Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

Boolit Master
    i am a member there don't go there much a lot of mall ninjas and experts like him.

Boolit Master
    Some people's experiences vary................some who just don't get it vary more than others.

Boolit Master
    Sheesh! I had to force myself to finish that thread! Ya just want to look him up and smack the back of his head to get his attention! 40 years of loading eperience? Sounds more like 4 days!

Ya can't cure stooopid!
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master

After reading the entire thread, it is apparent the OP hasn't a clue nor does he want to admit that he MAY have caused the problem! Case in point...the following is a quote from him:

You belief is incorrect; a factory crimp die has no resemblance at all with a sizing die; particularly in 9 MM. 9 MM is a tapered shell so the sizing die contacts the entire surface of the shell to reshape the taper not jsut a carbide collar; that's why lubing 9's is valuable because without lube there is so much pressure on the brass that it accelerates the creation of the bulge at the base of the shell, the lube minimizes that. A factory crimp die has an adjustable collar that extends a taper crimp and forms the cartridge down further where the bullet base is in the shell. I'd take one apart and photograph one but mine are all set and don't want to have to reset them.

Obviously he is NOT thinking about what has been said to him. I would think that a light might go off in his head that removing the said "bulge" in the case would be in fact swaging the boolit down. It seems to me that this is a classic case of "throwing pears before swine" because he has no interest in learning from others or listening to the well intentioned comments. His mind is set and NOTHING will change it.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Banned

I'd have to agree with the vendor, tell the OP to take his business elsewhere. He's an idiot.

Unfortunatley there is no helping him, because he doesn't want to be helped.

My favorite myth is the one about not being able to shoot cast in a rifle faster than 1200fps with out leading.

I offered a fellow to let him shoot my 35 whelen with my cast boolits and then check for leading.

The deal was he would have to shoot the WHOLE box of 50 rounds and THEN check. Well 180gr going 2400fps in a 6pound gun gives quite a kick, so I'd be sure the impression left on him would be multifold when the test was done. Still waiting for him to do the shooting part.

Boolit Grand Master

There are lots of folks out there that elected a false promise in 2008. Many still think they did the right thing, and will do it again in 2012. It's like not seeing the forrest because the trees are in the way.
    This loader simply refuses, to see his mistake, because he wont accept the responsibility, for what he did.

Banned

I wanna know how he got all the leading out of his barrel.

NOBODY TELL HIM THE EASY WAY TO DO IT!

Boolit Grand Master
    He probably bought a new barrel- his was obviously ruined. Maybe The bullet company will get sued for the cost of the barrel?

Banned

I suggest the OP go back to using jacketed bullets.

Love Life
    I got this.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post

I love the "I have 40 years of experience" so it can't be me!
    He has absolutely no clue about shooting cast but I bet he is the range expert on them.
    what a maroon.
    May I explain that statement?

He has ONE year of experience - 40 times.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Grand Master
    Ah yes, the instant expert. My favorite kind.

This is the kind of guy who gives cast a bad name. I have run into his type on occasion, I tend to ignore them. They are best left to marinate in their own stupidity.

Love Life
    I feel stupider after reading all that. I am now afraid to go cast and reload.

It doesn't matter if its 4 or 40 years, If you don't fix your mistakes and do things correctly you are still wrong.

I'm still finding things I've been doing wrong or the hard way. Easy is better.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I would like to thank the members here that have posted on that thread, for not directing him here!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Ignorance is curable, stupidity is terminal.

Jim
    Cast boolets are the true and rightious path to shooting bliss.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I would like to thank the members here that have posted on that thread, for not directing him here!
    I hope nobody is dumb enough to direct him here. The mods will kill the guilty party for the grief it will cause. One guy like him could get half the members here banned!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I hear that!
    His first thread here would probably result in a dozen of us being banned ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Moderator Emeritus

If the joker does show up and carries on here like he does there, he won't last long....
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Quote Originally Posted by arkypete View Post
    Ignorance is curable, stupidity is terminal.

Jim
    Yes, and the stupid often don't know their ignorance. Fatal flaw of knowing it all.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast