Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Rockchuckers having Red Chinese castings?

Quote Originally Posted by omgb View Post

Now as to who shops where and buys what....that's hardly a measure of patriotism. C'mon people, as much as I wish we did have a large amount of heavy manufacturing here in America, the fact is we don't and most likely will never have again.

Good lord do you even have to wonder why?

Yes, the Chinese have a good share of our old mfg jobs.

Once again do you even have to wonder why?

OK, the rules of free market caused that.

Oh really? do you think it might have something to do with the fact that people didn't reject to it and bought the stuff even though his neighbor was put out in the streets?

I don't know about you but I much prefer a demand economy to a managed command economy. That means that we have to reduce our operating costs, make our mfg more efficient and be ready to compete.

Huh? what do you think drove up our marketing costs in the first place?

Until then, the free market means one is free to buy and sell where ever the price best suits one.

I guess until one has saved himself out of his own home.

R J Talley

Boolit Grand Master
    Yep. Blame me. I did it. I bought a few items made elsewhere and personally forced manufacturing offshore. I did it with tech support too.

Now if I could find a "shoot me now" smiley I would be happy.

Boolit Master
    I reckon that all of us would prefer that everything we buy be American made, but the reality is otherwise and arguing about it isn't going to change anything. Nor is questioning my patriotism, because I happen to buy a foreign made product. As a veteran, I could easily be offended, but will overlook it. Unless it continues.

Question: You are shopping for a new gizmo, and find two that are appealing. Both gizmos are of equal quality and value. The company that makes the first gizmo is foreign owned and is made in a foreign country. The company that makes the second gizmo is American owned and the gizmo is made in America. However, it's very well known that the American owned company is extremely anti-gun and has contributed much money to anti-gun organizations and lobbyists. As a gun owner, which gizmo will you buy?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I see some of the folks here still don't get it. I'll try one more time. Yes we all buy imported goods, we have to as many items are no longer made here and are only available as imported.

But the apathy comes in when there is the attidude that --I don't care, I'll don't give a rats behind where anything is made and it makes me no difference, I could care less, after all it all about me in the end, therein lies the problem. No loyaty whatsoever.

Maybe there's a few who can comprehend my concept or what I'm trying to get across. To those who it still goes over their head, theres not much more I can say to help you. But keep working and paying your taxes, your country needs you.

BTW, I don't believe I've called anyone a name!
    Last edited by jcwit; 11-20-2011 at 04:59 PM.

RCBS Chinese Castings

Several years ago there was a magazine article about the Rock Chucker press and it stated the raw castings came from China. It had photos of the castings in obvious overseas crates. At first I read it in disgust, but then realized the US has ran nearly every cast iron fourndry outside our borders. All the machininb g according to the artice was done stateside with lateste CNC equip. Welcome to hte state of heavy industry that our regs have, without compromise or assistance chased outside our borders........sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sad,,,,,,,,,,even worse look at the country of Origin on your next set of Ridgid Pipe threading dies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Cast Round, Shoot Straight
    Take someone shooting

Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    Question: You are shopping for a new gizmo, and find two that are appealing. Both gizmos are of equal quality and value. The company that makes the first gizmo is foreign owned and is made in a foreign country. The company that makes the second gizmo is American owned and the gizmo is made in America. However, it's very well known that the American owned company is extremely anti-gun and has contributed much money to anti-gun organizations and lobbyists. As a gun owner, which gizmo will you buy?
    Hmmmm, would there be much difference? What foreign nation doesn't want to disarm us? I definitely don't want to support any company that i know is funding anti gun groups, but then again we are in bed with the UN.

UNIQUEDOT: while I understand your sentiment, I believe you are living in a dream

it is one thing to buy local, supporting local business, and a whole other thing to say you will only buy American

we ARE a global economy, there is no longer any way around it, and a grassroots, "Buy Local" won't change that..

I ALWAYS try to buy local, to support LOCAL business and Local jobs, but the products they sell are mostly Foreign made...

In Canada, my cost of living would go up at least 5x if I tried to buy locally produced/manufactured.... Even FOOD!
    almost ALL imported food is far cheaper than locally grown... Farmers markets are a JOKE!

not many local manufactures can compete against foreign mass produced anything

one other thing... Slave wages to us is a fair living wage on many other parts of the planet!

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTEone other thing... Slave wages to us is a fair living wage on many other parts of the planet![/QUOTE]

Is it really?

Fair Living wage.................I dont think so

Just what is "FAIR".

Explain who's working for slave wages.

Boolit Grand Master
    I get the concept entirely, you want me to pay more to support American labor. Are you a union activist? If not, you should be.
    It isn't apathy, it is a desire to buy a product that fits my needs and wants. I am buying an item, not a manufacturer or laborer.

It isn't over my head at all. I just choose to differ with you.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no name calling, just a spirited debate. I am in no way offended by any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I get the concept entirely, you want me to pay more to support American labor. Are you a union activist? If not, you should be.
    It isn't apathy, it is a desire to buy a product that fits my needs and wants. I am buying an item, not a manufacturer or laborer.

