WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bullshop, 22 CCM

Very possible. I'm torn between pursuing this in rechambering a Handi 22lr or going with a Hornet.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    Very possible. I'm torn between pursuing this in rechambering a Handi 22lr or going with a Hornet.
    Hornet!!!!!!

Vendor Sponsor

Hornet. Been around a long time
    Will be around a long time
    When you decide to sell your customer base will be much larger
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Hornet. Been around a long time
    Will be around a long time
    When you decide to sell your customer base will be much larger
    You'll also know you are paying for BRASS. You won't suspect you are paying for GOLD!

Boolit Mold
    I have a cooper 38, serial in the low 100's but I have never fired or had ammo for. I see form dies listed but no explanation of forming etc. I assume the rcbs forming die is run over a 22 hornet, stopped just shy of solid part just before head, then case is trimmed to length and base and head turned to correct diameter. Does this sound about right? Im not new to wildcats or afraid of a little work , just cant find any real step by step on brass forming

edited, I removed your WTB brass,please post in WTB section
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 05-15-2016 at 07:58 PM. Reason: we have a WTB section

Moderator Emeritus

panaceabeachbum,
    Bullshop has been banned from castboolits, although he is still a friend of mine, if you do a simple google search, you may find he has started his own forum and/or webpage. I believe he still sells boolits, so I imagine, if you caught him on the right day, he may sell you formed brass as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum View Post
    I have a cooper 38, serial in the low 100's but I have never fired or had ammo for. I see form dies listed but no explanation of forming etc. I assume the rcbs forming die is run over a 22 hornet, stopped just shy of solid part just before head, then case is trimmed to length and base and head turned to correct diameter. Does this sound about right? Im not new to wildcats or afraid of a little work , just cant find any real step by step on brass forming

edited, I removed your WTB brass,please post in WTB section
    Turning the Base/rim after sizing only to the top of the Base web is a good way to get weak cases as the Wall above the Web is swaged in and leaves the Wall to Web joint 'large' and subject to Thinning to ZERO in the turning process. Look for the Thread on .32 Rimfire Reloading as it has a discussion on reforming .22 Hornet down to the Rim to .276" diameter, which might give you some Ideas.

Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 02-28-2018 at 07:30 PM.

In Remembrance
    Bullshop had brass for the 22ccm, but as far as I know he purchased it from some outfit in Cali, and did not form his own. I did get to handle that single six that he had converte dto ccm, would have loved to have owned it, coupled with the cooper rifle.

Brass can be had from Schroeder in San Diego for $60/100. Already made from .22 Hornet.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Bullshop, 22 CCM

Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    Brass can be had from Schroeder in San Diego for $60/100. Already made from .22 Hornet.
    This would be the way to go I think. When I called Schroeder, the guy told me that there's 14 steps to converting 22 hornet to 22 CCM.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Sounds reasonable based upon my experiences swaging down .22 Hornet and 5.7x28mm Brass to .276" body and base diameters. I can Just barely do the Hornet in One swaging step but need at least three swaging steps to bring the 5.7x28mm diameters down to the Same .276" end product.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    What is "Schroeder" contact information?
    Address, Telephone number, Email address, Web page address, Etc.
    Best Regards,
    Chev. Willaim

Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    What is "Schroeder" contact information?
    Address, Telephone number, Email address, Web page address, Etc.
    Best Regards,
    Chev. Willaim
    http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/scbu.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Just noted that Buffalo Arms, Inc. is now selling .22CCM empty cases As reloading supplies.

chev. william

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    Just noted that Buffalo Arms, Inc. is now selling .22CCM empty cases As reloading supplies.

chev. william
    If you want enough to actually load, Reed's ammo and Schroeder still sell CCM brass as well. Reed's is about $1 a piece, and Shcroeder is about $0.60.

It is time consuming to make from hornet brass, and you're not starting with the cheapest parent case either. I don't know if there are 14 steps in making it, but I wouldn't make it for $0.60 a piece...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Oops big difference between tcm and ccm.

Boolit Master
    I took a few looks at the CCM and decided I already had enough rifles in Hornet and Bee to get me by without having to do all the search for brass, dies and loading data for this caliber. I am not new to wildcats but this one is so limited in what it offers when compared against existing cartridges I took a pass on it.

Back in around 1972-3 I also had a Handi in 22 Hornet. Applied a scope to it and worked with it about 2 years trying to get it to create respectable groups. The trigger in that rifle was so heavy and draggy I could not hold the rifle steady even on a bench. Out of frustration I sent it away. That was then, and today I would love to have it back and to cure it of what ailed it. Bad case of seller's remorse. I also get frumpy over the Marlin model 62 in .30 Carbine I let go because it refused to chamber up any handloaded brass (even unloaded and trimmed) because the dies would not reduce the web enough to fit the chamber. Now that challenge could be corrected, but the rifle is long gone and I still miss it. Now I will stay with my Winchester 43's in Hornet and Bee and make peace with the world.

Hope you guys don't mind me dredging up an old thread... but I've gotten pretty deep into this cartridge by accident... independently developing a cartridge that was the same… during one of the last ( 3 or so shortages ago ) my retired tool & die buddy worked with me to make a centerfire 22 equivalent… as a collector, I have a Velo-dog revolver, & several boxes of the last Fiocchi produced Velo-dog ammo… we started with my Stainless Taurus 22 rim fire magnum 4” barrel revolver, converting it to centerfire, rechambering slightly the 8 shot cylinder, then we lathe turned some cases… we did this quite a while ago… then in 2018 ( years late & dollars short ) I bought a box of 22 CCM ammo from Reeds, just because I could never quite pull my mind away from that project… low & behold, those cartridges fit, fired perfectly in my converted Taurus… so this got me thinking again, & I bought a Bisley Single Six in 32 Magnum, & it’s at John Powers shop getting a new barrel, & an 8 shot cylinder built ( to match the Taurus I built earlier )…

I’m now scrounging cases… & cleaned out the Fiocchi cases that Reeds had, as well as all the turned down & formed cases that Quality Cartridge had...

Do you have current contact info for Schroeder ( the link above is dead ) or any place else that has brass... I'm not afraid of making my own cases, just finished making 500 - 401 Powermag cases, & am in the middle of making 500 10mm rimmed cases for a GP-100 that is at Dave Clements getting converted to 10mm rimmed right now, but with so many projects I'd rather buy these cases if I could... but with current listed prices at Buffalo Arms, I'd probably have to make them...

with my revolvers & rifles, I like to have 500 cases for each gun... I now have close to 500 Velo-dog... err... I mean CCM cases... but that new Bisley Single Six is due home sometime in 2019, so I've got some case scrounging to do... any help would be greatly appreciated

a pic of my Taurus 22 Centerfire / 22 CCM

Lathe turned 303 stainless cases, & custom dies of the original 22 Centerfire...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; 03-28-2019 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional info

BTW... I do realize the value of the Hornet case to these smaller cartridges... about the same time as the 22 Centerfire development, I did a 257 Special, by straightening & trimming the cases to best fit a single six cylinder...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; 03-28-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Interesting, I have a couple of older High Standard revolvers that I wondered about reforming a hammer to strike case center with years ago.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234