Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Accurate Mold

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I see the secret's out! Lots of posts about Tom's excellent moulds lately, hopefully he'll be around for a long time, especially since BRP ceased operations.

Gear

Yeah, I just ordered from Tom a couple of days ago, its a three week wait. He is definately a busy man! And I also hope he is around for a long time.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    Yeah, I just ordered from Tom a couple of days ago, its a three week wait. He is definately a busy man! And I also hope he is around for a long time.
    It's been couple months or more since I got my last, when Tom had 2 weeks posted. I wouldn't be suprised however, if you see the mold show up before that 3 week date. Not saying that will be the case, just good possibility.
    It is good to see him busy, that don't suprise me either. And yes, I hope he is around making molds for sometime to come also. It will be a great loss when Tom decides to retire!
    Dave

I ordered my last mold less than 3 weeks ago and I already have it. But I only live a few hours north of him so I would guess I was only a day or two in the mail.

Boolit Man

I now have two of Tom's molds and I am very happy with both the molds and his fast service. I have the 45-230L and a 45-260K both in brass and they make beautiful bullets.

I find it really odd the first post from rmk is to bring controversy to Tom's great molds and excellent customer service. A couple of days to to take pics? or is it a couple of days to figure out how to clean up a never used mold and make a extra hole. things that make you hmmm

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I just ordered my first Accurate Mold end of last week. And Tom replied to my several emails very quick and answered all the questions. He also sent me an e-mail when he received my payment. So my experience so far is very good and has been excellent communication. But I can't comment on quality of work yet because I haven't received it yet. I was planning on it taking 3+ weeks but maybe I will get it sooner.

Bardo
    It came yesterday and I casted some last night. Now I can comment on his quality of work - A+. I got a brass 3 cavity and the boolits cast so smooth I don't even want to shot them, but I did.

Bardo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Herb3 View Post
    I now have two of Tom's molds and I am very happy with both the molds and his fast service. I have the 45-230L and a 45-260K both in brass and they make beautiful bullets.
    The 45-230L is my baby, had Tom work it up for me primarily with my Kimber .45 in mind. That pistol tends to go to premature slide lock with boolits of the "ball" profile (Lyman 452374 comes to mind). I based the design on the Lee TL452-230-2R but got rid of the bevel-base and the weak microbands that were always giving me trouble. All my .45s gobble them up like candy, how's it working for you?

Gear

Boolit Man

The 45-230L is my baby, had Tom work it up for me primarily with my Kimber .45 in mind. That pistol tends to go to premature slide lock with boolits of the "ball" profile (Lyman 452374 comes to mind). I based the design on the Lee TL452-230-2R but got rid of the bevel-base and the weak microbands that were always giving me trouble. All my .45s gobble them up like candy, how's it working for you?

Gear
    Gear I picked that mold after reading one of your posts about it here and it has been fantastic in my Springfield GI 45 and a buddy's PT1911. Very accurate and no feed issues at all.

Banned

Thanks for the feedback Herb3, glad it's working as well for you as it is for my guns. I don't know how you lube yours, but I like to plug all the holes in my H die except for one plane (four on the same level) and line them up with the middle land. The holes are larger than the land, so it fills both grooves with one set of holes and no leakage on the base or above the top band.

Gear

Boolit Man

Thanks for the feedback Herb3, glad it's working as well for you as it is for my guns. I don't know how you lube yours, but I like to plug all the holes in my H die except for one plane (four on the same level) and line them up with the middle land. The holes are larger than the land, so it fills both grooves with one set of holes and no leakage on the base or above the top band.

Gear
    I don't have a Lube-sizer yet so pan lubing them here for now but it looks like I might be getting an almost new LAM II if things work out

I was scouting around for a mold for my .35 Rem. and e-mailed Tom when I did not see anything close to what I wanted. The next day I got an email stating "I added the 36-175R to the catalog for you sir." I looked at it, filled out the order form and sat back to wait the three weeks. In two weeks I had what looks to be a perfect Accurate Mold. Under a lighted magnifying glass it looks perfect. I haven't gotten around to using it yet, other unfinished projects are in the way, but I am perfectly satisfied with my mold and the handling of the order.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

That pistol tends to go to premature slide lock with boolits of the "ball" profile (Lyman 452374 comes to mind).

Gear
    Gear-Could it be the inside part of the slide lock shows brass marks indicating it may need to be filed or stoned a bit? I had a similar problem with a boolit once-can't recall which as it's been long ago, because the ogive was hitting the slide stop too soon.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

Banned

ColColt, filing would indeed fix it, replacing it with a Wilson Combat extended slide release fixes it too, and maintaining top-quality magazines with snug followers and tight lips that control the position of the top cartridge better and prevent it from walking forward into the slide stop lever helped. The problem can exist on many guns, and after playing with this issue and several Kimbers for a while I determined that I'd like the rebated nose base anyway, plus it cuts cleaner holes in the paper.

