RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: High Prices

Boolit Mold

High Prices

Hopeing some one on here can tell me where to buy #10 caps for C&B revolvers. I payed 399 + tax. will have to go too smokeless at that price. Also where can I order blackpowder at a good price.
    thanks in advance

Robert

Moderator Emeritus

2row, I understand what you're talking about. My Pieta 1851 Navy .44 steel frame uses #10's much better than #11's, and they're a lot harder to find. Best thing I know, other than going to a big store like Bass Pro, if you have one near you, is to mail order them from Midway, Graf's, etc.

As to powder, the very best thing to do is to order by the case of 25 one lb. cans. That way, you only pay one hazmat fee, and amortize it over 25 cans. However, if you want to order less than a full case, try Graf's at:

http://www.grafs.com/

When you need something that's hard to find, there's really no other good option except ordering as much as you can at the time.

Hope this helps.

Super Moderator

............I think Grafs requires that you have an explosives license or some such in order for them to ship you BP, but not smokless. I had 2 caselot orders from the Maine Powderhouse at :http://www.mainepowderhouse.com/index.jsp and they're good folks to do business with.

I agree that if you can swing it, a case of 25 one pound cans is the way to go. MPH carries Swiss, Schutzen (German) Goex, and still has some Elephant in stock. If you use a couple pounds a year and have been buying it a can at a time this would be a 10 years supply. Cheaper then by the can and as the years roll by it becomes cheaper yet.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

I've ordered here. They said someone would have to be home to accept the shipment, but UPS just left it on the porch.

http://www.powderinc.com/

We order musket caps from Midsouth. We usuly buy 50,000 [a case] at a time.That is the max on one package/hasmat charge.Last batch of german caps were a short $ 25 @ 1000. They have #10's &11's also with a 5,000 min. order.
    Last BP I got was in May from Backcreek gunshop in Winchester Va. 10 lb of Goex @ 96.00 25lb box @ 220.00
    If shooting,fixing,making and thunking were easy.Everyone would be doing it.

There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental,
    justifiable, and praiseworthy.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Jim

Boolit Mold
    Thank you all thank I can find what I need here