magnum for heavy game, let alone the white tail deer when driven properly.

It has also been found to have been one of the most accurate bullets to be had in the .44 Magnum.

Dale53

Boolit Master
    I have been using the C452-300RF in my Raging Bull and was considering picking this one up next as well.

I have both a RH and a 14" Contender barrel in 44 mag and figured this would be "THE" one to have for them both, and not have to mess with any others. I already have enough J-words on hand to probably shoot rifling out of them both, but I have been so impressed with the 300's performance that I have really been considering giving this one a try as well.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Banned

I use the boolit with 21.5 gr of 296 but I use only a Fed 150 primer.
    It is superb in accuracy and thumps deer big time.
    I use Felix lube on it.
    It will be one of the all time best boolits!

Boolit Grand Master

44man;
    >>>It will be one of the all time best boolits! <<<

Thank you, 44man, that is the best endorsement a feller could have!

It is probably a bit of "overkill" for whitetail deer. I have taken a number of deer with a 250 gr Keith and have been MORE than happy. However, if a feller or gal wants a GREAT bullet for deer and heavier game, you can hardly do better than the Lee C430-310-RF.

Dale53

I use that bullet cast out of range scrap + 2% tin, lubed with felix over 20grs of H-110. I shoot this out of 3 SBH's and all three guns love it. I actually use this load with my 10" SBH for IHMSA.

Boolit Master

I think my wrist still hurts from the time I shot that boolit in my 4 inch S&W. I don't recall the exact load but it was max or near max using 2400. It shoots great in my 10 1/2 Ruger Super Blackhawk and the long barreled Ruger tames the recoil considerably. I've also used it a few times in my Rossi lever action rifle. My Rossi's sights are set for a 6 o'clock hold sending a gas checked 240 to 50 yards. With the 310 in my Rossi. I aimed a bit high at a dirt clod at about 100 yards and it hit low.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    44man;
    >>>It will be one of the all time best boolits! <<<

Thank you, 44man, that is the best endorsement a feller could have!

It is probably a bit of "overkill" for whitetail deer. I have taken a number of deer with a 250 gr Keith and have been MORE than happy. However, if a feller or gal wants a GREAT bullet for deer and heavier game, you can hardly do better than the Lee C430-310-RF.

Dale53
    Well that sealed the deal for me, I know what I will be putting on the top of the list now for my next addition.

As for overkill on the deer, well for some of them we see probably, but then again like the one I got Sunday before last probably just about right. He simply had a will beyond what most have. Besides we have plenty of hogs to put them to task on as well so they won't be much of a waste at all. Like mentioned loaded to mid ranged velocities, they should be an awesome bomb to drop on a big boar.
    Later,
    Mike / TX