Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Problems with my Lee Classic T.P.

Boolit Master

Problems with my Lee Classic T.P.

My Lee Classic Turret Press started having problems this afternoon. It doesn't completely turn to the next station. It is short to completely change stations by about an 1/8". A lite touch of the finger an it is in the correct position.
    Just guessing but I figure the little square plastic piece has to be replaced.
    Or is there some adjustment that can be made on that center stud?
    Kevin

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes, there definitely is an adjustment, this video explains how it is done :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t9iPthaYPh4

Boolit Master
    Thank you, my press has been doing the same thing.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Banned

I didn't watch the vid, but the square nut at the top of the indexing rod needs to be tweaked a bit to time the die plate with the station detents. Don't overdo it or it will work loose on the threads and need to be re-staked into position, so go at it with the mindset of doing the absolute minimum number of adjustments.

Also, I've found it useful to tap the nut into the cast square hole in the turret base to "seat it in" or it can bind, particularly with the pro-1000 presses.

Gear

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

Lee

Check the square plastic piece that is on the shaft. They will wear out fast if press is not adjusted correctly. Call Lee and order about 6 as they go bad at the wrong times. It is the only bad design on the press. I use a Dillon Blue for many years but purchased the Lee classic and it loads great for smaller runs.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Banned

I keep my index rod oiled and a single index square lasts several thousand rounds. I also polished the square rod with 1,000-grit sandpaper when I first got the press. The square ratchet is both a consumable and a purpose-made weak link, keeps you from breaking other stuff if you get a bad hangup somehow in the turret during indexing.

Gear

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I keep my index rod oiled and a single index square lasts several thousand rounds. I also polished the square rod with 1,000-grit sandpaper when I first got the press. The square ratchet is both a consumable and a purpose-made weak link, keeps you from breaking other stuff if you get a bad hangup somehow in the turret during indexing.

Gear
    I read the press is now being shipped with a metal square piece...does that mean other parts are going to break now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Yes, there definitely is an adjustment, this video explains how it is done :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t9iPthaYPh4
    That video is great.
    The Navy SEALS removed one Muslim threat to America.
    It's up to the voters to remove another.

This is very interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLAZ...der&playnext=1

Maybe Lee can make the CCTP into a progressive.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.