Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: $35 case tumbler

Boolit Mold

Talking $35 case tumbler

Just ordered this last night. Quick n easy case tumbler from Amazon $35.99 with free super saver shipping!

http://www.amazon.com/Frankford-****...9034888&sr=8-2

Boolit Master

Do yourself a favor and order some good media and get some NuFinish car wax.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/52...bs_blast_media

Boolit Master

I see "NuFinish" mentioned in many of the threads regarding brass tumbling. What does the NuFinish car wax do? Does it speed up the process or just make the brass look better or shinier? When I want bright and shiny brass, I've used jeweler's rouge. The rouge makes the brass look brand new or like highly polished gold but takes more time in the tumbler. An acquaintance that sells brass at gunshows uses the rouge claiming he can get a better price for his used brass.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    I see "NuFinish" mentioned in many of the threads regarding brass tumbling. What does the NuFinish car wax do? Does it speed up the process or just make the brass look better or shinier? When I want bright and shiny brass, I've used jeweler's rouge. The rouge makes the brass look brand new or like highly polished gold but takes more time in the tumbler. An acquaintance that sells brass at gunshows uses the rouge claiming he can get a better price for his used brass.
    It makes the brass shinnier and keeps the dust down a bit.

it also has wax in it that imparts a little protection IMHO at least , that rouge alone doesnt
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

In Remembrance

I have a Frankford tumbler and a Cabella's and while I like them they had a glitch that I just had to mess with, I do that kind of thing. I had a Lyman for years and it had a raised area in the center that seemed to aggitate the brass and media where as the Frankford and Cabella's models just rotated the media and brass around the bowl like a merry go round.
    I took a two dollar 1/2 pint funnel from wally world and trimmed the edge that you pour into and shortened the spout end about 3/4 inch. I then took a nozzle from a tube of permatex type sealer and cut the hole big enough to slide over the threaded rod for the lid, shoved it in the funnel to keep it centered, added a flat washer and a nut to hold it down.
    Now the brass and media churns top to bottom as it goes around the bowl, kind of like a washing machine or the old Lyman Turbo. I put a clothes pin in there so you could get an idea of the size of the funnel.

Always gotta be messin with somethin.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Lead-1,

That's a slick little improvement to that tumbler.

azredneck,

Nu Finish car polish does a couple of things. But the main thing it does is make pistol brass slicker so it will run through a progressive much smoother. After that, everything else it does is gravy. Since it's one of the least expensive car polishes and you can get it at Wal Mart and the Dollar Store, it's an ideal choice for brass polish. One other positive benefit is you get a lot more of it than you do buying stuff with "brass polish" on the label.

Other positive things about t it: Makes the brass and tumbler media smell much better. Keeps the dust down. Shines the brass up nicely. Is available at local stores, so when you run out, you can have the wife pick another bottle up when she's shopping at Wally World, rather than having to order it from Midwayusa. You can use it to wax your car, two coats does a good job and lasts a good long time. Doesn't take much in your tumbler to shine your brass.
    Last edited by DaveInFloweryBranchGA; 10-20-2011 at 07:14 AM.

In Remembrance

Get media from DrillSpot, cheap and free shipping.

Boolit Master

Since nobody else has said it yet, throw in a used dryer sheet to catch a whole bunch of the dust and soot. That funnel upgrade is genius. That's such a good deal that I'm trying hard not to buy an extra tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by lead-1 View Post
    I have a Frankford tumbler and a Cabella's and while I like them they had a glitch that I just had to mess with, I do that kind of thing. I had a Lyman for years and it had a raised area in the center that seemed to aggitate the brass and media where as the Frankford and Cabella's models just rotated the media and brass around the bowl like a merry go round.
    I took a two dollar 1/2 pint funnel from wally world and trimmed the edge that you pour into and shortened the spout end about 3/4 inch. I then took a nozzle from a tube of permatex type sealer and cut the hole big enough to slide over the threaded rod for the lid, shoved it in the funnel to keep it centered, added a flat washer and a nut to hold it down.
    Now the brass and media churns top to bottom as it goes around the bowl, kind of like a washing machine or the old Lyman Turbo. I put a clothes pin in there so you could get an idea of the size of the funnel.

Always gotta be messin with somethin.

Does this mod reduce the time it takes to clean the brass or does it allow the tumbler to do an overall better job?

Improvise, adapt, overcome !!! Works every time

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by UNIQUEDOT View Post
    Does this mod reduce the time it takes to clean the brass or does it allow the tumbler to do an overall better job?

I actually think it does speed up the process by close to 1/2 the time because the brass goes in two different directions now. IE, I know for a fact that the time it took me to rid the brass case lube is at least cut in half, the brass now not only rides in a circle around the bowl but now it churns top to bottom also.

Banned
    lead-1 you have my

But what is the clothes peg for?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Thief View Post
    [

But what is the clothes peg for?
    In post six he said it was for scale.

In Remembrance

As UNIQUEDOT said, I put it in there so you could tell how big the funnel actually is, just a little 1/2 pinter.