As much as I would like to buy all American, all the time, some times it's simply not possible. I have two Rock Island Armory 1911s. Made in the Phillipines. Yeah, I'd love to buy American, but I got the two Rocks for just over half of what an STI or Dan Wesson would have cost. From what I've heard, Armscor, the parent company of RIA, is a contract manufacturer for Remington and some other American brands. I have no proof of that, but I've heard it from about three different vendors at gun shows. Sometimes we buy what we can afford. And the Rock Islands are mighty fine guns.

My little 7" X 12" Grizzly lathe comes from the SEIG factory in China. I don't think there's an American company even making mini-lathes anymore. But the Grizzly company, with showrooms, warehouses and shipping centers in three cities in the US, puts a lot of Americans to work, even if they are selling Chinese equipment. So, it's not all bad.

Like others in this thread, I avoid WalMart as much as possible. But, since they've run off so many other businesses in town, sometimes I have to go there. I hate it, but sometimes it has to be done.

I do my best to support my local gun shop. I buy all my powder and primers from them and it's cheaper than paying the hazmat fee. Most of the factory ammo I buy comes from there. And there are advantages to being a regular customer at a local shop. Last rifle I bought there, I was quoted the price and said "What's the best you can do on it?". Try that at WalMart and see where it gets you! Got a final price of forty bucks less than the tag. But the main reason for supporting our local gun stores simply that if we don't, they won't be there any longer. Sure, now and then we buy from one of the online companies. I do, we all do. But if we want our LGS to continue to be there, we have to support them. Even if it costs a few more bucks occasionally. It's worth it.

But it's not possible to buy only American products. So there's really no point in getting all wound up over it. It's better to have an American company selling a foreign product to American consumers than to have no American company at all, and no products for American consumers to buy.