It isn't over my head at all. I just choose to differ with you.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no name calling, just a spirited debate. I am in no way offended by any of this.
    No I'm not an activist, let alone a union one. Have never been a member of a union nor has anyone in my family to my knowledge. Wife and I ran our own retail business till we retired because of my health reasons. Again with that said, I stated

Yes we all buy imported goods, we have to as many items are no longer made here and are only available as imported.
    Also as I previously stated the apathy comes in because of

But the apathy comes in when there is the attidude that --I don't care, I'll don't give a rats behind where anything is made and it makes me no difference, I could care less, after all it all about me in the end, therein lies the problem. No loyaty whatsoever.
    Comprehend? Should seem simple, No?

Boolit Grand Master
    Loyalty to WHAT? I am loyal to products that work. Products that do what I need, at the price I want to pay.
    People quit being loyal to American auto companies because the manufacturers quit being loyal to them. Sell me a poor quality vehicle at a higher price? Really? I remember back when you didn't see the Asian cars here much. The American car companies got greedy and stupid and opened a door for competition.

I just want to know what I am supposed to be loyal to? If you are saying I have an "obligation" to support American labor then say so.
    I am far more concerned aout where I buy a product than where it was made. I like to support local small businesses. I hate Walmart. Don't go in their stores even once a year. I tend to shop in my own city, at least my own county. Why not support the local economy?
    I just don't get the idea that not "buying American" is patriotic. It sounds like the union line about not buying foreign cars. How many of the Chevys those bumper stickers are on where made from ALOT of foreign made parts? I don't see how a US made Toyota is foreign but a Ford assembled in Japan is American made.
    I think for myself. I see things the way I do. If American manufacturing wants to grow they need to be competitive. I don't like the government to subsidize anything and I won't do it either.
    Again, it isn't apathy. Apathy is not,knowing the label exists or what the ramifications of same are. I know full well, I just don't think the "buy American" mantra is worth my time.

Then I guess that its not your opinion but your attidude that creats my opinion of you.

I note that was stated in a few prior posts. Your quote.

Apathy is not,knowing the label exists or what the ramifications of same are.
    Wrong!

Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical or physical life.

In other words attidude.

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    UNIQUEDOT: while I understand your sentiment, I believe you are living in a dream

it is one thing to buy local, supporting local business, and a whole other thing to say you will only buy American
    I'm not saying i will only buy American as i don't have much choice, but the reason i don't have much choice is because the majority of consumers couldn't care less and that has been stated by a member in this thread. I prefer to buy locally when i can and i prefer to buy American when i can. Heck just a couple weeks ago i made a purchase without second thought just because someone posted a link on a forum to a product at a good price. The thing is though it was a case tumbler and i doubt that there is even a vibratory tumbler made in the USA. Some part of just about everything we buy will likely be from China...nope i don't have much choice. BTW for the record i despise unions with a passion!

Boolit Grand Master
    And I am apathetic about what others think of me in general.
    I am who I am. I make no excuses for it.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    With the reality of production in the world today, I won't comment on the politics of things and I have no idea if RCBS castings are made in China. I do, however, have knowledge that some RCBS products are made in China. Recently, I ordered a couple of their large powder reservoirs to see if they would fit on a standard Uniflow to increase hopper size. I received them today. On the plastic bags protecting the hoppers, there is a black sticker with the words "Made In China" clearly labeled. Here is a pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HiCapPowderHopper.jpg  

So the plastic bag that they packaged the part in is made in china?

Where was the shipping lable on the package that had your address on made?

I'm sure the made in china sticker is for the hoppers and not the bag, but rcbs never denied having plastics molded in China either. I wouldn't be surprised if even Lyman imports things from China. I know that Dillon does such as calipers. Lee precisions claims they will never import anything from overseas, but i guess we will see what the future holds.

btroj whats the difference between shopping at a small retailer vs wal-mart and buying whatever you want regardless of where its manufactured ? would you like to work as a pharmacist at wal-mart instead of where you presently do? i'm sure the drugs are cheaper at wally world and my wife says they are the same drugs, so why pay more elsewhere?
    i work at a medium sized manufacturin company that has actually got work back from china that they undercut us by a mile, because why??? yep they made **** and our customer had very little patience for that.we get work from companies that have outsourced work and receive junk from overseas for so long they dont have the manufacturing capabilities to fix anything, so they send us the parts with a chunk of change to fix it. its that or ship it back overseas.
    and no i am not in any way a union activist, i work in a non-union shop because thats the way i like it, i've been treated by the uaw in a bad way too many times
    my 16yr old son was looking at cordless drills at wal-mart, reading the labels when the employee asked"can i help you?" boy asked" do you have any of these that are made here?"
    employee says"nothings made here kid" boy says" i was!"
    we do really need to take this country back, i mean really think about it we are borrowing the money to pay the presidents wages, along with all the other jackyls in dc, does this make any sense?
    btroj do not look at this as a personal attack
    i think we all need to wake up, this country was built on self-sacrifice, not selfishness
    ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. where did that go everybody?
    sorry better get off the box
    pardon me if i offended

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by katch1 View Post
    ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. where did that go everybody?
    He was shot.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast