MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Accurate Mold

Boolit Bub

Rick,

Good to hear from you. Surprised I haven't run into you and your sidekick the last few weeks. Rest assured, I'll have a few of these on hand next time I see you.

David

Quote Originally Posted by onesonek View Post
    . . . I'm not sure Tom would do something deliberately like that. . .
    That is precisely why I used the phrase "even if the worst that could be though to be was true" in my previous post. I'm not saying that is what he did; what I am saying is that even in the worst case scenario I would be willing to trust that Tom had his reasons.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo1889 View Post
    That is precisely why I used the phrase "even if the worst that could be though to be was true" in my previous post. I'm not saying that is what he did; what I am saying is that even in the worst case scenario I would be willing to trust that Tom had his reasons.

Yeah I know,,,and I didn't think it wrong for you to post as such.
    Dave

Banned

I see RMK has logged on this evening, but still no pics after quite a few days. I think we can put this one to rest. Interesting thread, though.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    you were maybe thinking otherwise ?
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Banned

Some part of me still wants to expect that people will do what they say, or if they open their mouth they will be prepared to back it up with facts. It's a character flaw of mine.

Gear

Apparently you expect too much. I guess we were all to just take his word that Tom gave him a bad product and then told him to shine on.

I had some questions about my mold and Tom went above and beyond (as usual) to answer all my questions. But then again I am willing to communicate with him and not blame him.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

answer to op

His problem may be that for what ever reason those that speak from the lower area of the body have not figured out how to answer a mistake with it also. Later David CC
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Some part of me still wants to expect that people will do what they say, or if they open their mouth they will be prepared to back it up with facts. It's a character flaw of mine.

Gear
    Yeah, me too.
    And even moreso, that he brought in his own personal business, I expected more.
    If he wants, he can still redeem himself here, and would be thought more highly of in doing so. Evidently he don't think so, or he thinks he above and beyond such matters. As he has let at least 2 oppritunities go by. In doing so, his credibility is akin to the Titanic. I would like to give him some benefit of the doubt, as of yet. But soon to reach bottom, his chances of staying afloat are getting less, each time he logs in. But I think you're right Gear, this is history for the most part.
    Dave

Boolit Master
    You know I have read several of you badmouth Lee, Lyman, Saeco, RCBS many, many times. Many of the molds were replaced immediately by their makers in a very satisfactory way. Still, the question was raised about the integrity, quality control, and companies themselves in general.

Can you imagine if someone told us the tale of dealing with Lyman, and they brought forth an email from Lyman saying "What hole? Where?" Lyman would be burned at the stake!

One of these guys is wrong, either the mold is messed up or it ain't. Why drag your good company name through the dirt over one lousy mold? Tom could sell that mold here in seconds if it is perfect. Why not just take it back? It is exactly what you would expect of Lee, Lyman, or RCBS RIGHT?

I guess that is one of the reasons I am sticking with NOE. They have a 100% no questions money back guarantee. All of them have been perfect so far, but who knows? I would hate to get some kind of snarky comment from Al if I thought a mold was not up to snuff. He would never do that anyway, and I think it speaks volumes.

This is a BAD business move IMO.

I am glad to know this because just yesterday I was perusing the Accurate Mold catalog and picked out four designs I want. I even dropped out of an NOE buy so I could order one.

I will say it again, it is BAD business.

I am taking notes.
    Last edited by Suo Gan; 10-27-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Grand Master
    Take it for what it is worth
    RMK admittedly not a machinist
    probably mistook a sprue hole for a bad cav
    I have gotten plenty of Toms molds and being a machinist and a Q/C inspector
    know good machine work when I see it
    If Tom sold Junk I would not buy it
    RMK is obviously new to casting and the use of good molds
    the fact he shows no photo's speaks volumes
    so if the jerk fits
    Last edited by white eagle; 10-27-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by Suo Gan View Post
    You know I have read several of you badmouth Lee, Lyman, Saeco, RCBS many, many times. Many of the molds were replaced immediately by their makers in a very satisfactory way. Still, the question was raised about the integrity, quality control, and companies themselves in general.

Can you imagine if someone told us the tale of dealing with Lyman, and they brought forth an email from Lyman saying "What hole? Where?" Lyman would be burned at the stake!

One of these guys is wrong, either the mold is messed up or it ain't. Why drag your good company name through the dirt over one lousy mold? Tom could sell that mold here in seconds if it is perfect. Why not just take it back? It is exactly what you would expect of Lee, Lyman, or RCBS RIGHT?

I guess that is one of the reasons I am sticking with NOE. They have a 100% no questions money back guarantee. All of them have been perfect so far, but who knows? I would hate to get some kind of snarky comment from Al if I thought a mold was not up to snuff. He would never do that anyway, and I think it speaks volumes.

This is a BAD business move IMO.

I am glad to know this because just yesterday I was perusing the Accurate Mold catalog and picked out four designs I want. I even dropped out of an NOE buy so I could order one.

I will say it again, it is BAD business.

I am taking notes.

