Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2

Thread: 25acp vest pocket

Boolit Buddy

25acp vest pocket

I stuck one of these reference sites at the end of both lively .25ACP threads, but thought to post both it and another here, for the edification of all other suckers like myself who have trouble passing up cute little vest pocket guns for hurling lead.....
    http://www.vestpockets.bauli.at/ is great for us dinky auto addicts, and if you hit the "archive" link on the left, it will pull up thumbnails by make/model which are clickable which show the guns assembled/field-stripped/disassembled along with description and production history in English (sorta) by clicking the "E" to the right of each model....
    http://www.derringer.de/oldi.htm is another great site, which when a maker's name is clicked, will bring up a list of all models by that maker, each model name clickable for great close-up photos and production history/specifications (text in German, but production numbers are self-evident)....
    both are great sites for IDing those oddball little poppers that turn up from time to time.....
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 09-26-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: edited title only

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

vest

did not work says gateway time out. i'l try later

Super Moderator

..............It worked for me just now.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Picture H&R

This is my "vest pocket gun" A 16 oz H&R 32 S&W Long
    Last edited by Shooter6br; 05-23-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Boolit Master
    Anyone know of a source for replacement barrels for a Colt Vest Pocket .25 acp. Its the very early model, I think its their first model of the .25 made around 1907 or 1908.

A friend has the stripped pistol with a box full of new old stock replacement innards, with only the barrel as yet not found. I'd like to help him get this old pistol put back together.

Boolit Mold
    Here is mine. It is the only Colt I own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25 Calibre 002.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Mine is the Bayard 32 acp pistol, and the vestpocket webpage was the first one I found to help me in identifying it. It was my grandfather's or uncle's gun we are not sure which and both have passed on years ago.

Its in relatively good shape for the age but is missing one of those screws holding the grip in place, so far I haven't found a replacement.Joe
    Last edited by Jal5; 10-02-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

add a set of ivory grips and Chief RID"S gun would look like mine which formerly belonged to my grandfather. Some say Colt did not offer Ivory grips but I have them crack down the length and all.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Vendor Sponsor

Thumbs up

Chief RID

Mine looks a lot like yours. Mine is hard to ID. Your picture cuts off the back end of the action, Is it hammerless? Mine has a small hammer and it might be assembled by Colt from foreign parts.

None the less, it is an easy palm gun to CC and is much better than hand to hand combat with an armed aggressor: especially if I am armed with the little 25-ACP AND surprise!
    Chill Wills

Boolit Mold
    Sorry on the late reply. I did not realize until today that I was not subscribed to a thread automatically when I posted to it. Mine is hammerless. Sorry about the cut off photo.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks again for all your help.

gclub

Boolit Master
    Wax boolits are a hoot.
    Can only be loaded singly, but fun.

I want to try some hot glue boolits next, primer powered on wax and gluebits.
    Make no mistake.
    They are real bullets and must be treated as such. They are not blanks.
    Have fun.Be safe.
    Last edited by Alferd Packer; 03-29-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Good info here!

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    mtngunr,
    I know this an old post, but thanks for the link to vestpockest@bauli.at. Like you, I can't pass up a great old vest pocket. The link is great and breaks down each gun to its individual parts. It's very difficult to get that detail elsewhere. Occasionally, NRA magazine will feature one of these models, with the story behind it, but that's rare.
    Again, thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief RID View Post
    This looks like a "Junior Colt". Manufactured by Astra in Spain for Colt. I had one in 25 Auto. Also had the conversion kit for it. Kit swapped out barrel and springs to convert it to 22 short. Kinda neat! Alas, a fellow came along with a wad of cash and I let it go. Sigh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chief RID View Post
    Back in the early 1970s I owned one of these Colt vest pocket autos. Mine had hard rubber grips with the logo consistent with the Roaring 20s. The barrel was a little pitted, indicating corrosive ammo being used, but it shot well, even with those microscopic sights.

An interesting side note is that the striker firing pin is interchangeable with the Browning 1910 in .32 and .380.
    Since JB also marketed both pistols as FN products, it just made sense. The 1910 is unique in that it can be converted from .32 to .380 (and vice versa) by simply swapping the barrel. Same magazine, same slide, and same recoil spring. I was able to acquire a .380 barrel locally for cheap and did exactly this. Worked perfectly.
    Last edited by Prairie Cowboy; 12-10-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sackett View Post
    This looks like a "Junior Colt". Manufactured by Astra in Spain for Colt. I had one in 25 Auto. Also had the conversion kit for it. Kit swapped out barrel and springs to convert it to 22 short. Kinda neat! Alas, a fellow came along with a wad of cash and I let it go. Sigh.....
    This was also known as the Astra Cub.
    (I owned one in .22 Short)
    It seems to me that a new slide would also be required in that kit to convert from the center-fire .25 ACP to the rim-fire .22 Short.

Boolit Buddy
    I think that they are the "cat's pajamas" (as my sainted daddy would say). More .25 ACP pistols that can virtually 'disappear' on your person.

Works for me!
    "Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... it's Captain Obvious!
    "Living well is the best revenge" - George Herbert.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

Boolit Bub
    I carried one in a pants pocket whilst working narcotics detail. was never spotted or "needed" once!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicanjoe View Post
    I carried one in a pants pocket whilst working narcotics detail. was never spotted or "needed" once!
    I agree 100%! When they aren't noticed, these pistols/revolvers can come in mighty handy. I would like to see someone reengineer a "Velodog" revolver in either .25 NAA, or .32 ACP. Such a revolver need carry but five rounds to be immediately effective as a "get off me" handgun.
    "Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... it's Captain Obvious!
    "Living well is the best revenge" - George Herbert.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp