Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Bad ammo and bad C/S

Boolit Grand Master

Bad ammo and bad C/S

Remember all that braggin' I was doin' about how good that Aguila ammo shot in my Cricket? Monday before T'day, I decided to warm up the barrel on the boy just for the sake of it.

I set up a target, broke open a box and went at it. 'Bout ten rounds in, 'click'. Excuse me? Recock. 'click'. Huh! Pulled the round to look, good pin strike. Misfire. That's odd. Oh, well.

After 100 rds. of ammo, I had 7 misfires layin' on the table. That ain't no good.

I found the C/S number for Aguila and a lady with a Latin acsent(imagine that!) answered the phone. I told her the story. She gave me an email addy and wanted me to write with a full explanation of what happened, where I purchased the ammo, lot number, Grandmother's maiden name, etc. .

Fine, I did that. Ain't heard a word.

No big deal. The Cricket shoots Blazer 40 gr. solids almost as good as it does the Aguila 38-H/P-S/E. I got almost a whole brick of that and Wally World stocks it on a regular basis.

I don't spend thousands of dollars on rimfire ammo, so Aguila ain't exactly gonna go under on account of me. They keep this kinda' stuff up, though, and they'll build themselves one fine bad reputation.

Jim, have you tried this ammo in your Cricket?

http://www.eabco.com/store/products/...0-1479-59.html
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes Sir, I did. It's OK, but does not group nearly as well as the 38 HP SE.

That's the strange thing about 22 ammo. What shoots perfectly in one gun might not be worth a dern in another one. I just have to give my Cricket what it likes, that's all.

Boolit Buddy
    Jim you are dead on about different .22 ammo shooting differently. Much like thier bigger brothers each rifle seems to have a taste for what it likes.

I have had very good luck with the Aguila .22 Standard velocity in several of my .22 rifles and have shot many bricks of the stuff with no problems. In one test I did at the rqange with a CZ 452 Lux it shot as well out of that rifle as the Eley Match grade ammo. ( It is Eley primed. ) Maybe you just got into a bad batch. Try a box of the Aguila in the standad vel. 40 gr. some time.

Just my thoughts ... Pete

Boolit Grand Master
    Problem is, I live in Smalltown, USA. There ain't no Aguila to be had anywhere around here. A friend gave me some and it did well. I would have to order it to get more.

Boolit Master
    Try this: Aguila Target 40gr:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/AMM060-1.html

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Grand Master
    Its amazing how different 22 ammo shoots in different guns. When I shot IHMSA alot, my DW revolver loved Eley Biathalon ammo and hated most everything else. My Contender, hated most stuff, even the match stuff, but loved the cheap Remington Mohawk in a brown box. My Buckmark, couldn't care less what you fed it, it loved everything. It got fed WW s/x as I had a case of it.