Gear

I also figured this design would help prevent the slide lock issue for people who had no interest in modifying their guns.

The one time I had a problem similar was with a S&W 457 and stock magazines. I have never(knock on wood) had any problem with Wilson 47D, ETM or Tripp mags in the 1911 format with any shape boolit. My mainstay is the 200 gr SWC, however. I figure if any pistol will feed those it's likely to feed anything else. The aforementioned 457 had problems with the Ranger T 230 gr for some reason.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

No-one can provide 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time and still make a living when running their own small business. I would even go so far to say that even if you remove the "still make a living" qualifier 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time is an un-achievable goal.

That said, Tom @ Accurate Molds comes pretty darn close. I personally in my own business dealings have found it beneficial to strive to maintain 95+% customer satisfaction and the other 5% or so are split in half where I take a loss to keep one half of them fairly happy and the other half I try to make sure they know better then to do business with me again because I don't want them back and would not even wish them upon most of my direct competition and then rely upon the other 97.5% giving me enough PR capital to cover me when I do have to get rid of the 2.5% or so of the customer base that I wouldn't wish upon most of my direct competitors.

Long story short, I have gotten nothing but A+ service from Tom in all of my dealings with him and even if the worst that could be though to be was true and he did deliberately drive off one particular customer I am willing to accept that as an act of self defense and personal preservation (both financially and in terms of his own sanity) on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1889 View Post
    No-one can provide 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time and still make a living when running their own small business. I would even go so far to say that even if you remove the "still make a living" qualifier 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time is an un-achievable goal.

I agree with that totally.

That said, Tom @ Accurate Molds comes pretty darn close. I personally in my own business dealings have found it beneficial to strive to maintain 95+% customer satisfaction and the other 5% or so are split in half where I take a loss to keep one half of them fairly happy and the other half I try to make sure they know better then to do business with me again because I don't want them back and would not even wish them upon most of my direct competition and then rely upon the other 97.5% giving me enough PR capital to cover me when I do have to get rid of the 2.5% or so of the customer base that I wouldn't wish upon most of my direct competitors.

And I also agree with that.

Long story short, I have gotten nothing but A+ service from Tom in all of my dealings with him and even if the worst that could be though to be was true and he did deliberately drive off one particular customer I am willing to accept that as an act of self defense and personal preservation (both financially and in terms of his own sanity) on his part.
    A+ service is what I have received as well. But I don't think the other part was the case here. I'm not sure Tom would do something deliberately like that.
    Clearly, as I see it anyhow,,, Tom was taken aback by the email, and just simply asked what and where. Some how, rmk took offense to the short response, and chose not to persue it further. That is, until he made the post here,,of which, I don't think hurt Tom one darn bit, imho!!!! I do have my suspicion's as to what rmk was refering, but simply did not understand the reasoning or function. Had he persued it, and answered Tom's questions, all would have been resolved without issue, or incident.
    He certainly could have helped himself here somewhat, but evidently decided against that too, as he was on yesterday, and chose not to settle something he started on an open forum. Evidently his ego and arrogance, is prohibiting him from following up on something he said he would do,,,,,,where's the photo? My guess is, he figured it out, and isn't man enough to apologize.
    Dave

Boolit Master
    I ordered two more brass molds from Tom on Wed 10/19. They arrived here in Pasadena,CA on Monday 10/24 !!! AMAZING service ! AMAZING quality !!!

One of the Group Buys I honchoed through LEE Precision took OVER one year !!

Now that Bruce has closed down BRP Tom gets all of my custom mold work !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

I was fortunate enough to get one of Bruce's moulds, before he shut down BRP. An excellent mould, that came with excellent service as well. That one won't ever leave my possesion either.
    Last edited by onesonek; 10-25-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Dave

Boolit Bub
    I'm still a beginner casting. I've only purchased one mould so far and it was from Tom @ AM. The biggest reason for that purchase was his service prior to the sale. I received straightforward, and what I determined to be knowledgable answers from a person who had a lot of pride in his work. My mould arrived in perfect condition and actually a little sooner than what I was quoted. I' ready to purchase a 9mm mold for my S&W 9c and will be contacting Tom shortly to get his expert reccomendations.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Oz View Post
    43-240T. Ordered 10/11, arrived 10/17. Already cast first batch.
    Fast service, beautiful mould, good looking boolits.
    I'll be saving up for another.

Nice looking mold! If ya don't mind, cast up a bunch & keep with your shooting gear. I'll pick them up the next time we meet up at Swan Creek

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast