RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lubamatic II Die Wrench

Boolit Bub

Lubamatic II Die Wrench

Anyone have an extra one that they want to part with. Would be willing to buy it from you.

Picked up a lube a matic II recently but it did not have the wrench. Called RCBS but it is discontinued. Was wondering if anyone had one laying around or had an idea to help me out.

Thanks,
    George

Boolit Master

This must be a LubAmatic I, not II. The 2nd model is still in action, and uses a T-type set up. The first model uses the same wrench as Lyman, or 1/4" socket/wratchet, or wratchet wrench.

Doug

Boolit Master

I think he's talking about the wrench to take the thin nut off that holds the die itself in.

You mean this, right?

Isn't it the same as the Lyman? I had to get one from them pretty recently.

You can get one here. http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page150.html
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Bub
    Tha is the one Duke. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
    I think he's talking about the wrench to take the thin nut off that holds the die itself in.

You mean this, right?

Isn't it the same as the Lyman? I had to get one from them pretty recently.

You can get one here. http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page150.html

Boolit Master
    If it's for the lube die retaining nut it's not the same as the Lyman tool (pictured)...if it's for the lube reservoir pressure stem...they are made by Chapman and included in a Chapman screwdriver kit. You could get this from Lyman as theirs fits both RCBS and Lyman.

Boolit Grand Master

Nope, the die retaining nut is a American size wrench. I don't remember the exact size, and I'm at work so I can't check until tonite, but I got mine from Sears. Larger than 3/4", maybe 15/16"?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I believe they are 7/8's. But I just use a 10 in adjustable on mine.

Works for me.
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master

Sorry, I missed the original question....it is a 15/16" wrench on mine.

Doug

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought another die wrench from Lyman and then spent a few minutes with my Dremel tool making the die nut cutout just a bit larger, sufficient to allow the wrench to fit over the RCBS LAMII die nut. Once it fit, I smoothed up the ground edges, cold blued them and I was good to go. Oh, and I also put a separate vinyl label on each wrench indicating which lube/sizer the wrench was meant to service.

sleeper1428
    Last edited by sleeper1428; 09-02-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

Boolit Grand Master

Yup, mine is 15/16" too.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    A non-slip adjustable wrench or a combo wrench will work.

Boolit Buddy
    The PN for the Lube-A-Matic I and II 80099, Die Locking Cap Wrench. It is NLA from RCBS. I will probably rework a Lyman one as suggested above. Thanks for listing the size. My gunshow purchase was missing the nut and the wrench. It cleaned up nice, but has seen some use and was missing a few items. It came from an Estate, and it has been my experience that items get a bit strewn and separated when the items get packed up, (thrown in a pile).

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper1428 View Post
    I just bought another die wrench from Lyman and then spent a few minutes with my Dremel tool making the die nut cutout just a bit larger, sufficient to allow the wrench to fit over the RCBS LAMII die nut. Once it fit, I smoothed up the ground edges, cold blued them and I was good to go. Oh, and I also put a separate vinyl label on each wrench indicating which lube/sizer the wrench was meant to service.

sleeper1428
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCBS Wrench.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	293157

Thanks, It took a bit longer, I used a file. The Lyman nut is 7/8" and the RCBS is 15/16", so just a bit bigger. The Lyman wrench is stamped, and not hardened.

The Lube-A-Matic I bought was from an estate or retirement, and the dealer had ordered some of the missing parts from RCBS. I bought it from him and ordered more parts from RCBS. RCBS has a pretty fantastic warranty and the parts arrived by mail the other day. Unfortunately, they were sold out of the wrench, RCBS # 80099.

The picture above is of my reworked Lyman wrench, unfortunately the pair of 4500s I have will have to share the remaining wrench. The advantage to using the flat Lyman style wrench is that it has the tab that acts as a stop so you can quickly reposition the wrench and tighten the nut some more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCBS Lube A Matic.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	293158

It was a pretty clean unit, all I did was take it all apart, lube the moving parts and put it back together. I didn't really need it, but the price was too tempting to pass up. I already have a pair of 4500s, but with all the calibers I cast, it'll be handy to have an extra sizer with a specific lube. Changing lube can be a bit of a hassle. I haven't been a snob about lube or very worried about what the lube was, but my soft cowboy lube doesn't like the pressure when I load some faster ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Ex member The Perfessor makes nut wrenches for Lyman and RCBS presses that are the Cadillac of the genre. He is over on The Art and Science board now. I have no affiliation with him other than satisfied customer.

https://www.artfulbullet.com/index.p...antities.3333/
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    I made a extra wrench for the 1 3/8 RCBS and it is listed in the pay it forward form if any one is interested .