You obviously know nothing about Tom and have never done business. Taking the word of some one who has 3 posts over a well respected business man not only on this site but several others ok I'm taking notes as well. Thank you for letting us know where you stand

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onesonek View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    And even moreso, that he brought in his own personal business, I expected more.
    If he wants, he can still redeem himself here, and would be thought more highly of in doing so. Evidently he don't think so, or he thinks he above and beyond such matters. As he has let at least 2 oppritunities go by. In doing so, his credibility is akin to the Titanic. I would like to give him some benefit of the doubt, as of yet. But soon to reach bottom, his chances of staying afloat are getting less, each time he logs in. But I think you're right Gear, this is history for the most part.
    Put the shoe on the other foot. What if this was happening to you? Just because you guys say jump, does not mean someone else will say how high. Some folks just dig their heels in and say stuff it! RMK does not have to make anything right by any of you. I am sticking up for him because I do not think he is getting a fair shake in this deal at all.

Banned

Bad business move to ask a simple clarifying question? I'm taking notes, too, and it looks like you might be in that 2-1/2% category that Tom doesn't need for a customer, but that would be a shame.

That's not the sort of Email Lyman sends, their Emails go something like this: Mould is within specifications with Linotype alloy. (with the implied "have a nice life" afterward.)

Gear

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboredad View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Tom and have never done business. Taking the word of some one who has 3 posts over a well respected business man not only on this site but several others ok I'm taking notes as well. Thank you for letting us know where you stand
    Look, I would not be questioning anyone if this was handled correctly. People make mistakes. This was a minor problem, that should have been dealt with in a more kindly manner. "Please send me pics" or "Oh my, please send it back so I can take a look at it" NOT "What hole? Where" That is something I would expect a used car salesman to come up with.

I do not have to do business with someone in order to make a direct judgement call on how they deal with things. It is called common sense.

I always try to stand on the side of what is right.

Banned

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if this was happening to you? Just because you guys say jump, does not mean someone else will say how high. Some folks just dig their heels in and say stuff it! RMK does not have to make anything right by any of you. I am sticking up for him because I do not think he is getting a fair shake in this deal at all.
    Simple situation. RMK buys a custom mould, thinks there is something wrong with it (none of us have any idea whether that is true or not, but by his own admission he doesn't know enough about casting, machine work, or boolit moulds to tell for sure), inquires of the manufacturer vaguely as to the problem, manufacturer asks for clarification, doesn't get it, then customer proceeds to publicly badmouth the moulds, manufacturer, and his service. HOW IS THAT A FAIR SHAKE TO TOM?

If you go running your mouth about a product in public you automatically owe it to your audience (in this case, the forum members) to prove your point. If it were a private matter between RMK and Tom and they had an open line of communication going (which WAS the case until RMK dropped off the face of the earth) toward resolution, then RMK owes us nothing.

Gear

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Bad business move to ask a simple clarifying question? I'm taking notes, too, and it looks like you might be in that 2-1/2% category that Tom doesn't need for a customer, but that would be a shame.

That's not the sort of Email Lyman sends, their Emails go something like this: Mould is within specifications with Linotype alloy. (with the implied "have a nice life" afterward.)

Gear
    You have badmouthed Lyman repeatedly. I have never got a bad Lyman mold. So are you a liar? Should you have to prove that each statement you have made about the quality control of Lyman molds?

PUT THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT. YOU ARE BIASED IN THIS INSTANCE.

Banned

Look, I would not be questioning anyone if this was handled correctly. People make mistakes. This was a minor problem, that should have been dealt with in a more kindly manner. "Please send me pics" or "Oh my, please send it back so I can take a look at it" NOT "What hole? Where" That is something I would expect a used car salesman to come up with.

I do not have to do business with someone in order to make a direct judgement call on how they deal with things. It is called common sense.

I don't think you know enough about the situation, or Accurate Molds to have even one leg to stand on the side of what you think is "right". If you make snap judgments about an entire business over the way a question was phrased, you won't ever be happy with anything.

I'm thinking you've never done business with Veral Smith. I can tell you right now, don't bother.

Gear

since you are taking notes I asked NOE what I thought was a legitimate question about shipping. The answer I get I felt was short rude and very condescending. How ever I put on mt big boy pants and reread what I sent and put myself in his shoes and could see how what I sent could be read the same way. I didn't come on here and bad mouth Al or his business. I bought the mold I was looking for and moved on. Again Just taking notes

Here is the situation. RMK owns one of my 1st generation molds. He likes it.
    He recently purchased a new mold, which is my current, 3rd generation. This improved design uses set screws with the sprew plate hardware instead of bottomed out shoulder screws. I use the biggest, longest set screws possible, because I want my customers to be able to put some torque on them.
    It appears to me that RMK was taken aback when he encountered one of the new set screw holes. I simply asked for details so that I could save the time and expense of shipping, and instead just explain the need and use for the new hole.
    My response was neither rude nor curt. I did not want to inconvenience him with a request for a pic, since a simple location description would have been adequate.
    When I never heard back from him, and still have not, I assumed that he figured out what the hole was for and was too embarrassed to reply. It has become obvious that this is the case.
    A bullet mold is a tool, not a piece of furniture, and utility, durability, strength and function are far greater priorities than appearance.
    I make one of a kind custom molds, and I give free replacement or refund if the mold is out of spec, or defective in any other way.
    I will never refund or replace just because someone feels it’s not pretty enough.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast