RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: BIL...Army Ranger...passed away

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

BIL...Army Ranger...passed away

My brother in law, David Capik, passed away last night after a long battle with a debilitating illness. The family is devastated of course and plans for his service are under way today.

Dave was the consumate outdoorsman. Always fishing or hunting and guiding others so they could enjoy what nature provides. A man with a heart of gold and generous beyond anyone I've ever known. I looked forward to his visits, just to hear the latest joke......and never a bad word about another human being.

He was a Vietnam Vet, involved in many covert operations "over the border" during the height of that conflict. There is a glass front display case in his home containing many medals, among them the silver and bronze stars. He never really spoke about his role until his illness became severe, then he expressed regret over some of the things he had to do. Until that time he kept it bottled up inside so as to not upset others. A real man, through and through.

Please pray for this close knit family.

I'll miss you brother.
    Last edited by 3006guns; 08-16-2011 at 10:32 AM.